Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

BCBS Care First

Hey guys, does any one else on here have BCBS Care First, ours is based out of MD/VA, and I am in chicago, I would just like to know what peoples experince with getting approved by care first was like.

This is my exact plan. I have not formally submitted anything yet, but I spoke to the insurance manager for my surgeon and she said they are very good to deal with regarding lap band surgery.

I work in VA, but I have the DC plan for some reason. This plan requires a 6-month supervised diet. The actual virginia plan does not require the 6-month supervised diet.

Good luck!

Hey Stunt Monkey,

I live in VA and have carefirst BCBS through DC as well. My carefirst plan requires either a 6 month consecutive supervised diet or two three-month diets. My file is going to be submitted for (hopefully, KMFX) approval tomorrow morning by Bluepoint Surgical Group in Fairfax.

good luck with your stuff!

Do you work for FCPS?

I was told the same thing about being able to do one 6-month supervised diet or 2 non-consecutive 3-month supervised diets.

I'm using Dr. Robert Pinnar (in Reston) for the surgery.

Good luck to you, too!

Hey Stunt Monkey,

I live in VA and have carefirst BCBS through DC as well. My carefirst plan requires either a 6 month consecutive supervised diet or two three-month diets. My file is going to be submitted for (hopefully, KMFX) approval tomorrow morning by Bluepoint Surgical Group in Fairfax.

good luck with your stuff!

Hey Stuntmonkey, it's me (gonnabehotagain), I forgot all my account credentials so I can't sign in as me. I work for a gov't agency downtown but I am not bcbs fep. I have bcbs ppo and I am blessed to have fantastic coverage. the ppo does not pre-approve outpatient procedures so no preapproval of lapband. I'm a little nervous that bcbs will end up denying my claim but the ins coordinator at bluepoint seems to think I'm in good shape.

Went to Dr. Robert Pinnar's seminar, seemed really nice but I didn't like the huge program fee. My total out of pocket has been 385 dollars, incl 2 $10 copays. The nutritionist doesn't participate with any insurance so will try for reimbursement.

My surgery is scheduled for July 5. I got fast tracked! On way to gonnabehotagain. Well, I will settle for healthy. Hot would be awesome!

Do you work for FCPS?

I was told the same thing about being able to do one 6-month supervised diet or 2 non-consecutive 3-month supervised diets.

I'm using Dr. Robert Pinnar (in Reston) for the surgery.

Good luck to you, too!