Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

At 9.5 cc's in 10 cc band. No restriction :(

I'm trying to stay positive.... I mean I'm really TRYING hard to stay positive, but it is so hard. So now I'm up to 9.5 cc's and no restriction. I'm really hungry, in fact I feel as if there is no band. I can eat anything, no issues. I am finding it increasingly difficult to not eat myself into an oblivion. So far it's calorie counting, and battling that constant, nagging hunger, the last thing I want is to regain any of the weight that I have lost. My biggest fear is never getting that restriction. I have to wait another month until I get another fill, and quite frankly I'm running out of room in my band. I'm feeling overwhelmed by feelings of failure and that maybe I'm that person who this will not work for. Most of the time I try not to think like that, but since this last fill not changing anything, it's getting harder and harder to feel good about this process. Anyone else out there been through this?

I'm trying to stay positive.... I mean I'm really TRYING hard to stay positive, but it is so hard. So now I'm up to 9.5 cc's and no restriction. I'm really hungry, in fact I feel as if there is no band.

Hey Scoobie.

I hear you on soooo many levels. I just got restriction after 11 or 12 fills. I am at 8.25cc' in a 9cc realize band. I was so frustrated each time I went in, only to come out feeling like I hadnt been there at all. I would lose a little and gain a little, and so on and so on. Same ole same ole until my last fill, Finally I got restriction. I was at the same place you are right now and thought there was no way I was ever going to get it. This last one was a wake up call. I had reverted to old habits, eating too fast not chewing my food well enough. Eating stuff I shouldnt have been eating. Probably due to alot of frustration too. WELL ive stopped all that or I suffer with the consequences.

Questions? Does your Doc take out all the saline to make sure its still there? Is the Doc DEFINATELY hitting the port? I always knew because when the needle came out I would feel a little tug at the end of it. Has your Doc checkd to make sure your band is still buckled properly? What band do you have, lap or relaize? I hope you hit the jackpot like I did, its very frustrating to get this far and still not have any restriction? What are you eating for foods? No sliders right? They go right through you.

Solid Protein,,,and enough to fill you up? Probably questions you have already answered , just asking. Let me kow how you do. I hated being so close to FULL and not getting the sweet spot.

B

Hi

thx for reading and replying :)

hmmm, I hope the nurse is hitting the port. This last time she did take 3 attempts at it because it seems to be flipped in it's side a bit, but then she said "yes, ok there we go" so I'm assuming she got it. I sure hope so.

I don't have a Realize or Lap brand. Mine was done in Canada, I'm not 100% sure the brand off hand, but I'm

positive it isn't either of those.

What do you mean by buckled? I haven't seen that term before?

I think Im doing really well with my eating and the

nutritionist says I'm doing great with my food choices. I talk to him once a month and share a weeks worth of a food diary with him. Being diligent about my protien and keeping my carbs to a minimum. Staying away from sliders for sure (even though I want to eat everything in sight including my own arm at this point ). The nagging hunger is what gets to me most. I feel like the "old" me again, thinking about food 24/7 because my tummy is always growling and I start

feeling ravenous.

I'm glad you reached your sweet spot!! That's awesome. You know how I feel, thanks so much for responding :)

Hi,

Glad your still working it and eating well.:)

When the band goes in, its looks like a long tube, once its in there they snap it together to make a little circle around you stomach. Ive only heard of it rarely coming apart.

My doc, has never had to look for my port, but its also not turned or flipped. It lays flat, and is very easy to feel under my skin. I was lucky my weight was very well distributed through my body and I actualy had a relativley flat fat tummy, if that makes sense,lol. I couldnt imagine having them having to look for it. Im wondering if the nurse has ever missed? It does happen. Does she take all the saline out before she pushes the new saline in. My doc puts the needle in, withdraws all the saline, checks the amount and pushes the whole lot right back in. She doesnt have to take the needle out to do this and it only adds a few more seconds to the whole thing.

It took me more than a year before I got to restriction. It was frustrating and a long process. But my doc would only do small fills every 6 weeks. ONce I reached restriction in the 2nd week of January this year, I lost 14 pounds in the past month! I had my band put in in september of 09! I am finally 199 and 47 pounds down :D .

Hang in there. Also ask your nurse or Doc, why its taking so long and double chekc the amount in your band. Its so simple to pull it into the syringe and confirm whats in there.

B

No she doesn't take it out to check the amount. I will definitely ask her to do that, very good idea! The port is definitely easy to find, but it is flipped on it's side it seems.

Your success gives me hope. Thanks so much for the encouragement and advice, I soooo need it right now.

:)

I would have her check to see how much is in there. this fall I didnt have any restriction so in my 14 cc band they said I had 13 cc and come to find out only had like 6... so noww i have like 7 and now I am losing weight!! dont give up! I was going to give up cause I was a year out but now I am not!!!

Thanks happiness, I agree. This isn't something that has been tried yet. When they let me do my next fill in 4 wks I'm going to ask for that to be done.