Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nykee's after fill food log

Feb. 2nd

OMG

I dont even want to list what I did today and I certainly aint gonna figure the calories and shit at fitday.

I will try again tomarow to eat normal enough to be able to calculate such things,.

This is my best guess as to what I did today.

I am also going to include my 'band feelings'

10am

1 serving of Wasabi Almonds.. (28 nuts)

(this was a mistake, they seemed to be fine, then OUCH, my chest hurt, I just went back to sleep)

1pm

5 hard candies of worthers originals carmel

(I woke up, hungry, but unable to eat or drink of course and the candies went down fine, I stopped myself after 5 thinking I would have a "good day" (I WAS WRONG)

4pm

5 bites or so of this broth I made from chicken, carrots, onion and celery (no potatoe) This was impossible and I spit it up. I think I irritated myself with the almonds.

6pm

8 ounces chocolate milk, nesquick and 1% milk.

Here I was testing my ability to drink anything.. it felt fine...

Sooooooooo The rest of the night from 7pm to 10pm

16 ounces more of chocloate milk

2 cups of my Soup (chicken, carrots, onion and celery) (suddenly I am wide open.. ????)

Half a tortilla with like 2 ounces shredded melted cheese (my plan was to chew and spit out, my daughter gave me a bite of hers and it worked real well, so I got my own and found I was able to swallow alot more than I thought possible..

8 ounces grape juice

the insides of a bean and cheese buretto with 1 ounce cheese on it (my child was making one for herself and I asked her to make me one and she said 'yeah right, like you can' and I said "I think I can' and I was able to, but I left most the tortilla and I could feel bits of tortilla in my band, it felt weird but not painfull at all.. I was pissed I ate it, it tasted nasty and I asked my kids how they could stand these things (big bag from Costco)

2 reses Peanut Butter cups candy bars (4 cups total)(went to get milk at store and couldnt resist.. I need to buy the mini huge bag from costco and make a rule of 5 a day OR else I will spend too much money and be too obsessed with this new obsession of mine for the PB cups)

8 ounces 1% milk.

8 large nacho chips with 2 ounces about of shredded cheese and 4 tablespoons Ketsup melted in microwave. (went down perfect, i could of had more but I was sooo full already)

WHAT THE HELL?????????? I get a fill and I EAT MORE???????????

1am to NOw

One hard candy peppermint (my throat hurt, then I couldnt go back to sleep, so I got on computer.

Two ounces of grape juice (A kid came to the fridge for a drink and I asked for some grape juice in a Dixie Cup (thats how I know the ounces of what I drink so well) and it went down OK, no spitting or chest pain but not super perfectly smooth either.

almost 3am and I am going back to bed.

I guess I could manage doing that on fitday and I will.. LATER

FITDAY approx

calories 2570

fat 109

carb 323

Protein 91

GAWD.. Looks like I will just do what ever it takes to get in this average of Calories and fat and Carbs.

GOALS FOR TOMARROW

One serving almonds

One reses Peanut Butter cup (I have one by my bed)

unlimited milk

unlimited juice

2 cups of my Soup

What ever I order at applebee's (its my daughters 18th bday) I am thinking the spinich and artichoke dip, if I was able to eat those chips and cheese tonight than who knows..

Some Ice cream cake.. minus the cake

Hard candies (10)

NO KIDS FOOD!!! NO chips and cheese, no tortillas and cheese and NO burettos!!!! NO buying any CHEETOS and additonal candy!!!!!!

And THINK hardER about the nesquick .. (throwing it out)

hey gurrrl...

i was just thinking - instead of feeling bad sometimes about what u eat... try finding the things u like in lower calorie stuff. Bc lets face it - its hard to totally change our way of eating over night. And its seems like u are very concious about what ur putting in ur mouth which is a great start! So like if u really like chips- why not try baked tostitos and use lower fat cheese....i mean it still tastes good and maybe will take away the craving and its kinda healthy as well. Another example- I LOVE MEXICAN food...and have found that its really easy to subsitute higher calorie/fat ingredience for lower calories and fat without really changing the taste. I like to snack on those 100 Calorie packs from Nabisco... i dont know if u have ever seen them but they are GREAT- they are perfectly propotioned so ur not OVEREATING but at the same time ur getting a tatse of something u love. Perfect to nip that craving bug right in the butt!

i dunno- i mean u probably already thought of that but i figured i'd still mention it. I think ur doing a great job- keep up the good work! i like reading ur posts. kepp 'em comin'...

