Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How does everyone feel about crystal light? Personally I love the stuff and I would drink it all the time… but due to the media every time I pour a packet in my water bottle or mix a batch up I always feel like I’m poisoning myself just a little bit! Ohhh I sound like such a yuppie! Why ohh why does media play the role of making me feel guilty!??! I have been on a kick to keep things natural or organic but crystal light is neither of those two! Don’t get me wrong I love the stuff; I just feel a little OCD on the topic. Does anyone have the same concerns? Is there a good study out there to ease my mind?

Honestly I do like Crystal Light but it worries me a little bit that if I get some on my hand or on the counter it stains it, what is it doing to my insides?!?! I also get a bad stomach ache from some of the flavors.

Well, I was not drinking it at all for about the first 7 months after surgery. I really just perferred plain Water. But I have started drinking 2 a day. It seems to curb my desire to have something sweet. I mean, I think it's ok but who knows, I have wondered that myself.

Nothing wrong with it. If you're too worried about it try using True Lemon, or lemon + Water + stevia. Or just drink your Water plain. You can try SF Torani/Da Vinci syrups as well.

I sometimes use Powerade Zero; half water half Powerade.< /p>

Honestly I do like Crystal Light but it worries me a little bit that if I get some on my hand or on the counter it stains it, what is it doing to my insides?!?! I also get a bad stomach ache from some of the flavors.

So raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, red wine, and anything else with a color in it are bad too? LOL! Crazy.

Maybe you don't do well with artificial sweeteners.

Per the original post, I drink it everyday, as do millions of people. Drink up and stop being so paranoid :D

I use it all the time (well wylers light but basically the same thing). The only time I drink plain Water is when I am working put

If it wasn't for putting crystal light in my Water, I think it would have been harder to cut the sodas. I also get more Water in because I like the taste so much.

Julia

So raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, red wine, and anything else with a color in it are bad too? LOL! Crazy.

Maybe you don't do well with artificial sweeteners.

Per the original post, I drink it everyday, as do millions of people. Drink up and stop being so paranoid :D

I must agree w/this post. I've been drinking 2/day for last 1 1/2 yrs. No problems. "Just do it."

I have the exact same feelings as you. I quit artificial sweeteners over a year ago but when I had my surgery I decided to drink Crystal Light because I really wanted to have some flavour in my Water. I actually haven't heard anything in the media about it but I'm in Canada so maybe that's why. I really like the Vitamin waters with 10 calories because they are sweetened with stevia but unfortunately they cost $2 a bottle here so I only get about 4 per week. I would eventually like to get off the Crystal light because of the sweetener but for now I figure getting liquid into me to help my weight loss is more important. I know exactly how you feel though, I kind of cringe everytime I make myself one.

I really enjoy Crystal Light Lemonade flavor. I add some lemons to a gallon jug and drink up. I share with family and friends, everyone seems to enjoy it. Karen

I like it. I think you'd have to drink a whole whole lot of it to have detrimental effects.

I make it by the pitcher and drink it every so often, but it's not an everyday thing. I Water it down a lot too-- the suggested power-to-water ratio is too strong for me!

I drink Crystal Light every day too. It really helps get the Water down which is the most important thing right now. I enjoy the sweet flavor which does help with the sweet tooth too. Crystal Light makes a different product that has no artificial sweeteners, flavors or preservatives. If you're really concerned, try that. It's called Pure Fitness and comes in Grape, Lemon Lime and strawberry Kiwi. It's got a few more calories (30 per bottle), but it might be worth it to you.

Like I said I drink it a lot by I also Water it down. My taste has changed since I've been drinking it. I started with the individual packets that say mix with 16.9 oz. Then it got to sweet so I changed it to 20 oz, then 24, now I mix it in 32 oz, for the individual and the large packets in a little more than a gallon