Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Group! This is my first (very long) post

I just wanted to drop in and introduce myself. My name is Stephenie and I am 32, married, and have 3 kids who are 11, 13, and 15. Let me just say that teenagers suck! Anyway, I am 5'4" and started out at 236 pounds with a BMI of 40. I had my lap band surgery a week ago today and my current weight is 219. Let me just tell you I am ecstatic. I actually started looking into lap band about 2 years ago but my insurance at the time wanted to make me jump through hoops to qualify. I am quite sure once I jumped through those hoops they would have still tried to deny me because they were that kind of insurance company. In February my husband's company switched to BCBS of New Jersey so I decided to submit my insurance info and see what they had to say. I believe my first visit was at the very first week of June. On that day Cindy Canino from True Results became one of my favorite people in the world. She told me there were no more hoops and that all I needed was blood work, a psych evaluation, and to see a nutritionist. Not much in this world can make me cry because I am very strong get it done kind of woman but let me tell you I cried like a little girl and didn't care who saw me. I had all of my requirements done a week later and then the psych dr had to submit a report but they were able to submit my info a few weeks later. I was still rather skeptical that I would get my approval because that is how things work for me. I did set up a surgery date for August 4th just in case and had my fingers crossed so hard Iost feeling in my hand. On June 22, 2011 that same beautiful woman called me to tell that my approval came back from the insurance company. WHAT? No appeals or hoops or rejections? Finally my day had come. The one thing in life I have done that was for me and me alone was actually going to be a reality.!!!! Again I cried like a little girl standing at the front door of my office building where I work. Everyone walking by thought someone had died. I calmed down enough to really just laugh. Free at last free at last thank God O mighty I was free at last. Yes I am a little dramatic and long winded but basically my story has brought me here. I am an active participant in the lap band community and I can't wait to see what life has to offer. I was a blessed person before with amazing family and friends but I had one huge hurdle that made me feel like crap and want to hide away sometimes......my weight. Well now I have the same amazing friends and family and nothing to stop me from anything I want to do. Damn it I am crying again! It is a pleasure to introduce myself, please feel free to say hi or become my friend.......I am not shy in the least!

Steph

Welcome, Stephanie. Congrats on the start of your journey.

(I have to agree with you...teenagers suck!)

Good for you Steph! That's great! I am not banded, yet, but I'm sure in the process of getting there, as far as insurance. After Sept I can move forward with it, but I'm told I won't have any problems with my insurance (BCBS of NC) plus I have talked to BCBS myself. I have been reading up on lapband for months now, plus I know quite a bit of people that had it done and have had much success. I look forward to being a bandster too. I wish you much success. :)

Congratulations, and welcome Stephanie!

How do I get one of the little tracker things?

Thanks!

Good for you Steph! That's great! I am not banded, yet, but I'm sure in the process of getting there, as far as insurance. After Sept I can move forward with it, but I'm told I won't have any problems with my insurance (BCBS of NC) plus I have talked to BCBS myself. I have been reading up on lapband for months now, plus I know quite a bit of people that had it done and have had much success. I look forward to being a bandster too. I wish you much success. :)

Gp to www.tickerfactory.com and create one. It will give you the codes afterwards use the one for BB. Copy and paste it into your settings under my signature.

How do I get one of the little tracker things?

Thanks!

Congrats!!! its great to have the support of friends and family. Hope teenagers aren't as bad as you say, my 2 girls are a few years away from it :)

I just wanted to drop in and introduce myself. My name is Stephenie and I am 32, married, and have 3 kids who are 11, 13, and 15. Let me just say that teenagers suck! Anyway, I am 5'4" and started out at 236 pounds with a BMI of 40. I had my lap band surgery a week ago today and my current weight is 219. Let me just tell you I am ecstatic. I actually started looking into lap band about 2 years ago but my insurance at the time wanted to make me jump through hoops to qualify. I am quite sure once I jumped through those hoops they would have still tried to deny me because they were that kind of insurance company. In February my husband's company switched to BCBS of New Jersey so I decided to submit my insurance info and see what they had to say. I believe my first visit was at the very first week of June. On that day Cindy Canino from True Results became one of my favorite people in the world. She told me there were no more hoops and that all I needed was blood work, a psych evaluation, and to see a nutritionist. Not much in this world can make me cry because I am very strong get it done kind of woman but let me tell you I cried like a little girl and didn't care who saw me. I had all of my requirements done a week later and then the psych dr had to submit a report but they were able to submit my info a few weeks later. I was still rather skeptical that I would get my approval because that is how things work for me. I did set up a surgery date for August 4th just in case and had my fingers crossed so hard Iost feeling in my hand. On June 22, 2011 that same beautiful woman called me to tell that my approval came back from the insurance company. WHAT? No appeals or hoops or rejections? Finally my day had come. The one thing in life I have done that was for me and me alone was actually going to be a reality.!!!! Again I cried like a little girl standing at the front door of my office building where I work. Everyone walking by thought someone had died. I calmed down enough to really just laugh. Free at last free at last thank God O mighty I was free at last. Yes I am a little dramatic and long winded but basically my story has brought me here. I am an active participant in the lap band community and I can't wait to see what life has to offer. I was a blessed person before with amazing family and friends but I had one huge hurdle that made me feel like crap and want to hide away sometimes......my weight. Well now I have the same amazing friends and family and nothing to stop me from anything I want to do. Damn it I am crying again! It is a pleasure to introduce myself, please feel free to say hi or become my friend.......I am not shy in the least!

Steph

You are so lucky you got instant approval. I have BCBS of Arizona and was denied the first two times, it took 3 years and the third time was a charm for me. I am to goal and loving life and so glad for you. You will not regret your decision but keep in mind, it is not a quick fix but a life long commitment. After almost 3 years I still have demons and head hunger that will not leave me alone. I do occasionally slip and cheat but always go back to basics and I am fine and you will be too. Good luck on your journey and welcome aboard.

Unfortunately teenagers do suck that bad. Thanks for the congrats and words of encouragement. I have been kinda down the last few days because I went from losing a pound a day to nothing. When I switched over to mushy foods is when the weight loss stalled. I have evaluated the mushy foods I have been eating and realized that it is because I have introduced some carbs back into my diet and not as much Protein. I guess I figured that until I could eat regular foods again I would still be losing weight eating the refriend Beans and mashed potatos because the amount was so small. Well today I have decided that aparently that is not what works for my body so time to find healthier options. I have gone back to drinking at least one Protein Shake a day and avoiding carbs. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the weight starts moving again. I don't expect to see a pound a day but a few pounds a week would make me so so happy!:D

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your lap band. I wish you loads of sucess.

I agree , teenagers are a royal pain in the lower part of my body!!!!!! I have 3 myself all girls! YUCK!!!!