Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do tighter clothes make it harder for you to eat?

Here's my question for all of you, do any of you have issues eating when wearing tighter clothing? Or issues just in general? I bought one of those "skinny" tank undershirts-you know the kind, the ones that smooth you out. I've discovered that if I'm wearing clothes that are a little bit tighter, I have issues. I can barely eat if I'm earing it, or any type of pants with an elastic wasteband. I wore the skinny tank, and after a couple hours, I had to take it off. It ended up making me feel nauseus. I think it has something to do with the loose skin and fat being pressed in where it's not any longer. Any one else experiencing something similar?

I wear a lot of under armor shirts and I feel that way , when I have them on and I eat I feel full longer , really like stuffed , until I take it off

What an interesting question! I've never tried one of those but I could see how it would be strange to have everything all pushed in against your tummy.

I have noticed the same thing. When I dress up I wear this midsection undergarment to hold in my muffintop. I cant eat at all when I wear it and even have to drink slow. Sometimes thats a good thing. LOL.

I have noticed if I wear jeans that are tight around the waist that I have problems eating. I haven't tried any of the tight under garmets yet.

TIght jeans, yes. Relief is often in the form of an undone jeans button, perhaps accompanied by a short walk or "stretching" in the restaurant booth.

I sometimes wear Spanx and do not notice any problem with them, but I wear the "Higher Power" ones that come up to my bra.

Typically it's only a problem when something cuts into my stomach area.

I've also found that pants that are loose-like falling down loose- can cause issues depending on how i''m sitting. I can sit at a table fine, but once I switch sitting positions, for example sitting in teh car after dinner, I have issues. I can go out to eat, eat an appropriate amount and be fine, but once I sit in the car, because the way my seat is I guess, My pants always shift and press into my stomach. Grrr.

For me, it's bras. I feel fine when I'm not wearing one, but when I am, I feel like someone tied a band around me to get me to throw up. My mom took me to Cacique to buy me a new bra to Celebrate 50 pounds (my bras were way to big for me). I was fitted for it, but I've only worn it twice because it makes me ill.

Not that I've noticed, but all my jeans are pretty low rise, so they dont dig into my stomach. However, whilst my clothes fit, I rarely wear anything I'd call "tight".

But for what its worth, I always feel sick if I wear any kind of control garment, I cannot bear them. I hate that suffociating feeling of being pulled in like they do, but I dont like tight clothes either. I marvel at women who say they wear Spanx every day because I loathe wearing anything like that, it makes me feel hot and sick.

There is no way I cold wear Spanx everyday. I only wear my control tanks if whatever shirt or dress I'm wearing is too form fitting. I tend to wear ribbed cotton tanks, or shirts that cover my sag. Because of the way my stomache hangs though, I can't get away with low-rise pants. Yet.

There is no way I cold wear Spanx everyday. I only wear my control tanks if whatever shirt or dress I'm wearing is too form fitting. I tend to wear ribbed cotton tanks, or shirts that cover my sag. Because of the way my stomache hangs though, I can't get away with low-rise pants. Yet.

That's funny. I don't wear them every day, but I could. Once they're on I don't really notice them at all. I'm tall, and high waisted, and pear-shaped. That's a really hard combination to fit properly in slacks. If I don't have them tailored, the Spanx are a great alternative because they keep the inseam from going up my butt. Pants riding up the butt is a horrible look.