Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Did I Gain??? UGG!!!

Okay yesterday did good as I have not cheated now in 2 wks today. Up until last night I had lost 11 lbs. Yea Baby. Today woke up drank about 4 cups coffee. Around 10:30 had my Protein Shake with my normal 1/2 banana and 1 tsp. p.nut butter. Went to movies with family ate (took my own stuff) 1 cup cashews and drank 16 oz flavored water. Went to late afternoon lunch ate 1 Atkins bar with Water, while my family ate the house down. Came home and my tummy went into a spasm. And I hit the toilet (lol) for about 30 min. I thought my lord i have just lost 10 lbs. (wishful thinking). Anyway, when i got my business done I got on the scale (i think we all do this). Bam the scale gave me a big shock. I have gained 4 lbs. how. I have been losing consistently and now i gained 4 lbs from yesterday. What the heck. What did I do. Help. I am so lost for words. I know today's eating was not good at all but based upon the movies and dinner with family I did not cheat, I did not eat anything that would have caused me to gain 4 lbs.

It may just be Fluid retention....you had a fair amount of sodium. 1 cup of cashews seems like a lot.......one serving of almonds is only 16 almonds.....

And my own personal statement, no offense intended.......you can't cheat on life......we are not on a diet anymore...this is life. Just the way I see it. If I think I am cheating, then it implies I am doing something I can stop.....well...this is forever.....no cheating for me......if I want something, I make it work.

Jackie

Yea, a serving of nuts, 1oz is 150 or so calories. A cup is 8oz.... what helps me I buy those 100 calorie packs of nuts :)

Also I would eat real food.. chicken, veggies... what you ate isn't very nutritious.. All you ate all day is nuts and an Atkins bar? Haha.

I know its kinda hard to stay off the scale but they differ especially if they are electronic ones with each step plus you could be about to start your period. I am trying to implement a rule for a weight in day I weigh do measurements and write it in my book. Done for a week. otherwise it is going to drive me insane. Seems like you had a sensible day healthy choices Not sure about the amounts but be proud you made the effort to make good choices and please don't be a scalewhore Like me tongue.gif

First question, did you weigh yourself in the afternoon? I only weigh myself in the morning; and never after I've eaten.

There is about 750 cal in a cup of Cashews so not a great choice.

I really like to use the Wii Fit because it charts your weight for you and you can set goals as well. It really helps to see it graphed out! The best part is it does all the work for you :D

I know the nuts were not a good meal, but it was better than i did last month. eat a whole bucket of buttery popcorn and tea. anyway i weigh at night i use do it helps me to know how my eating has been for the day. and no i do not have period anymore. i have no clue, thinking maybe salt did it to me. going to weigh in the morning and go get some Water pills.< /p>

Okay yesterday did good as I have not cheated now in 2 wks today. Up until last night I had lost 11 lbs. Yea Baby. Today woke up drank about 4 cups coffee. Around 10:30 had my Protein shake with my normal 1/2 banana and 1 tsp. p.nut butter. Went to movies with family ate (took my own stuff) 1 cup cashews and drank 16 oz flavored Water. Went to late afternoon lunch ate 1 Atkins bar with Water, while my family ate the house down. Came home and my tummy went into a spasm. And I hit the toilet (lol) for about 30 min. I thought my lord i have just lost 10 lbs. (wishful thinking). Anyway, when i got my business done I got on the scale (i think we all do this). Bam the scale gave me a big shock. I have gained 4 lbs. how. I have been losing consistently and now i gained 4 lbs from yesterday. What the heck. What did I do. Help. I am so lost for words. I know today's eating was not good at all but based upon the movies and dinner with family I did not cheat, I did not eat anything that would have caused me to gain 4 lbs.

