Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Three Weeks Out and Counting

Hi there!

I am 12 days post op. I feel terrific. I also had a hiatal hernia repair when the band was taken care of. I saw my doctor last Thursday and he put me on mushies straight away. I see him again 5/30th to determine if I want a fill or not. He told me to ensure I was eating regular food for a good 2 weeks by then so they can guage how much restriction I have and how I am feeling. He also reminded me that because the amount of weight needed to come off of me (about 80 pounds) that I should expect it will come off slower than if I had to take of 150 or more. He said the closer you get to where you want the slower it comes off. He said I can reasonable expect a weight loss of about a pound per week. He also told me not everyone will need a fill, some people do just fine with the band itself. Everyone reacts differently to it and the things they tell us are averages. It does not necessarily mean these things will be the same for me.

My incisions are still a little sore and I still have some gas in my left shoulder, some times so excruciating I cannot move the arm, but that didnt start until midway last week. I am looking forward to an all solid diet. I figure in the next week or so I will still eating at least 1 meal that way and see how I am doing. So far the things I have eaten are just fine.

HEY,

So my names Laura im 19 and 3weeks post op. its going ok, so far. I live in NZ so im probibly a long way from most of you. im in my 2nd year at university, thats ok to (lots of assignments).

But im on mushies at the moment one more week then solid foods YAY.

so i just wanted to know whats going with people at this stage, im not in any discomfort anymore. im actually feeling pretty good im kinda feeling hungry all the time though well not all the time but once i eat its not long untill im hungry again. its strange.

ANYWAY i want to know whats up with other people.

well im 4 weeks today and my appt to see the doc was changed to next thursday cos he was sick today but its ok cos it means it gives me a bit more time to get used to solids. i also feel like i can eat way more then i should. how much can you guys eat in like 1/2 and hour? im trying to slow down it used to take me 10-15 min to eat maybe like a cup of mashed potato but im trying to stretch it out to 20-30 min. yea i need to lose around 55kg i think thats around like 100pounds or soming not to sure.in 6 weeks ive lost about 6kg not to sure what that is in pounds but i weigh 106kg atm. i did my measurement about an hour ago, in six weeks i've lost 7.5cm off my waist and 7.5cm of my thigh( i havent been measuring both just the left but i would assume they would be pretty similar). anyway i've lost some more off my arms, neck, calf, bust etc.. but i dont have them in front of me so cant remember. i never really had any gas pain after about the 3rd day and my incisions havent hurt really since about two weeks out which i think ive been lucky with. My surgeon puts a bit of Fluid in the band when he puts in so i alredy have some in but i think i need a fill so i'll get my first fill next thursday.

Hey! I'm 13 days post op and I feel great! I'm supposed to be on full liquids but yesterday I slipped up and ate A LOT of regular food...( chicken flautas rice Beans sour cream and hit sauce) I felt terrible mentally but physically everything went down and I still felt fine. I have my post op appt tomorrow so I will see what's up! Keep up the good work and good luck with your weight loss!

I am 16 days post op and have been able to eat regular food, I also had chicken tacos with rice and a little bit of peach cobbler but that was all I had all day along with my morning Protein Shake. I got stuck a little when I first started eating and had some sliming but it was fine after that. Like you said mostly emotional guilt.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches