Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So.. I'm having issues! I'm down about 50 lbs but I don't see it. I know I've lost but my brain is tricking me. What can I do to make my brain see the 250 Ronni and not the 300 Ronni. I need a mental talk... agh!

<3 Ronni

I know exactly what you mean! You could try putting pix of yourself then and now side by side and noting all the differences to help your brain catch up. I'm trying to get my head to accept that I can lose more weight because I've reached the point where I have always got to in the past before stacking it all back on. Our heads can be the toughest part of this journey! Good luck.

sagetracey is right! Pic by pic comparisons help me the most! I can tell the differences just in my Face from my old license to my new one!

OR you could go out and buy a new shirt/pants, etc. You definitely have to be down a size or two, right?? We are so proud of you. Holy cow 50 lbs!!!!! I'd LOVE to be at that amount of weight loss ....W T G !!!! You need to give yourself a pat on the back, cause you DESERVE IT!! All the hard work you are doing is paying off. Keep it up! ~hugs~

Keeping the head caught up is so difficult! Even when other people comment about weight we've lost, it's still so hard to realize it ourselves. Pictures are a great way to see the difference, just like everyone has said. Whatever you decide to do -- just keep positive thoughts going. 50 pounds lost is a GREAT achievement! Awesome work!

The side by side pics help so much. If you look at the pics I have posted on here you will see I have done one side by side at 1 month post-op & a second one at 2 months post-op. They are super helpful to see the difference!

I feel the same way! I've lost 30 and my husband keeps commenting on how much different I look already but I can't see it. Even after buying pants 2 sizes smaller...I can't see it. Dumb brain!

Go see someone you haven't seen since you started losing weight and look forward to the OMG! you will get. I had that happen last night when 2 of my former employees saw me for the first time since April and said "did you lose weight?" Why, Yes I DID!!!

I'm that way to. As I lose weight and go into smaller sizes, I try on smaller cloths then check them out in the Mirror.

Yes I can see the difference, but,,,, I still see a FAT Person. Well I am 251,,,, so yes ! That's because I'm still FAT.

I also look at old pants, and say Amen. I'm glad I am not that big anymore.

So you have to prove it to yourself. At least I do.....

Shirley.

I plan on keeping my largest pair of pants and a large blouse for comparison. I'm going to put these clothes on once a month to really notice the lost weight. Already with about 30 pounds lost I'm swimming in those pants. My goal is to fit into one pant leg one day. I hope this along with the pictures will really help my head to catch up with my body. Congratulations on losing 50 pounds.