Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

feeling teary and other things after my lap band surgery

Ive read other posts with others feeling tighter than me and not being able to take down food. Although I can to the max, I cheated on noodles on the fourth day and i ate like a whole bowl! And now its a week I had spaghetti bolognes! And i didnt have any discomfort or anything. And i feel bad, coz i had icecream, custard and chocolate! So why am i able to take normal food like this? Also being a week after my surgery i havent excercised because im still in pain. Has everyonje started to excercise a week after their surgery?

hmmmm im so alone, i promise tomorrow no more hard food or fatty food.

please help!

You need to be careful about what and how much you put in your mouth at this point. Your body is still healing from surgery. You don't want to cause any damage. Your band is stitched into place and putting that volume through it could pop those stitches. That's why your doctor has you on liquids or mushies or whatever his protocol is. Give yourself time to heal. Try to find something else to occupy your mind when the thoughts of food creep in.

I only walked for exercise in the beginning. And even then-- not much. Please don't "cheat" on your eating plan. You don't want to do any damage. Yes, some people aren't hungry after surgery and some are starving- this part of the journey is the hardest!

Well Your elbow is exercising to your mouth ! Stop doing that ! you could really hurt yourself.....

You have to heel first !

Did you do this to lose weight, or just see if you could beat this thing down, "the Band" and just do what you want.

That's not what this is about. You have guidelines your Dr. gave you. Stick to them !

We all had to, so your not alone.

What do you think your surgeon would say if he/she knew what you were doing?

I'm sure you have a appointment to see your surgeon, and what do you think that he is going to think when he sees WEIGHT GAIN!

You have a job to do for yourself, Quit testing, and playing, and do your research, and job.

For now,,, Walking is good.

Stop! I think Pasta right now is probably the worst thing you could be cheating with! Go back to your docs post op plan. If the rest of us can do it, you can too! Please, you just had this surgery and the sutures need to heal prior to you eating like that. Just so you don't feel to bad, I too cheated on like day 11 (new years eve). But I felt bad and went back to the plan. If you're truly hungry (I wasn't I just wanted it :() drink more.

I agree that Pasta is one of the worst things you can eat at this point!

Next time you are hungry have options on hand like Soup. Soup seems to always satisfy me and it takes a while to eat it because it's hot. You will be VERY hungry if you aren't getting the right amount of Protein in. How are the Protein Shakes? Als take your Vitamins becasue a lack of vitamins could also make your body crave food. Plan somehow to drink lots of Water. But a large, very large water bottle and fill it up with water and ice to sip on throughout the day-have a time set to finish it by. You can do this-really you can! Get all tempting food out of the house!!

hi everyone thanks for the replys i told my dr and he gave me an ass whopping i stick to the plan now lol. and i will do some walking i mean i herd the nurses say something like that but i didnt take it literally....THANK YOU ALL!!

Ive read other posts with others feeling tighter than me and not being able to take down food. Although I can to the max, I cheated on noodles on the fourth day and i ate like a whole bowl! And now its a week I had spaghetti bolognes! And i didnt have any discomfort or anything. And i feel bad, coz i had icecream, custard and chocolate! So why am i able to take normal food like this? Also being a week after my surgery i havent excercised because im still in pain. Has everyonje started to excercise a week after their surgery?

please help!

Don't worry about exercising for at least a month after surgery! You don't want to risk any damage!

You CAN eat more just don't because you can streach your stomach pouch which can affect your band in future!

You're not going to do damage walking, it will help you to heal. Your body needs to move, it will reduce pain, get rid of gas and get the blood flowing. It will also help you to feel positive that you're already making changes in your life. Get out there and enjoy it. I walked the day after surgery.

First, I promise you're not starving. And you won't. Second, think about why you had this surgery to begin with. You're starting a new life. With new behaviors. And you deserve better than than to undo the work you did getting ready for surgery. You can do it. When the temptation of a bad choice comes along, tell yourself, "I deserve better." Good luck. :)

PS - and once you can have noodles, try these: http://www.house-foods.com/tofu/tofu_shirataki.aspx. 3 carbs and 20 calories per serving. Great in spaghetti, Asian, you name it. Enjoy!

please help!

Your not starving I swear! I had my surgery in May and for the first month I was sooo hungry and I would cry when I saw fast food commercials lol BUT don't be naghty and cheat, if you do you have gone through all this for nothing. DON"T let this get the best of you! You get the best of it! Life is in session NOW!!! You did the easy work now after the surg is the hard part but stick to what the doc tells you and you will lose weight be motovated and get healthy. HANG IN THERE this too shall pass. :D