I like to snack on those 100 Calorie packs from Nabisco... i dont know if u have ever seen them but they are GREAT- they are perfectly propotioned so ur not OVEREATING but at the same time ur getting a tatse of something u love. Perfect to nip that craving bug right in the butt!

I have to agree - Nykee, you should get some of these and keep them at home. They are a lifesaver for me. I have them, along with a couple low-cal slimfast bars and my Protein bars - in a huge basket on my dining room table. I want something? I don't even go into the kitchen - the dining room has everything I need.

I HAVE seen those 100 calorie packs and everytime I think of buying them (every month since they were invented).. I think "I bet I will eat pack after pack and it will be a total waste of money" and of course wont help to keep the intake down.

Thanks girls, you have great suggestions, thanks for your support.

Every day, every week, every time I grocery shop.. I know these things, I know all about the WOW and the baked chips (fat free pringles are like EXACTLY the same as regular ones!) and well the TONS of foods that can be substituted for healthier either by way of less sugar or less fat or both.. I put them in the house and then I dont utilize them, I go out and buy chips and candy at the corner store.

Grrrr

Jack, I always appreciate your posts.... I always come away thinking "if he can do it, so can I" .. I too have gotton into Soups, but I keep getting told thats a mistake.. plus the Soups I like are really fattning and or high sugar. (tomatoe, clam chowder)

Feb. 3rd

2 hard candies

one and a half reses Peanut Butter cup

One bite Peanut Butter pie

7 small french fries

4 almonds

10 ounces strawberry lemonaid

Half the serving of cheesecake from Applebees

half the serving of spinach and artichoke cheese dip from applebees

5 tortilla chips

1/3 cup of tomatoe basil Soup

One bite of ice cream

3/4 flour tortilla with about one ounce of cheese

10 cheetos

grape juice (bout 16 ounces)

Milk 1% (about 12 ounces)

nesquick chocolate milk (about 12 ounces)

Fitday to the best of my ability

Calories 2340

fat 90

carb 334

Protein 63

THIS IS NOT BETTER than PREFILL!!!

My fill doctor said I could come next week at no charge and get more fill If I want to.. MAYBE I should.

Reeses makes the mini Peanut Butter cups in SUGAR FREE!!!! I have tried them, they are good. I grabbed a bag from the Dollar General, they were only $2, which is worth it for a treat.

Nykee, did you ever get that blood work done? I have been curious and wondering how you were feeling. Great idea to keep a food log, maybe it will help you see if there are areas you would be willing to tweak. Good luck with your latest fill.

Wow jack, that was a fun read.. very moving.

And no I havent went to the doctor, i cancelld on the account I couldnt get out of bed, but I WILL GO SOON.

and my symptoms did improve, but I stopped paying alot of attention as I wasnt home and stuff..

I see that for the last two days... My fat and calories and crabs "after fill" havent changed... and I am thinking that It seems I will get that many fat and cal and carbs No matter what I have to do...

I am filled nice and tight, I mean it could be better BUT I KNOW I would just wait till MIDNIGHT to eat .. Like I did before..

Seems I really HAVE GOT to TAKE some personal responsibilty that MATTERS!!

I go grocery shopping today.. and AGAIN I will try.. LAST month I bought ALL low carb foods... on my major shopping trip and DID NOT utilize any of it, I dont think for even ONE DAY..

I dont even know how to shop today.. I have shopped every way possible and no matter what I do what I want each day anyway.

I have four kids, so I have to have some things in the house,.. BUt usually those things dont temp me.. I have Ramen and PB and J and Mac and cheese and corn dogs and cerial.. I DONT eat those things..

What ever.. I am alittle disscouraged right now.. FOr sure.

Feb. 4th

7am

Almonds, 1 serving

12pm- 2pm

3 hard candy

15 cheetos

Nesquick with 1% milk.

2 ounces chocolate chips

1 cup regular milk

1/2 Cup chocolate peanutbutter icecream

5pm to 6pm

One bite of a butterfinger candy bar

Middle of a flour tortilla

1 ounces shredded cheese

1 tablespoon sour cream

1 tablesppon salsa

1 ounce chicken

One sardine

10 to 1am

2 cups milk

1 serving almonds

2 servings reses peices (my son came in with a bag or I would of made it)

Fitday

Calories 2254

fat 116

carb 225

Protein 91

I really though I might of done better this day,.,.

NOPE

Feb. 5th

Today was a fickle day, I felt like I ate nothing.. and yet my calories and such are the same as every other day..

