Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When will the weight come off?

I have a 12cc band on and currently have 9cc's in it. BTW- I'm a FEMALE!!!!!! This is really alot of Fluid from what I've been told! I ride a stationary bike for 30 mins 3x per week, my food intake is certainly less, but here I am almost a year post-op having lost a mere 15# AND I seem to like to gain 5, lose 5, gain 5 lose 5. I drink the 64oz. of Water required by my doctor, my food choices are healthy, I take my Protein Shakes (90mg Protein for my build per my nutritionist), my Vitamins, etc.

I am feeling like this just isn't working for me. Does anyone have any thoughts on why I haven't lost hardly anything? I am due for another adjustment in about 2 weeks and I would assume I'll be up to 10cc's full by then.

What are you eating? Calories? Carbs?

What are you eating? Calories? Carbs?

coffee in the a.m. (splenda and milk), lunch is usually whatever I can throw together but usually 98% fat-free turkey lunch meat slices rolled around swiss cheese (3-4), then whatever I make for dinner. I usually grill meat or bake it- I never fry. My Protein is where my nutritionist wants it (based on the fitday program that keeps track of everything and carbs are a bit below Protein intake) and I'm burning more calories than I am taking in so it just doesn't make sense to me at all.

coffee in the a.m. (splenda and milk), lunch is usually whatever I can throw together but usually 98% fat-free turkey lunch meat slices rolled around swiss cheese (3-4), then whatever I make for dinner. I usually grill meat or bake it- I never fry. My Protein is where my nutritionist wants it (based on the fitday program that keeps track of everything and carbs are a bit below Protein intake) and I'm burning more calories than I am taking in so it just doesn't make sense to me at all.

I'd say you're not eating enough honestly.

You need to eat more...

You need Breakfast !!!!

During my weight lost phase kept my calories between 800-1200 and vaired them daily..

On the exercise - every few weeks you need to up the intensity & time.. During weight loss phase I exercised 5 x week - hr max - Today I still exercise 4 x week 1 hr

I really think you need to log your food - guestimating isn't always a good idea in the weight loss phase especially if you aren't losing...

have you considered adding in weight training? or interval training? change up the exercise and maybe it will jump start and keep weight loss going.

I found with me doing just cardio didn't help me lose weight. I do not have the band yet but thought if you tried it for 2 weeks you might see a difference? Worth a shot.

I agree with indigogirl! Keep a food record, even for a couple weeks to see just how many calories you are getting (you might be surprised!) and have breakfast! Even if it's a late Breakfast because you are tight in the morning, have something to get your metabolism going. Good luck to you, hope things start moving for you soon.

I agree with indigogirl! Keep a food record, even for a couple weeks to see just how many calories you are getting (you might be surprised!) and have breakfast! Even if it's a late breakfast because you are tight in the morning, have something to get your metabolism going. Good luck to you, hope things start moving for you soon.

Thank you all for your advice!

I've NEVER been a bfast eater so this is really hard for me! I had a banana this morning so I will call that bfast! I am not a big egg eater and I know that is more along the lines of what I should be eating! When my pullets start to lay I will start eating them- I don't like store bought eggs- AT ALL!!!

I started yesterday on fitday.com and am logging my food. I hope all of this helps. I will increase my workout to 4 days. I have a VERY hard time increasing my intensity as I have exercise induced asthma and my lungs burn and sting and I can hardly breathe when I overdue it so I'm trying not to overdue things. I AM getting exercise, though.

I will get back to ya'll in a few days to let you know how things are going! Thank you all again!!!!!

I was banded 1/20/11 and have lost 17.5 pounds.. I followed the liquid diet and am now on soft foods, i drink a Protein Shake for breakfast, i ate tuna with nonfat mayo and mustard topped with a slice of swiss cheese for lunch, and last night i had orange chicken (about 3 - 4 pieces) and some sliced mango for dinner. I am eating MUCH less than ever, and the weight just falls off. I am not exercising as much as i should, although i do try to to walk more.

I was banded 1/20/11 and have lost 17.5 pounds.. I followed the liquid diet and am now on soft foods, i drink a Protein shake for breakfast, i ate tuna with nonfat mayo and mustard topped with a slice of swiss cheese for lunch, and last night i had orange chicken (about 3 - 4 pieces) and some sliced mango for dinner. I am eating MUCH less than ever, and the weight just falls off. I am not exercising as much as i should, although i do try to to walk more.

That's great! My friend lost weight like this too. My portion sizes are much smaller but still not as small as they should be. I lost more than 20# after my surgery but because I need alot of restriction and my Doctor likes to take it slow, I gained 10# back. So I will be in for another adjustment which will bring me up to 10cc's (my friend that lost all the weight only has 6cc's in hers). T

This is the beauty of the lapband- it can be tailored to each person's need. . .I obviously need more restriction than most.

Good luck to you.

That's great! My friend lost weight like this too. My portion sizes are much smaller but still not as small as they should be. I lost more than 20# after my surgery but because I need alot of restriction and my Doctor likes to take it slow, I gained 10# back. So I will be in for another adjustment which will bring me up to 10cc's (my friend that lost all the weight only has 6cc's in hers). T

This is the beauty of the lapband- it can be tailored to each person's need. . .I obviously need more restriction than most.

Good luck to you.

Holding Steady @ 242 but clothes are getting very loose and I have energy in abundance so something is happening. . . .

If you can't add intensity try adding one or two additional workouts that are the same...or increase your time on those three days to 45 minutes. That will help, as will adding any strength training you can...you don't have to go to a gym for this, it can be an exercise ball and resistance bands but it does help to build the muscle. It can be as simple as crunches and leg lifts, pilates, yoga etc. You can even find free programs on early morning TV for these. You might need to switch it up a bit so you don't get bored too.

Like Indiogirl said, you are probably not eating enough if that was a typical example of what you normally eat in a day. What I can tell you is that whenever my calories drop below 6-700 I don't lose at all regardless of my Protein intake...so make those tweaks. banana for breakfast is good....so is yogurt, or oatmeal. I have never been a breakfast eater either...my coffee was always my bfast...now I still have my coffee but 10 min later I have a yogurt and that works for me. :) I am just coming out of the post op liquids and I got so bored with the shakes that my caliries dipped really low. Once I started a few mushies and bumped my calories up over 800 BAM...losing again. There is something to it for sure.

Hang in there. Even when you don't see major changes on the outside often there are big changes happening on the inside.

Very best wishes to you for your continues success. :)

donnalemaster, keep it up! even though your scale is holding, you aren't gaining and you've noticed that your clothing is loose as well as your energy level. Indigo girl and nu2ywg I think have the right starting advice. Keep a food and exercise log. Mix up your exercise to your tolerance. I wish you the best of luck!

By the sounds of it - you are doing great!!! =)

Perhaps you are eating more than you are really aware, is that possible?? I go through spells like this and the way I correct it is by writing down everything I eat for a while and that is when I become aware of "Oh yeah I ate that or this." So logging your food might help you out.

Everyone is different so even though you are at 9cc you still might not be at your sweet spot.....maybe you should continue to get fills!

Good Luck!

Yea it sounds to me like you aren't eating enough.....I would talk to your doctor/nutritionist and see what they think. It could be after another fill you start losing, you never know.....that sweet spot is different for everyone. I know folks who had to have their band completely full, others who only needed one small fill....so you just have to keep at it until you can find the right spot. But I would be sure to change up your diet - expecially if you are working out you want to make sure you are getting enough. It is a balancing act we have to play with until we get there!

Hang in there!

Kim