Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any february bandsters out there?

Hi Everyone! I was banded on 2/25 in Hagerstown, MD. I am down 13 pounds since surgery. the first week was hard emotionally, but it has gotten better. I am still on full liquids, but am counting down the few days left until mushies (yeah!). I do some excercise (walk away the pounds DVDor if its nice out I just walk). All in all I am feeling good. My next appt (my first fill is 4/7).

Glad to hear everyone is doing so well!

I went to my fist Post Op appointment today! It was great. They say I am healing beautifully and that my port feels good and I am going back on 3/29/11 for my first fill! AWSOME cant wait. Hope it gives me a little bit more full feeling. Things havnt been bad though. I finally moving to the mushies and cant wait! If I see another can of broth (untill my fill LOL) Im ganna scream! HEHE. Well just dropping in for update. CONGRATS TO ALL YOU FEB BANDSTERS!!!

I was banded on Feb 28th and feel GREAT!! I just had my forst follow up appointment and aside from a little pain at my belly button incision I am doing great. Down 26lbs so far, but 10 were from the 6 month supervised diet then 10 on my 2 week pre op diet and 6lbs lost since surgery. I am now moved to soft foods which is so much better because the thought and even the word pureed makes me want to barf!

Ready to start kicking Fat's ass and get some cardio in. Way to go Feb bandsters!! Keep on keepin on!:D

Hi gorgeous banders!

Everyone is doing great! Keep up the great work!

I am down 28 lbs since starting the pre-op diet and was banded Feb 9.

I workout every day & carry food with me all the time so I make the right choices. I plan my meals all the time & dream up new recipes. My favourite night time snack is fat/sugar free chocolate pudding with a bit of Protein powder. Cottage cheese & fruit are my saviours during the day and Protein Bars for emergencies.

The earthquake was horrific! We had a tsunami warning here in Vancouver. I was glued to the TV from

I go for my first fill on March 23 & my clinic has also launched a WLS group so I am attended that too. I went to one local at one of the hospital and found it good.

Everyone have a great weekend!

Hugs,

Kristi

Hi everyone!!! I was banded February 16th in Modesto CA, down 21lbs and I feel great! I wont have my 1st fill untill the end of the month, I'm scared but looking forward to it.

Good luch everyone...

Patti

I was banded on Feb 25 th in Kansas City. I am down 20 lbs including three day preop diet. Have been at a standstill for the last 5 days and getting frustrated. Eating and drinking what is allowed. Maybe will get started with excercise. I am hitting the gym Monday. Feeling great though. Only discomfort the first 3 days. Incision still alitte sore but healing well. So looking forward to my new way of life!!!!!!:)

I was banded on Feb 25 th in Kansas City. I am down 20 lbs including three day preop diet. Have been at a standstill for the last 5 days and getting frustrated. Eating and drinking what is allowed. Maybe will get started with excercise. I am hitting the gym Monday. Feeling great though. Only discomfort the first 3 days. Incision still alitte sore but healing well. So looking forward to my new way of life!!!!!!:)

Hey guy,

I was banded Feb. 16th in Virginia. I am down 21lbs. Feeling like this is a great start. Ready to start on regular foods and hit the gym! Ready for this weight to come off!!!

Hello Fellow Banders! Just found the site a couple of days ago. I was banded on Feb 21st. I am down 20 lbs since banding. My road has been a little rocky. In the last couple of weeks my stomach area has become very uncomfortable and eating was painful. I hadn't even had a fill yet. They had to reschedule my appointment, so at the appt this week I explained my discomfort and "tears rolling" they deflated my band and said I possibly had my band slip. I had a barium swallow study on thurday and no call on friday so I assume that no news is good news. My stomach is tender and I have no appetite. Stress has been horrible. My sister was very sick when I got the band in feb and passed away last week so my attention has been elsewhere. I don't want to loose my band but this is really uncomfortable. Anyone with any ideas? Thanks Carla

Hi Feb Banders!

How is everyone doing? I have been sick so I couldn't work out last week. That is the key for me to get the scale moving! Cardio & weights!

I still have to slow down when eating. I have been venturing out and have been stuck. Last night 2 bites and worst sticking episode and got sick for the first time. Still learning!

Have a great Easter all!

Cheers,

Kristi

Hey Feb banders. I was banded Feb 28th down 24 lbs since ....its taking every ounce of will power not to hog it up....only one fill so far. I hope to get some relief soon. Go for fill #2 5/11 and it can't come soon enough. Anyone else feel similar?

Anyone else feel similar?

I did (banded 2/15/11) - then I got my second fill.:blink:

Before my second fill i though this was kinda easy and weight loss, while slow, was amost automatic --- if you did as you were told. I could eat everything I wanted. Hamburgers, salad, rice, dry chicken........I was grateful for how easy it had all been for me.

NOW - I am too tight to eat first thing in the morning. I am "Urping" and throwing up -- more in this week than since my surgery..... Forget bread, no dry meat, the new law is SMALL bites, CHEWING till liquification, and SLOW EATING. Each swallow now needs time to clear the stoma.

The nurse said this is completely normal and expected and DESIRABLE.

It is honestly hard to eat. Nurse said to be careful not to take the easy way out and eat softer high calorie foods.

It has been a RUDE awakening.

Hi Everyone, I was banded on February 17th in Tampa FL and am currently down 40lbs. Had my second fill this Monday and now have 4.5cc's in a 10cc band. I am definetly feeling restricted now. When I drink I can definetely feel the liquid going down. Are any of you experiencing this. It doesn't really hurt it just feels really really weird and I can only sip on liquids now.

I TOTALLY understand what you are saying. I just got my second fill this week and I to am feeling the same way. Somewhat in shock. I am hoping that it gets better!

I did (banded 2/15/11) - then I got my second fill.:blink:

Before my second fill i though this was kinda easy and weight loss, while slow, was amost automatic --- if you did as you were told. I could eat everything I wanted. Hamburgers, salad, rice, dry chicken........I was grateful for how easy it had all been for me.

NOW - I am too tight to eat first thing in the morning. I am "Urping" and throwing up -- more in this week than since my surgery..... Forget bread, no dry meat, the new law is SMALL bites, CHEWING till liquification, and SLOW EATING. Each swallow now needs time to clear the stoma.

The nurse said this is completely normal and expected and DESIRABLE.

It is honestly hard to eat. Nurse said to be careful not to take the easy way out and eat softer high calorie foods.

It has been a RUDE awakening.

pzeadow - so true! I have slowed down my eating but have to slow it down even more. I had a major sticking episode this week. I have more of them since my last fill which brought me up to 5 CC's. I am not counting between bites and slowing down as much as possible. Good luck all! Happy Easter!

Cheers,

Kristi