10am

1 serving almonds

2 hard candies in middle of night.

I think these are giving me problems for the day. So I moved the jar away from my bed and put it in the kitchen cuppord.. I will got his morning with no almonds and see if my band opens up easier for some afternoon liquids.

10am to 5pm

bout 8 ounces 1% milk

bout 1/3 cup broth

bout Half cup of chocolate chips

This was me all day trying to sip milk and broth and sucking on chocolate chips like 2 at a time.. Later and later it got and I just couldnt have anything much with out feeling it wasnt ok yet.

MAYBE because I am sure to start my period anyday now??? I tend NOT to think that has anything to do with it..

Thats why i am going to try to be real dedicated to this food log, to understand my band.. I mean I just told sandie yesterday that my band acts the same everyday and then I see thats not really true.. is it??!!

6pm

BBQ chicken skin and some bits of chicken.. 3 ounces in my guess

OK, this is how that happened. My son came home and reheated a plate of BBQ, KFC chicken from 6 days ago.

When he was done, I took his plate (he didnt eat it all) and I decided to would do some chew and spit cuz I was hungry and frusterated wanting to eat. So I picked the bones and the skin and I sucked on it and I spit it out, and in the process, I think about 3 ounces of the goo, went down.. and I realized I was OPEN.. so I tried some milk and BEEHOLD, I really WAS open,.. but plenty full on that thick coated skin

4 ounces 1% milk

AND the rest of the night till bedtime at 10pm

3 cup nesquick chocolate milk for the night (thats 6 dixie cups)

Applesauce, 1/2 cup

3 teaspoons brown sugar

6 ounces root beer My child got this from our complex's pop machine and I felt thirsty and we had no juice and milk wasnt cutting it.. so I had some pop, usually I dont have pop cuz I dont like it all that much..

6 ounces MOUNtain dew Then the other kid got a dew and I did the same thing. I had two dixied cups (with ice) of each.. I need to grocery shop and buy me some juice. I grocery shop tomarrow.

One reses Peanut Butter cup pack (2 cups) Well, a kid had to go buy some milk at 7-11 and I told him to get me a PB cup and he said no and I said "pleeease" and so he did..

I KNOW HOW I CAN STOP getting these every night on milk runs..

ALL I HAVE TO DO IS TELL MY SON "DO not get me ANY candy, NO matter if I ask you or beg you or make excuses like "its all i can get down"... DO NOT buy me any..and guarenteed he wouldnt do it..HE would never ever buy me any candy again NOW, my daughter still would...( I have tried all this before) ohhhhh grrrrrr blah

Milk 1%... like 3 more cups

And another serving of almonds at my bedside.

Looking at it all.. I wouldnt have guessed I got in so much.. BUT I DID. NO DIFFERENT THAN ANY OTHER DAY..

seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

FITDAY

calories 2610

fat 121

carbs 304

Protein 93

Hi Nykee,

It occured to me while reading your logs that if you just switched from regular juices to sugar-free juices (like no-sugar lemonade and no-sugar grape drinks), and switched from milk to any other kind of no-calorie drink, you'd be saving yourself hundreds of calories every day. Also, kids don't "have" to eat foods like mac-n-cheese, ramen, and corn dogs. All of these are really loaded with fat, salt, and calories (which I'm sure you know). Incorporating healthier (but still delicious) choices (low fat microwave popcorn, fruit, string cheese, frozen banannas, homemade Pasta with marinara and turkey meatballs, etc) will help both you and the kids. Also, I noticed that you don't seem to have many homemade meals or regular meal times. Could you make a goal to incorporate more regular meals into your schedule instead of snacking instead? It seems like everything is a snack rather than a meal, and snack foods are so loaded with calories I can see that it would be a major deterrant to weight loss. Small changes can add up to big ones. But the main things is switching from the calorie-laden fluids to no-cal fluids. This alone would cut your calories drastically.

It occured to me while reading your logs that if you just switched from regular juices to sugar-free juices (like no-sugar lemonade and no-sugar grape drinks), and switched from milk to any other kind of no-calorie drink, you'd be saving yourself hundreds of calories every day.

>>>>>>>>>that has occured to me too.. lol.. I have had them ALL,. Ibet you couldnt name one I havent had.

Also, kids don't "have" to eat foods like mac-n-cheese, ramen, and corn dogs. All of these are really loaded with fat, salt, and calories (which I'm sure you know).

