Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquid Diet - Great smoothies!

Day two of my liquid diet. I can't cay I'm not hungry, but it isn't bad. I'm drinking nectar Naturals (various fruit flavors) and unjury (Chicken Soup) Protein smoothies. They taste really good. (I use coconut water* (NOT coconut milk) instead of H20 for the fruit smoothies.) They are more expensive than other Protein options out there, but I'm particular about limiting unpronounceable crap in my food.

Syntrax makes the nectar powder - the Naturals brand have Stevia for sweetener, the originals have the artificial stuff. Unfortunately the Natruals don't come in individual packets so I had to settle for the artificial sweeteners for on-the-go smoothies. They have an abundance of flavors and they really do taste good.

Unjury makes several flavors, though I've only had the chicken Soup. It's like a creamy version of instant chicken Soup w/o the noodles or dehydrated chicken. Pretty tasty, too.

Trader Joe's has an excellent variety of blended Soups - Latin Black Bean, Roasted Tomato/Red Pepper, Butternut Squash, Mushroom, Roasted Corn (watch the carbs). I also went to my local diner for their fabulous Minestrone soup, brought it home and whirled it up in the blender. Delish!

Nectars - mybariatricpantry.com

Unjury - unjury.com

my blog on my Mexican banding adventure (surgery Aug. 2) - BandolerG.wordpress.com

*coconut Water is an isotonic - excellent hydrator, loaded with electrolyte

I agree- Unjury Chix Soup is Great! Its the ONLY 1 that I have tried that I actually like and can tolerate having 4 x a day!! I tried their strawberry mixed with water_ BIG mistake! lol I've been told since then that u r suppose to use milk, oh well, will try that tomorrow. I have a question- is that blended soup for post op? How can u have blended soup on a liquid diet? I have to try those natural Protein Drinks. I am so tired of the Vitamin Shop recommendations that turn out to taste horrible!!! I will keep looking. SURVIVED Day #5 of my pre-op 2 week liquid diet!!! I wish you luck! & myself too!

For my liquid post op I've been taking the seasoning packets out of the ramen noodle packages mixing with alot of cup of hot Water and viola! Gourmet meal! Lmao

I agree- unjury Chix Soup is Great! Its the ONLY 1 that I have tried that I actually like and can tolerate having 4 x a day!! I tried their strawberry mixed with water_ BIG mistake! lol I've been told since then that u r suppose to use milk, oh well, will try that tomorrow. I have a question- is that blended soup for post op? How can u have blended soup on a liquid diet? I have to try those natural Protein drinks. I am so tired of the Vitamin Shop recommendations that turn out to taste horrible!!! I will keep looking. SURVIVED Day #5 of my pre-op 2 week liquid diet!!! I wish you luck! & myself too!

I'm pre-op. I'm allowed anything* that fits through a straw, is low carb, and low fat until the final 5 days, then it's Clear Liquids only - but apparently Protein Powder is ok if mixed with clear Water. (I was wondering how to keep the Protein levels high while drinking only clear stuff!?)

I think the idea behind blended food is that if it's blended your system doesn't have to process it as much as solids. Less work for the body = liver shrinkage = easier for Dr. to place band. (Though I don't recommend throwing a burger and fries or pizza in the blender or drinking milkshakes. Kind of defeats the low carb/fat purpose.)

If I've learned anything from these boards it is that pre-post op regimens run the gamut. Check with your doctor and follow THEIR 'rules' not mine.

*and I can have yogurt, malt o meal, oatmeal, pudding, etc., too