Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm New Here!

Hello!;-)

My name is Denika Menis, and I live in Hiddenite, North Carolina. I am 32 years old, and I was banded on July 26, 2005. Dr. Bauman in Concord did my surgery. He is wonderful! I have lost around 50 pounds, give or take a few.

I am so happy to have found this wonderful place! (I THINK that I attached my picture. I'm not sure!)

Denika

DenikaMenis.bmp

Hi, and Welcome!

We have a great group of people here in NC. I hope you will join us at our next meeting I think it's around the 18th in the University area.

Denika - I am so glad you came here....It's a lot of fun and the girls are crazy. :P Our next meeting is Jan 28th @ Friday in the University area off WT Harris Blvd...Hope you can make it.

Well now, aren't you just so pretty! Welcome to LBT! Jump on in here and join the group! The Charlotte girls have lots of fun. Have you seen our picture thread? Where is Hiddenite? WTG on 50 pounds, that's great! I haven't lost that much yet and I was banded in April! Good job! Let's see, what more can I ask?...just kidding! Good to have you! You should come to TGIFridays with us on the 28th. It's a fun relaxing Saturday lunch. We all look forward to it! Hope to meet you there in person!

Welcome aboard! I too hope you can join us for lunch in January! Awesome progress!

Welcome to LBT Denika!!! Looks like you are off and running with success. 50 pounds is great!!!! Keep up the good work and come visit us hear real often!!!!

Welcome aboard Denika! Dr. B did my surgery as well. He is also getting ready to take my wonderful Gallbladder out (that thing is killing me) :). I had mine done in June and I have lost 50 pounds as well. I am stuck and cant seem to get more going. I need to get this exercising thing going. Congrats on your 50 pounds, keep up the great work. It sure does make you feel better doesnt it? I go to see Dr. B on Friday, when do you go see Diane again? I love the nutritionist program. I see her Friday as well. But I think I lost maybe a pound over the holidays. :) Let me know if you need anything and please come to Friday's on the 28th, we are a hoot I gotta tell ya! :P

Angie

Hi Denika! I am from Hickory- so we're not too far apart. D. B did my surgery too. I am a newbie- 12/20 was my day. I'm planning on going to the lunch too for the first time. Hope I get to meet you there.

Congrats on such a great weight loss!

Wow! Thank you to EVERYBODY that welcomed me here! Let me just say that I did not know my picture was gonna be that BIG! Good grief! I'm sorry about that.

I am still trying to figure out to maneuver around this site! I'm sure I'll get the hang of it pretty soon, but please bear with me until then.

I will definitely try to be there on the 28th! That sounds like fun! The only thing that may keep me from coming is that my son's birthday is on the 31st, (mine's on the 30th, but we won't talk about that) and we may be having his party that day. If I don't get to come, I will be there for the next one.

KATHY-No, I haven't seen the picture thread, but Kim told me about it. How do I find it? Oh, and thank you for the nice compliment. I sure don't feel that way!

Thank you so much everybody! I can already tell that I'm gonna like it here!

Denika www.cleftadvocate.org/ff0404Jamie.html

You are from Hickory?! That's where I'm orginally from! I went to St. Stephens and Lenoir-Rhyne. Where do live in Hickory?

Denika

Denika Just wanted to give you a belated welcome, and hope you can make the 28th lunch. These ladies are alot of fun and great for the motivation. Dr. Bauman also did my surgery in September.

Melissa

Denika...I knew you would like this place. It's great. Everyone here is wonderful.

I just read the site about your son. What a story. You have been through so much. I also have a child born with a birth defect. It's called an imperforate anus part of VATER. I have actually just found a lady here locally that I can talk with and there hasn't been much support. Well my family and we have a great surgeon here. Aren't kids just amazing. Curtis just had a surgery on Dec 7th and I hoping it will be his last for a while. I know it's not over. Bless you for being such a strong and caring mother. Your beauty is not only on the outside but on the in. I too was on clomid for the PCOS it worked for us thank goodness, but I can only wonder if that is what caused or help contribute to Curtis defects. He has brough such joy to our lives that his little road bumps are just that bumps we have to overcome.

I truly can't wait to meet you....

Actually, I live in Granite Falls. What a small world! So glad to meet you.

I have family in Granite Falls. Hutto is the last night. Not sure where abouts they live though. (my grandfathers nephew)