I know, I meant they are cheap.. I get 220$ in foodstamps to feed us all a month.. and thats not meant to be an excuse for feeding them poorly.. just the truth of the matter

Incorporating healthier (but still delicious) choices (low fat microwave popcorn, fruit, string cheese, frozen banannas, homemade Pasta with marinara and turkey meatballs, etc) will help both you and the kids.

I know. I buy this stuff all the time. Low fat string cheese, lite microwave kettle korn, lowfat grahm crackers, non fat cream cheese, lite sorbet and sherbert, sugar free fudge bars, diet pop, always 7% lean beef, chicken breast patties, and much more are also the things my kids have regularily in the house. (I have two adult children) I also buy cases of flavored Water and crystal lite every month for my children, they like it jsut fine and know its better for them and prefer it.

Also, I noticed that you don't seem to have many homemade meals or regular meal times.

Nope.. rarely..

Could you make a goal to incorporate more regular meals into your schedule instead of snacking instead?

You would think so.

It seems like everything is a snack rather than a meal, and snack foods are so loaded with calories I can see that it would be a major deterrant to weight loss. YUP, it sure is.

Small changes can add up to big ones.

Boy, do i know it.

But the main things is switching from the calorie-laden fluids to no-cal fluids. This alone would cut your calories drastically.

I know everything there is to know about this stuff..

But you didnt know that and your advice is wise and appreciated,

THANK YOU

FEB> 6th

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Ok..

So I did not eat any almonds this morning..

At noon, I took 1 ounce of milk and clear through a 1;00 appointment... I was burping and hiccuping it.

Its now almost 3pm.. SO, NO.. ITS NOT THE ALMONDS causing the restrcition to last so long into the day.

I AM HUNGRY,

I used to NEVER EVER be hungry.

WORSE .. I WANT TO TAKE A NAP, yet IF I do.. I wont be able to eat till midnight..

AND I AM BORED to death.

AFTER my period, I will decide if I am overfilled to the point where I cant take it.

IF I am not choking on my own saliva, I am NOT overfilled.. (this is MY rule.. IF I am not abusing the band by choling, sliming or PBing than its fine.. BUT I WOULD LIKE TO at leaste be able to drink)

BUT then again I may get really frusterated not being able to drink even till 3pm.

Even on my last fill I was able to drink milk and juice by noon,.,.

So.. GRRRR.

I think I will just go to the dang YMCA. (WHICH I HATE.. for many reasons)

GAWD I CANT WAIT TILL SUMMER!

WHAT THE HELL?????????? I get a fill and I EAT MORE???????????

Just my 2 cents here Nykee

The reason you seem to want to eat more is because you are eating crap..food that the band will not or does not restrict..liquids go right through..junk goes right through..and if you say you can not eat any solids ..then girlfreidn you are too tight...the band was not designed to just drink your meal or eat candy..you need some real food..protein, the Protein will curb your hunger so if you can not get anything down but liquids atleast drink Protein drinks instead of grape juice and chocolate milk all that sugar does is make you crave more sugar..in my opinion you have fallen itno the soft/liquid food syndrome...and that my friend will not help you to lose weight, if anything you will take in more caloreis then if you ate solids...liquids and soft foods go right through the band, they do not stay in your pouch plain and simple which is exactly why you are hungry

Nykee: This post is sent with all the love and support I can give you. Please don't take offense to anything I am saying here but honey you are definetly taking in way too many calories and certainly WAY too much sugar. If I were to eat like you are I would not be losing weight.

I too have lived on $300 in food stamps for myself and 4 small children so I know how difficult it can be. IT SUCKS!! But if I remember your children are teenagers and more specifically they are 18 and 19 is that correct? If that is accurate then they can certainly fend for themselves for meals. It is TIME to start taking care of NYKEE.

Find a Farmer's Market that accepts food Stamps. They are out there.

Find a Co-op that you can barter with for fresh veggies. They are out there.

You say you are bored. I have been there as well. IT TOO SUCKS!! But find something you LIKE to do. Get up and do it. Stop finding excuses to NOT do things. No one can fix your issues but you. We here can offer all the support and encouragement there can be and it does no good if it falls on deaf ears. I respect your situation cause I have been there. I know what it is like to want a better life for your children and the frustration because it seems hopeless. IT ISN'T hopeless unless you let it be. YOU HAVE THE POWER TO CHANGE IT. And when you realize that the possibilities are endless.

OK if I haven't succeeded in pissing you off then know that I have the utmost respect for you and believe that you can succeed in whatever you want out of life.