It's most likely water - stay off the scale - weigh in once a week on the same day

FYI 1 cup of dry roasted cashews 755 cal -

Nutrition Facts Serving Size 1 cup of roasted Amount Per Serving Calories from Fat 559 Calories 755 % Daily Values* Total Fat 62.1g 96% Saturated Fat 11.021g 55% Polyunsaturated Fat 11.11g Monounsaturated Fat 33.7g Cholesterol 0mg 0% Sodium 400mg 17% Potassium 822mg Total Carbohydrate 39.21g 13% Dietary Fiber 4.3g 17% Sugars 6.51g Protein 21.89g

I know the nuts were not a good meal, but it was better than i did last month. eat a whole bucket of buttery popcorn and tea. anyway i weigh at night i use do it helps me to know how my eating has been for the day. and no i do not have period anymore. i have no clue, thinking maybe salt did it to me. going to weigh in the morning and go get some Water pills.

Water pills - diet pills - diets - don't work - it's only playing games w/yourself. Just like pple who take laxatives - it's not about trying to fix the problem by artificial means after the fact.. Drink plenty of water tomorrow - flush your system

You could have taken your own popcorn - it takes 3500 cal to gain a pound.. You didn't eat 3500 cal - so you really didn't gain a pound - it's the salt..

Next time you go to the show - take your own popcorn - or buy a small popcorn and don't add any butter

You did not eat nutritious food. If you are still "cheating" that is why u gained. I agree with the other person that said you are not on a diet anymore. 4 cups of coffee is not a good choice either. Caffeine is an appetite stimulant! So basically you reved up your metabolism, fed it sodium and fat (cashews), followed by carbs and possibly sugared Water only to find urself probably still hungry and heavier.

Protein first then foods that have the four main Vitamins in them. Also no drinking your calories or 30 mins before or after eating. Sounds like u have some fine tuning to do.

Yea eat real food! This isn't a diet, you gotta eat this way forever. Make sure it's good :D I know occasionally things happen and you can't. But I try to have a regular, nutritious, Protein rich Breakfast, lunch and dinner every day.

You did not eat nutritious food. If you are still "cheating" that is why u gained. I agree with the other person that said you are not on a diet anymore. 4 cups of coffee is not a good choice either. Caffeine is an appetite stimulant! So basically you reved up your metabolism, fed it sodium and fat (cashews), followed by carbs and possibly sugared Water only to find urself probably still hungry and heavier.

Protein first then foods that have the four main Vitamins in them. Also no drinking your calories or 30 mins before or after eating. Sounds like u have some fine tuning to do.

Actually caffeine is an appetite supressent.that's why diet pills are loaded with it!

Caffeine can dehydrate you though...that's why we are recommended not to drink it.

As far as the.op....try taking veggies or even almonds next time....or get a small popcorn with no butter. Popcorn is my favorite snack!

Also don't weigh yourself every day! It will really start to mess with your head (i know from experience!)

If you gain 4 pounds in one day, then it's not 'fat'...it's Water weight. As others have said, it was most likely the nuts unless you bought salt free. Weigh yourself the same time every day and then stay off the scale. Don't *expect* daily losses. This is not a bypass.

Watch your calories. You may have felt like you ate hardly anything, but what you did eat was pretty high in calories. I agree with Heather...popcorn (no butter) is my favorite snack. Filling and low calorie. I buy those single serving microwave bags so I'm not tempted to eat more than I should.

Thank you all for the supportive words. I was really thinking what the heck. It is a new day and I am ready. Yes def no more cashews ever, dang them nuts. (LOL). The popcorn is a good idea. I should have been more prepared. You live and learn. This is my life and it is a journey to greater things.

Thank you all for the supportive words. I was really thinking what the heck. It is a new day and I am ready. Yes def no more cashews ever, dang them nuts. (LOL). The popcorn is a good idea. I should have been more prepared. You live and learn. This is my life and it is a journey to greater things.

I think everyone hit most of the points i would've suggested. I would only add, don't discount the nuts completely, (they have the good fat/oil) just make a healthier choice as a snack and make sure you weigh it & stick to it if you really want them. Not something you want all the time but nothing wrong as a snack now & then.

Good luck.