Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did anyone else fear for the safety of others during Liquid Fast?

I am at the end of day 2 of my pre op diet and was just wondering if I was the only one who had homicidal thoughts toward my wife, friends, co workers, random strangers on the street?

It's a catch 22 with the fluids; drink enough not to feel super hungry and you have to urinate every ten minutes. Stop drinking and you want to gnaw your arm off!

Any advice for dealing with the queasiness/nausea and the excruciating headaches? My Dr. said no OTC mets in the last week before surgery...

Thanks

Ben

If you want a perspective on the liquid diet day 2 then,

follow my lap band journey at

benworship.wordpress.com

Hi Ben, I'm at the end of day 4 and I wanted to kill a coworker today and then ended up so mad I cried instead...I am not a crier. Today was the first day that I got a headache and I'm almost positive it's because I drank significantly less today. I'm just tired of drinking and peeing. I guess I need to up my liquids so I don't dehydrate but I think I'm going to bed and worry about it in the morning. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only moody one :-) Good luck to you!!

Before you know it, this will be a thing of the past. I am 4 months out, and honestly I don't recall how "homicidal" I felt. I remember being pretty freaking hungry though. But, in no time you will be eating foods and won't feel that insane hunger anymore.

Ahaha yes! Yes! Yes! That diet is just insane! I know a woman who did a liquid diet for 8 moths and lost 120 pounds, how did she do it?!?

I felt like such a weak person, but it is so hard. It will pass, the beggining is the worst, promise. At least it was for me

I was so lucky that my doctor doesn't require the liquid diet pre-op. I think I would have needed to be locked in a padded room. I think you should call your surgeon and ask if you can PLEASE take Tylenol for the headache.

I apologized to everyone close to me half way into the first day! I offered my husband a free trip anywhere he wanted to go until the pre-op was over.

The headaches should pass about day 4 or 5. I believe that is getting rid of carbs.

Keep your focus on the prize. An easy surgery and better health down the road. After my surgery my doc told me that he could tell I stuck to my pre-op diet because my liver was nice and small and very easy to move around. He said it made the surgery VERY easy for him to perform. That made me feel so good about all the hard work of sticking to it.

I read on another forum of someone who had her liver split during bypass surgery. Now, she had significant health problems and was super-morbidly obese going into the surgery. She was a high risk patient. But my surgeon said he wanted me to do the pre-op to help him make my surgery have lower risks of complications. He also said he'd cancel if I gained during the two weeks prior to my surgery!

Yep, it was brutal, and my head hurt, and I was grumpy, and I went to a Superbowl Party with my shake mixes, and didn't eat any chips and salsa or drink any beer. Now, three years later here I am with normal blood pressure, normal blood sugar, normal body weight, size 10 jeans, joints that hurt less....yes, it was worth it!!

You can do it!!