Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Felix Spiegel Anyone Used Him?

I am getting banded on 11/2/07 by Dr. Spiegel and I could not be more excited. When my insurance approved me, I only had to wait 2 weeks for my surgery date. He is a great doctor and I would have waited longer just to use him if I would have had to.

Congrats!! I wish you all the luck and hope you do well. The staff is awesome so if you have any question's or concerns give them a call. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

I am considering Lap Band Surgery and live in the Houston Area. I attended a seminar given by Dr. Speigel and had a consult with him as well. I am right on the border for being acandidate but want to do this before my weight gets completely out of control. I will be self pay and have been struggling with Mexico vs. US but have decided to stay int the states has anyone had experience with this Dr Spiegel?

Dr. Speigel performed my procedure this past May. Both he and the University General Hospital performed at the highest of standards. I am not doing well with my weight loss, but that has nothing to do with the Doctor. I was a self-pay and consider Dr. Speigel to be "top-notch".

Hammer

I was banded by Dr. Spiegel 10/26/2007. He was great. I haven't had any problems what so ever. I took advantage of the 11,900.00 special that is offered thru Jan 1.

I was banded by him on 11/2 and I am so happy with my results. I weighed this morning and I have lost 27 lbs!!!!

The doctor is wonderful!

I second and third the motion for Dr. Spivak. Dr. Spiegel is supposed to be an excellent surgeon, however the aftercare and organization of his office is less than to be desired. That seems to be a concensus. It is imperative that you have outstanding aftercare. Dr. Spivak did my band in May. I had considered Spiegel, but heard so much negative about the aftercare (his bedside manner is non-existant as well, I understand....which is not an issue for some people). Just my two cents. I think you will find a lot of folks agree with me.

Dr Speigel did my surgery and as a surgeon I had no complaints. But after my band eroded he was absolutely sure to let me know it was my fault and not his. Other things I have read suggest that theres no way you can tell if it was the surgeon or y our own non complaince that caused the mess up. But he did another surgery and replaced my band so im waiting to see how it turns out.

NOw on aftercare, He should stick to surgery and let other drs do his follow ups.He is always in a hurry and you have about 30 seconds to ask any questions when y ou go for follow ups. And yes Dr. Speigel is h is own advertisement. I live in La. and He has commercials advertising how he is the best in the U.S.A. I didnt do enough research before my band and I can tell you that as a self pay. I called one week, they told me to go to a paid siminar and the following week I had the surgery. No preop , no psyche or nutrition evals. Just a bunch of papers to read.

I dont know if id go to him again. The price was within my limits and his so called being the best in the usa made me pick him so id have to find another one inmy price range and with good credentials.

funny thing is that I needed one with the best rep since i was a self pay in case of complications and i still ended up with complications