Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Interesting observation

bread is evil.

I had a piece of toast yesterday morning and some this morning also. I was supposed to try bread this week.

Not only did it make me uncomfortable - not PBing uncomfy, but really tight in the chest, and not only did I not enjoy it like I thought I would (have been dreaming of toast) but suddenly yesterday and today came the return of my old raging appetite for crappy carbohydrates. Yesterday I ate biscuits and today I have been pacing the house avoiding eating them. There's been biscuits (cookies) in the cupboard for weeks and weeks and I've never given them athought, suddenly they're calling to me.

I really think its starting my day with a fastly digested low GI carb. I've felt so much better with fewer carbs in my diet and the only grain foods I eat are good wholesome unprocessed ones. I thought it was stress that led me to my little pig out yesterday but now I think given that I've felt the same today, it's a result of eating bread.

I shall avoid it like the plague from now on.

Sorry to hear that. I was banded 9/05 no problem eating any type of bread. Had my 2nd fill 12/30 now I can not eat bread either, I dont pb but there is a slight pain in my chest on a lil bite. I will try again on a pc of toast instead of just bread and see what happens, if it does it again bread will be cut out of my life.

I'm just going to bid it adieu I think. I havent really missed it at all anyway.

I havent given up carbs but I just dont need white processed ones. Interestingly too the minute I've started introducing more refined Cereal, crackers, Pasta etc my weight loss has slowed markedly too. I think I'll save those things for the occasional treat and stick with the Proteins, fruit and veg. I was running just fine on oatmeal for Breakfast and Protein and veg for my other meals.

I dont think you need to be a carb nazi necessarily, counting grams of this or that, but I've never cut them out to this extent and the difference when I started eating them again has been marked.

It's been a year and 1 month since I had bread, although, the other day, I did have a flour tortilla, a quesadilla, loaded with grilled peppers and onions, I ate two slices, it was so good, but no bread, I hate that tight feeling that feels like I just swallowed a golf ball.

Oh how I miss bread but I can't even LOOk at it or it starts making my chest all tight and uncomfortable.

It's amazing to me too since I could never give up while doing Atkins or South Beach. But now since it causes such physical pain, I'm so over it!

Actually I'm not sure whether it's carbs per se or just wheat. I do fine with other carbs - Pasta, Ryvitas, dont seem to make me crave more. They suit me fine. But the bread, WHOA. Maybe I'm sensitive to wheat and just never knew it.