Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

its so hard..

Ive had my band for one year today... Ive lost 5 lbs... :( Its my own fault but how do i know when i need a fill? I was pb'ing a lot... I just dont know what to do !! I am a bridesmaid in 3 weddings in the next year! 2 in october... i NEED to lose this weight... I need help.. What do you guys eat?

I was eating one piece of fish and brocolli for like a week and then chicken breast and asparagus for another week!! nothing... I ride my bike almost everyday with my dog.. i go to bridal bootcamp(kill me) lol I just dont know what to do.. I do have a sweet tooth.. and im not eating anything with bread or potatoes..

Sometimes im so hungry and i cant eat anything! Or im hungry, i try eating and i can only eat 2 bites.. then an hour later im starving again...

No one said it was going to be easy but comon! lol

How often do you go for fills?

I'd say you need to examine the situation you're reporting:

If you're pb'ing, chances are you don't need a fill. If your band was looser than it is now, you wouldn't have swallowing issues. So if you ARE having swallowing issues, stuck episodes, and so forth, you probably have plenty of restriction.

If you're exercising enough (to your own satisfaction) then that's not it. You're burning plenty of calories.

The things i see that you may want to closely examine are:

How much Water are you drinking a day? You should be drinking about 64 ounces (or more) per day.

How much sleep are you getting daily? Proper sleep quality can have a big effect on how your weight loss goes.

Where do your calories come from? You mention broccoli and fish, but what ELSE are you eating? Is it high fat, fried foods, sweetened foods, and such? Are you snacking or eating food you know isn't right? Soft drinks or alcohol? If so, your nutrition needs to be corrected.

And most important: How many calories a day are you eating? Are you eating enough calories? If you're existing on a starvation diet, say less than 600 calories a day, your body may be hanging onto every calorie you're putting in your mouth, because it thinks you're starving it. Sometimes, if everything else is right, just raising the calories a bit is enough to really help. In my case, the 800-1000 calories a day my Nutritionist recommended wasn't working for me. i bumped it up to 1200-1500 calories a day, and the weight started falling off.

My surgeon's office recommends eating about three ounces of Protein every three to four hours. if you do that, your blood sugars will stabilize, and you won't have as many highs and lows every day. Once your metabolism levels out, the excess weight will go away.

And finally, have you discussed all this with your surgeon's team? If it's been a year and you've only lost five pounds, you owe it to yourself to go see them and sort out what you're either not doing, or what you're doing wrong. Has your band possibly slipped? You paid a lot of money for your band, and you deserve to have it work correctly. if it's working as it should, then you need to change how you're using it, to make the most of it.

Good luck!

Dave

Sounds to me like you're too tight? How long since you went to your doctor?

awesome thanks! Ill have to make a food journal maybe... im trying to stick to 1200 cals...

It seems when im tighter i dont have as many problems eating.. I just seen him 3 weeks ago.. im only at 6.5 of 11cc's .

I just seen him 3 weeks ago.. im only at 6.5 of 11cc's .

You just saw him three weeks ago and he didn't say anything about you only losing five pounds in a YEAR? You need to talk to him about things. Something's out of sync.

Good luck!

Dave

If you have an iphone, my nutrientist told me of a great free app called *my fitness pal* It will help a lot with food journaling. Also she recommends 60 grams of Protein a day which helps you stay fuller longer (I use a Reese's Protein shake--body advanced whey Protein powder, 1 tablespoon of Peanut Butter, 3 ice cubes, 8 oz of lowfat milk= to 40 grams of protein for breakfast)

Good Luck!!

awesome thanks! Ill have to make a food journal maybe... im trying to stick to 1200 cals...

It seems when im tighter i dont have as many problems eating.. I just seen him 3 weeks ago.. im only at 6.5 of 11cc's .

Yea, be honest with yourself, you aren't eating only broccoli and fish... or if that is your dinner, what is Breakfast and lunch? Snacks? Record your calories if you are unsure. 1200 calories! You'll lose weight, even without crazy exercise.

Also yes if you are getting stuck you don't need a fill. What is your hunger level?