Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A new comorbidity presents. Ack!

So...everything's chugging along.

I met with my nutritionist, and my surgeon waived my physical therapist requirement. All I have left to do is meet with the shrink and get this thing scheduled.

I went into this with no health issues. Everyone seems shocked I'm not on any meds. Every single person I meet.

"What medications are you taking?"

None.

(double taking) "What? None? Really?

Um... yep. None.

I'm really healthy. I stay relatively active, no blood sugar issues, no high blood pressure or cholesterol, nothing.

However, as a pastry chef, I spend a lot of time standing. It's never in my life been a problem, until this week. I gained 6lbs since the last time I stepped on the scale (a month ago?) and now, I noticed after a day of baking, I get shooting pain through my left butt cheek and down through my knee to my outer ankle. Damn. Sciatica.

::sigh:: This procedure couldn't be coming at a better time.

Yeah, I'm dealing with Sciatica now as well. Awful stuff. Hoping the wait loss will take it away.

I went through about 6 months off and on with that. I just went to the chiropractor religiously and it went away. Thats a yucky feeling... I hope it goes away for you soon.

We sound very similar. No health issues for me either. Everyone was shocked and told me I was the exception. :-) good luck!

I went through about 6 months off and on with that. I just went to the chiropractor religiously and it went away. Thats a yucky feeling... I hope it goes away for you soon.

We sound very similar. No health issues for me either. Everyone was shocked and told me I was the exception. :-) good luck!

I was actually kind of disappointed (in the beginning). I needed a reason for feeling the way I feel: Tired, sluggish, and down right old. After a while I began to embrace the fact that I am healthy and that the reason I am feeling the way I am is because of the weight. I do consider people like us to be lucky because it can always get worse!

I came into the process without any problems and the more tests they did, the more they found lol. I was diagnosed with sleep apnea and a hiatal hernia which I did not know I had. I knew I had arthritis from a broken bone as a kid and I already had sciatica because I have a slight case of scoliosis in my lower back so those were not new things or morbidity things and I have great blood pressure, no diabetes or anything. I agree, we are lucky to be healthy. And if they had never done the test for the sleep apnea it would not have mattered because it's only a small case and the machine does not help me at all. The hernia, on the other hand, I am glad they found and will repair so I can finally be relieve of acid reflux.

Good luck!

I went into this relatively healthy. Just a bit of high blood pressure that was well controlled with meds. And of course that MO issue. My insurance plan is a terrific plan that covers everything and even helps you throughout the process. My surgeon is a well-known Center of Excellence doctor. No worries. Well since I began this in December, I have seen seven different doctors, had complete blood work three times, a c-scan, three different ultrasounds and now I am scheduled for a sleep study and an MRI. One doctor passes me off to the next. I'm beginning to think it is because my insurance is so good. LOL!

I went into this relatively healthy. Just a bit of high blood pressure that was well controlled with meds. And of course that MO issue. My insurance plan is a terrific plan that covers everything and even helps you throughout the process. My surgeon is a well-known Center of Excellence doctor. No worries. Well since I began this in December, I have seen seven different doctors, had complete blood work three times, a c-scan, three different ultrasounds and now I am scheduled for a sleep study and an MRI. One doctor passes me off to the next. I'm beginning to think it is because my insurance is so good. LOL!

Hi, I have super insuance and find myself questioning the same thing. Especially the visit to the cardiologist. I had just passed (barely) a stress test . But most of the visits have been profitable and I have yet to find one physician who isn't really positive that this is a wise choice for me. For those of you in your twenties and thirties, be very thankful that you have access to this type of medical care. if you waited another twenty years to my age, you would find yourself most likely with several co-morbities. All the best in your weight loss journeys.

Melinda