Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Loose skin and baby bumps

I have a question about loose skin. I have a bunch of it. A small pannus, arms that could fly, and more than enough belly skin to go around despite my still needing to lose another 50 after I have the bambino and only

being down about 70 some pounds. Will I get more loose skin as the bump starts to grow? More stretch marks? Or will the loose skin I already have just sort of take up the slack? I'm only nine weeks and while I can't button most of my pants anymore (no weight gain yet) I am not showing at all, but I am wondering...

I dont know if I have the answers you are looking for, but I can tell you what I experienced. I started off at 300 lbs, lost down to 220 before I got pregnant (I wish I knew about this board then). My Fluid remained in for the first 20 weeks or so until I has some kidney failure. Aweful vomitting... blah... anyway point is I had plenty of fat along with extra skin... I had this "flap" that pretty much started at my belly button and hung...I though that maybe with the pregnancy that part of my body would reshape (seeing as the baby startes of VERY low). Evidently, shifting skin left bellybutton and skin lower that it should have been, cause even at 9 months preggers, that flap of skin was there. On the upside, I didnt get any (more) stretchmarks.

Now, After the baby (and gaining 80lbs during the pregnancy) there was more fat and skin. But now I have lost 60 out of the 80 and that "flap" is starting to look like it did berfore the pregnancy. Bad news... My top "roll" is not somehow rollier and no my belly button stays mostly hidden amongst the fat :(

I dont know if that helps at all, or if it was just useless informtation....

I had a lot of stretch marks and 80 pound weight gain with my first child prior to banding.

I had 1 band baby and found that after losing the weight with the band baby, the small excess of skin was enough to allow me to grow with pregnancy without getting bigger or any stretchmarks. I am now 30 weeks pregnant with the second baby and I still have not had one stretch-mark or extra skin. It seems like the extra skin from weight loss allows pregnancy to occur without additional impact in my case.