Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wondering What I will look like after I lose!

I'm 1 week away from surgery. April 29th! Yeah! I just keep thinking what I'm going to look like when I hit my goal weight. I know I probably won't have a double chin anymore, definetly won't miss that. I heard that your feet will shrink alittle, I can't wait for my fingers to stop looking like little sausages! LOL Have you ever though of all the different things that are going to change for the better? Ohh I can't Wait!

I've started thinking about this and am afraid of the excess skin factor. If need be and Tricare won't cover it for rubbing-sake, I think I'll spend my own money for tucks and lifts and all that.

I used to love how long and lean my hands and feet looked when I was thin, am looking forward to them not being all pudged out anymore (plus being able to fit smaller rings again!!).

No double chin.

No multiple back rolls.

Being able to see private zone below my breasts and stomach, where they stick out too far now (especially as I have piercings there that I currently can't take in and out by myself due to reaching issues).

If my excess skin isn't too bad or I have a TT I can get a navel piercing again.

So much will change.

Good luck to you!!

Congrats! I'm getting my lap band done on the same date at Cedar Sinai! I'm looking for all kinds of tips and advice that anyone may have. I've also had 2 friends go through the lap band surgery. One has been very successful, but the other, well not so much. It's been 4 months and she never got an adjustment! Looking at her she hasn't lost any weight. Anyway, I wish you all the best. I'm looking into the Protein Drinks and how I'm going to get through those 2 days before where you have to be on a liquid diet....OMG! I hope I can do it! Anyway, my hubby is happy for me and he said that this Saturday we're going out to have mexican food and margaritas! I guess I'll have my last hooorahhh!!!! Take care and keep in touch...

Mimi C

I'm 1 week away from surgery. April 29th! Yeah! I just keep thinking what I'm going to look like when I hit my goal weight. I know I probably won't have a double chin anymore, definetly won't miss that. I heard that your feet will shrink alittle, I can't wait for my fingers to stop looking like little sausages! LOL Have you ever though of all the different things that are going to change for the better? Ohh I can't Wait!

Congrats! I'm getting my lap band done on the same date at Cedar Sinai! I'm looking for all kinds of tips and advice that anyone may have. I've also had 2 friends go through the lap band surgery. One has been very successful, but the other, well not so much. It's been 4 months and she never got an adjustment! Looking at her she hasn't lost any weight. Anyway, I wish you all the best. I'm looking into the Protein drinks and how I'm going to get through those 2 days before where you have to be on a liquid diet....OMG! I hope I can do it! Anyway, my hubby is happy for me and he said that this Saturday we're going out to have mexican food and margaritas! I guess I'll have my last hooorahhh!!!! Take care and keep in touch...

Mimi C

I know the feeling! I am 10 months out from surgery! I have lost a total of 64 pounds :) I look at myself and I am at a weight that i was for years!! So I am asking myself the same question! I have no idea what I will look like weighing less than I am now! And to make it worse my doctor has my goal weight at 138-140... WOW I probably weighed that in the 5th grade!haha! I can NOT imagine what I will look like at that weight!!! I cant wait!!!!!!!!!! BTW Your feet will shrink... I was up to a size 9.5 and I bought a pair of size 7's yesterday WOW haha

I know the feeling! I am 10 months out from surgery! I have lost a total of 64 pounds :) I look at myself and I am at a weight that i was for years!! So I am asking myself the same question! I have no idea what I will look like weighing less than I am now! And to make it worse my doctor has my goal weight at 138-140... WOW I probably weighed that in the 5th grade!haha! I can NOT imagine what I will look like at that weight!!! I cant wait!!!!!!!!!! BTW Your feet will shrink... I was up to a size 9.5 and I bought a pair of size 7's yesterday WOW haha

I hope my feet will shrink! I am a size 9 and just bought 9.5 dress shoes for a friends wedding in October. I went a half size bigger because the reviews said the shoe runs small. I just got them today and my feet are crammed in the shoe. I'll have 5 months to lose weight so I hope my feet do shrink.

I have often wondered what I am going to look like. I dont have a goal weight in mind as much as I do a size. Currently I am in 18/20's and would like to be in 12-14's. Cant wait to see if my feet shrink. currenlty in a 9.5( so hard to find that size the jump from 9 to 10 WTH!) I wish I could fast forward time to one year from my surgery date may 20th just to get a glimpse of what I will look like.

Jennifer

I wonder about it as well. I've lost over 30 pounds already (from my heaviest) and people are like I see it in your face and here and there, me I don't see it at all BUT I also see myself everyday. I can't wait till about a year from now to see what I look like.

I hope my feet will shrink! I am a size 9 and just bought 9.5 dress shoes for a friends wedding in October. I went a half size bigger because the reviews said the shoe runs small. I just got them today and my feet are crammed in the shoe. I'll have 5 months to lose weight so I hope my

WOW ! ! ! Congratulations ! That is GRRRREAT !:party: Give yourself a pat on the back. You earned that...

This will help answer the question about weight loss. Have fun on your journey.

Shirley.

I cannot wait! It's like I'm rushing it because I have so much to lose. I have NEVER seen myself thin. I have ALWAYS been big (even though I used to think I was hot when I was 215). I could never get under 200, so that will be the 2nd big milestone right after getting to 248 (which is the weight I met my boyfirend at and a loss of 100 lbs.) I heard that your feet shrink, but I doubt mine will cause they're just big (I wear a 13)! Sometimes I say God cursed me, but it may be a blessing in disguise because I might be in the poorhouse if I could buy ANY shoe I wanted. Maybe I can go back to wearing 4 inch heels without worrying about when I will be able to take them off (since so much weight won't be on that skinny heel). Slow and steady wins the race, so in due time I will be able to see my new body and you will too!

I have never been thin either (My smallest size as a teenager was a 13) and I cannot wait to finally see the TRUE ME!

I would love for my arms and legs/feet to shrink. I want to be able to buy a cute pair of heels and actually be able to wear them.

And I have never been able to get into the single digit jean sizes so that is a definite goal of mine.

There are so many images running through my mind when I try to visualize myself being thin. I guess we will have to wait and see! :)

Good luck you guys :D

I don't know if any of you are as old as I am(52). I am getting my surgery date tomorrow 4/25 and what I am worried about is the excess skin. Especially from being older and having weak muscles to begin with from previous abdominal surgery. I am on medical assistance so I hope the healthcare reform doesnt take away my ability to have the skin removal. I have to lose about 180 lbs. My skin will turn into a skirt. LOL!

But the one thing that will be nice is to see a beautiful me in my clothes. Most of all to lose the chronic pain, have better blood sugars if any, no more blood clots in my leg , no more sleep apnea.and maybe no more PCOS. I am on 8 meds and want to lose most of them if I can. My hubby will just have to put up with the naked me if I am squishy. LOL!

I don't know if any of you are as old as I am(52). I am getting my surgery date tomorrow 4/25 and what I am worried about is the excess skin. Especially from being older and having weak muscles to begin with from previous abdominal surgery. I am on medical assistance so I hope the healthcare reform doesnt take away my ability to have the skin removal. I have to lose about 180 lbs. My skin will turn into a skirt. LOL!

But the one thing that will be nice is to see a beautiful me in my clothes. Most of all to lose the chronic pain, have better blood sugars if any, no more blood clots in my leg , no more sleep apnea.and maybe no more PCOS. I am on 8 meds and want to lose most of them if I can. My hubby will just have to put up with the naked me if I am squishy. LOL!

I am 56, so I know what you are talking about.