Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling tattoed bandsters!

Anwyn

I have the japanese symbol for "eternity" on my right ankle and a thingy with a gem in it on my left ankle. Fortunately neither of them changed much with weight gain/loss, but they are a little faded and need a color touch up. I'll probably do that with an addition of something new when I get to goal or something..

I have a gothic fairey on my left upper arm~I love her sooooo much!! Shes sorta my alter ego~ I have a phoenix on my right calf, coming out of flames and a black dream catcher on my chest~ I wanna get the one on my chest covered up...but I am gonna wait till Im closer to goal weight. I think the amount of "damage" done to a tat depends on where it is, how badly the skin is affected by the weight gain and weight loss. I got my fairey when I was 50 pounds heavier, and so far so good, shes holding up!!!

post-204309-13813132815744_thumb.jpg

that picture doesn't do her justice...

the picture of the phoenix is an invalid type of picture to upload and i dont know how to change it

and the idea that i have for the one on my chest is to cover it up with a male angel. i want it to cover up the dreamcatcher and then continue onto my shoulder. i will talk to my tattoo guy when the time comes closer....

This is the only one I have a picture of, but I recently just had it re-done for my 25th birthday so it looks freaking awesome right now - I had him shade in some rose pink color so it makes it look a little scarred which actually represents that time of my life very well, it is a symbol for CHAOS.

My other tattoos are of a colorful sun on my ankle which represents the light at the end of dark period in my life and my best friend who helped me through that time also got the same one on his ankle at the same time so it was a very bonding experience for us.

I also have a shamrock surrounded by fire on my lower back to my butt crack and then above the shamrock it says "LUCKY" and under the shamrock at the top of my ass crack its says "YOU" - its a fun conversation piece when your doing the ol'dirty deed. Jon likes to ask "Lucky Me huh?" The shamrock represents what you earned upon entering your first structure fire at the fire dept. and of course the flames surrounding it represent the actual fire. Its an old tradition at our fire house, not the tattoo, but you earn a shamrock on your fire helmet. It was again a time in my life I never wanted to forget. The "LUCKY YOU" was just because I'm a sassy gal in the bedroom and thought it would be fun.

I already have numerous tattoos planned for the future, but some of them I'm waiting for the weight loss. My first one after all the weight loss will be of my alter ego which is this really sexy pin-up gal cartoon, naked with a beautiful body and long flowing red hair - I plan on putting her somewhere private to represent the woman within me and how I see myself. I won't go on about the others since this post is too long already. BUT I LOVE BEING INKED!!!! I think everyone NEEDS at least one in their lifetime, but make sure it has meaning and you'll never regret it - don't just go and get a TRAMP STAMP to be cute.

post-204801-13813132816409_thumb.jpg

I want a tattoo really bad, but hubby won't let me, I'm thinking of sneaking off and getting one for my birthday...since my pet name for him is puppy dog, and one of my lapband sisters gave me the name beautiful butterfly, I was thinking of getting a puppy dog, with a butterfly sitting on its nose, what do you think??? Wouldn't that be cute??? I want it really low on my back, I mean really low or in my pelvic area, now that I have a flat tummy I can do it there. I know there are many of you talented artists out there, does anyone want to design it for me?? I'm scared to death about getting it, but I think I'm going to go for it. Does it really hurt that bad??

I have the kanji symbol for elder sister (sis has younger sister) low on the back of my neck. It's about an inch and a half tall. I just got it at Christmas. I'm going to add the symbols for lover (above) and mother (below) the one I have now. They won't show with a collared shirt, but when I put my hair up they'll be gorgeous. I am saving my big tattoo project for my weight loss reward. I want a butterfly framed by tribal kanji on the small of my back below my waist. I already have it picked out! I want to be able to show them if I want, and not show them if I don't want. I work in a conservative atmosphere, and I must adapt.

Kristi, that's a really cool idea! I've been trying to come up with something for a long time that me and my 2 younger sisters could get together. I doubt if they'd go for Kanji, but what a great idea!

I have a butterfly on my right shoulder blade. I forget it is there sometimes!

I don't think it will ever sag... that is why I got it there. :)

When I get to goal I want to get a tat on my lower back.

I have one on the inside of my right ankle that was done when I was 16. Its a small cross. That's all the courage I could muster with that razor blade and bic ink. *grins* My ankles have swollen to baloons before but the little cross stays little. Im really shocked it stayed with me all these years. Kind of a neat metaphor really, if you knew my life's travels. But then all tatoos have special meanings to their owners, dont they?

I have two of them. The first is on my right ankle and the second is on my left shoulder blade. Neither have them have changed shape, regardless of my size.

I'm thinking of having the first one re-touched as it's starting to fade. Can you tell that I have a thing for dolphins? :biggrin1:

tat1.jpgtat2.jpg

Well....it was in two parts. The top part that includes the birds and stars took five - 2 hour sittings- so that was a total of 10 hours for that part and then the rest (horseshoe, roses, etc..) took about maybe 15 hours...maybe 6-7 more sittings. It really took along time. My back was published in Tattoo Directory for One of Best of 2005 and I won 2nd place in Houston for the top part and I won for my whole back the next year in 2nd place. I also won 3rd place in New Orleans for the top part of my back and then 2nd place the next year for the whole back. Whew! I am pretty much done with competitions :faint: They are so tiring!! Unless! I get something new that I want to show and that is SO possible! :biggrin1: I have a new one picked out so as soon as I get that one done I will post it! Do you have any tattoos??

I can't make up my mind what I want, I was a soldier for 13 years and I am still a volunteer firefighter (10 years and counting). I would like to come up with one idea that combines the two. I am open to suggetions though.:bananajump: