Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

INSURANCE JUST CALLED - I'M APPROVED!!!!!

So my nurse case manager from United Health Care just now called me - I'm approved! The doctor just sent the packet to the insurer Friday and already approved by Monday morning - very fast! Just waiting on my surgery date now - hoping for end of June. I'm so excited!!! I weigh 273 - looking to lose 120. This board has been a God send! To be banded - Miami Valley Hospital in Dayton - soon!

My insurance did not require a supervised diet and I only needed a proven BMI higher than 40 for last five consecutive years - but understand it only took me less than 2 months from the seminar to insurance approval - and I'll be having my surgery within a month of that I believe (so total of 3 months from attending seminar to surgery). Anyone out there that is looking for the quickest point from A to B - I have a tip (if you are able - this entails missing work in some instances) - take the very first appointment you can get (surgeon, psychologist, nutritionist, sleep consult/study). I was able to get my primary physician sign off and pschy evaluation done before my first appointment with the surgeon. Just be as efficient as you can be with meeting all the requirements within as short a time frame as possible.

Again - GOOD LUCK TO US ALL and for the year + bandsters thank you so much for all the tips and inspiration on this board! =)

Congrats to you- that is exciting news!!!

My first appointment with my surgeon was 5/16 and I also am speeding up my process!! I have the rest of my appointments this week- dietician, psych, pre-op testing and PCP visit. Then, I'm done and can submit to insurance!! I hope to also be banded in June. Maybe we should keep in touch!!

Yeah!!!! Thanks for the helpful hints! Good luck to you.

Yeah!!!! Thanks for the helpful hints! Good luck to you.

Congrats and good luck!

Congrats to you- that is exciting news!!!

My first appointment with my surgeon was 5/16 and I also am speeding up my process!! I have the rest of my appointments this week- dietician, psych, pre-op testing and PCP visit. Then, I'm done and can submit to insurance!! I hope to also be banded in June. Maybe we should keep in touch!!

WOW you are even faster than me - and I thought I was being speedy gonzalez! Yes - definitely stay in touch and on these boards all the time (they say research shows those that spend more time on the boards and/or with support groups lose more weight - I believe it too!). How much are you trying to lose and what state are you in?? (My name is Allison by the way)

WOW you are even faster than me - and I thought I was being speedy gonzalez! Yes - definitely stay in touch and on these boards all the time (they say research shows those that spend more time on the boards and/or with support groups lose more weight - I believe it too!). How much are you trying to lose and what state are you in?? (My name is Allison by the way)

LOL- I tried to do this over a year ago and my company changed insurances and the new insurance did not cover bariatric surgery. Now I'm back at it with BCBS that will cover at 100%!!!!!!!

This time around, I told myself that I wasn't messing around!! I called my insurance first and asked what I needed for approval. I called my surgeon on Thursday and they got me an appointment for the following Monday. After that I went ahead and started scheduling all appointments. Luckily, everyone had availability this week. My surgeon's staff was impressed with me.... but I'm so ready!!

I'm currently at 280 and I have a lot to lose. I'm excited to start a new chapter. I'd love to keep in touch- a buddy definitely helps!!

Oh!!! and my name is Krystina. I live outside Atlanta.

awesome!!!! it sounds like we are almost the same weight - would be funny if we get the same surgery date!!!!!! I keep watching my phone waiting for the call from the dr's office with my surgery date - since I know the insurance company called the dr. office this morning with my authorization code before the insurance co. called me - I'm thinking they should have called me by now with the surgery date. The only reason they may not though is every Wed. they do a roundtable with all the surgeons and a few key hospital staff to go through the list of candidates for final approval from the surgeon with input from all - that is when they may decide to send the candicate for more testing etc. Then it's possible the office is waiting for that roundtable Wed. before approving me - still this waiting is terrible =)

awesome!!!! it sounds like we are almost the same weight - would be funny if we get the same surgery date!!!!!! I keep watching my phone waiting for the call from the dr's office with my surgery date - since I know the insurance company called the dr. office this morning with my authorization code before the insurance co. called me - I'm thinking they should have called me by now with the surgery date. The only reason they may not though is every Wed. they do a roundtable with all the surgeons and a few key hospital staff to go through the list of candidates for final approval from the surgeon with input from all - that is when they may decide to send the candicate for more testing etc. Then it's possible the office is waiting for that roundtable Wed. before approving me - still this waiting is terrible =)

It must be a breath of fresh air to know that you already have the most important YES! That's what scares me still... I can't wait to get passed that part, I will feel SOO much better!! You're right- the waiting is terrible. I'm still early in and I can't wait to know "the date". If we got the same date, that would be so awesome!! We will definitely need to keep in touch and keep track of each other's progress!!

I saw that you live in Ohio, do you mind me asking how old you are?

So my nurse case manager from United Health Care just now called me - I'm approved! The doctor just sent the packet to the insurer Friday and already approved by Monday morning - very fast! Just waiting on my surgery date now - hoping for end of June. I'm so excited!!! I weigh 273 - looking to lose 120. This board has been a God send! To be banded - Miami Valley Hospital in Dayton - soon!

My insurance did not require a supervised diet and I only needed a proven BMI higher than 40 for last five consecutive years - but understand it only took me less than 2 months from the seminar to insurance approval - and I'll be having my surgery within a month of that I believe (so total of 3 months from attending seminar to surgery). Anyone out there that is looking for the quickest point from A to B - I have a tip (if you are able - this entails missing work in some instances) - take the very first appointment you can get (surgeon, psychologist, nutritionist, sleep consult/study). I was able to get my primary physician sign off and pschy evaluation done before my first appointment with the surgeon. Just be as efficient as you can be with meeting all the requirements within as short a time frame as possible.

Again - GOOD LUCK TO US ALL and for the year + bandsters thank you so much for all the tips and inspiration on this board! =)

Congratulations to you! I am very happy for you :D

It must be a breath of fresh air to know that you already have the most important YES! That's what scares me still... I can't wait to get passed that part, I will feel SOO much better!! You're right- the waiting is terrible. I'm still early in and I can't wait to know "the date". If we got the same date, that would be so awesome!! We will definitely need to keep in touch and keep track of each other's progress!!

I saw that you live in Ohio, do you mind me asking how old you are?

37 - married with a 5 year old son - one and done so if a major oops happens fine otherwise - i won't be experiencing pregnancy while banded like some others on here (God love them and I'm glad they are going through it and can give advise to others). What about you?

Congrats! Im not as lucky as you i have to see the nutrionist 6times before my surgery. Im hoping to get my done by the end of summer.

Congrats! Im not as lucky as you i have to see the nutrionist 6times before my surgery. Im hoping to get my done by the end of summer.

that's ok steph - the more the nutrition appts the better - that's the most important part in my opinion - good luck to you!!!!!!

37 - married with a 5 year old son - one and done so if a major oops happens fine otherwise - i won't be experiencing pregnancy while banded like some others on here (God love them and I'm glad they are going through it and can give advise to others). What about you?

I'm 25... no kids, except my 32 year old boyfriend who acts like he is 12. :D We've been together 4 years, so I tolerate him. LOL. I work full time and go to school full time and between that and him, I'm always on the run- You think it would have done me some good..... all that running around!!!