Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Uh-Oh..This may not have been a good idea

Yesterday my doc gave me 1cc - I really thought the policy was .5cc after you reached 3ccs. I wasn't expecting the 1cc and it's a big, BIG difference. Today I was able to drink 2 cups of coffe without any problems-so that's good (except the coffe part). I made an egg beater omlette with a teeny piece of cheese. I sat down to eat it and was only able to eat a tablespoon-that's it! Then it happened-the slime, and more slime, the stuck feeling and I knew I had to get it out-vomit!

Normally I would just let this ride it's course because I was able to drink coffee. BUT I leave on a plane this THursday for vacation and then a cruise. I don't want to deal with this on vacation-I am thinking of getting an unfill (I never thought I'd ever say those words). I have never been filled to the point of actually it making a big difference-so this is completely new to me.

Should I wait it out since I can drink or should I get the unfill? Will I be able to eat food tomorrow?

If anyone has ever had a tight fill-how long was it until you could eat food again? I just don't know what to do!

Normally I would say wait it out a week, but since you are going on vacation you might want to get an unfill. You don't want to be on vacation and be too tight with no way of fixing it. Especially since you're going to be on a boat in the middle of nowhere. You can always get a fill again when you come back. I agree though, after my first 3 fills I've never had more than .5cc's at a time. Even that's a pretty big difference for me now!

Normally I would say wait it out a week, but since you are going on vacation you might want to get an unfill. You don't want to be on vacation and be too tight with no way of fixing it. Especially since you're going to be on a boat in the middle of nowhere. You can always get a fill again when you come back. I agree though, after my first 3 fills I've never had more than .5cc's at a time. Even that's a pretty big difference for me now!

Thanks for the reply! I did call the doc. and I have a 9:45am appointment. They are completely booked but they had to squeeze me in if I can't eat. I will see how I feel in the morning-but if I can't eat anything I'll need a unfill-despite how much I hate the idea of getting one! I haven't eaten anything today (the spoonful of egg doesn't count anymore) and that's not good. I am goingto make a shake and see if I can keep that down.

My doctor puts me on a full liquid diet for two days after a fill. I've always followed that with no problem. Stay on liquids today and see what tomorrow brings. I almost did an unfil before my vacation because I was tight. Glad I didn't cuz I lost s couple of pounds while I was gone.

My doctor puts me on a full liquid diet for two days after a fill. I've always followed that with no problem. Stay on liquids today and see what tomorrow brings. I almost did an unfil before my vacation because I was tight. Glad I didn't cuz I lost s couple of pounds while I was gone.

Thanks for sharing your experience! My doc says the day of the fill only liquids, but I really think 2 days is a good policy. I manage to get cream of wheat down so that's a good sign. I really wantto keep this fill because I don't want to gain on vacation and there will be way too much temptation. I guess I'll see how I feel in the morning.

Hello i saw how much lost you have lost. How long did it take you to lose the 154 lbs?? and what type of regimen did u hold. im a newbie im scheuled for the 9/15/11.

Mine has me on liquid for 3 days ! So if 2 days does.not work ! (AND I HOPE IT DOES !) You might want to stretch it e a s y so it relaxes.

Enjoy the Vacation and Cruise !

Shirley.

Thanks so mucj everyone! I think I just panicked because yesterday and most of today I couldn't eat-but I am feeling better now. I had a Protein Shake with a banana blended in and managed some pudding. I get a sense that I will be okay with this fill so I am not going to the doc's tomorrow. Of course I am starving now-but I am very careful of what I put into my mouth!