Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was just wondering if anyone has any regret about having this surgery? I was banded on the 10th (Yay one week ago!) I have had a lot of time to think the last few days and I’m just wondering if everyone would do it again or if they would do it differently? I know the first few days I think I really regretted what I did to my body (I was just emotionally in the dumps!) now one week after surgery I’m down 13lbs granted I have been on the wonderful liquid diet but I feel hopeful. Anyways I know this surgery isn’t perfect and it’s not for everyone … so I was wondering if there are people out there that are willing to share if they would do it again or maybe if they would have done something else…

I was just done on the 14th and I definitely have moments of, "what did I do?" I have to remind myself that this is for my health. I was already eating well and exercising but ate too much. And too much of healthy foods is still too much.

What I'm missing most is the thought that I won't be able to eat as much, which is exactly why I did this. To eat less. I used to sit and eat five veggie tacos in a sitting. Sure it was only 550 calories but still, five tacos is ridiculous.

I believe reminding myself will help but damn it I am starving right now!!!

I've only had my band 5 weeks today, so I may even regret saying this, but so far the only thing I would have done different is that I would have gotten it done much sooner. I feel so cheated of my 20s, I spent all of them struggling to lose weight to just feel normal and to fit in when I should have been enjoying my life. All I really did was lose and gain, lose and gain only to end up packing on another 110lbs in 10 years. It's just so depressing even thinking about it.

But for once I am hopeful for the future. I've lost 17 pounds since surgery and 28 pounds total since the beginning of this journey, and I never would have done that without the band. For the first time ever I feel like it's possible to lose this weight. The best part about this, if unfortunately it really doesn't work for me in the long run, I can get it removed. And well, maybe I won't be able to eat certain things for a while, or maybe never again, but who cares, my happiness and life are more important than pizza or french fries.. So I really have nothing to regret since surgery, so far.

I've only had my band 5 weeks today, so I may even regret saying this, but so far the only thing I would have done different is that I would have gotten it done much sooner. I feel so cheated of my 20s, I spent all of them struggling to lose weight to just feel normal and to fit in when I should have been enjoying my life. All I really did was lose and gain, lose and gain only to end up packing on another 110lbs in 10 years. It's just so depressing even thinking about it.

But for once I am hopeful for the future. I've lost 17 pounds since surgery and 28 pounds total since the beginning of this journey, and I never would have done that without the band. For the first time ever I feel like it's possible to lose this weight. The best part about this, if unfortunately it really doesn't work for me in the long run, I can get it removed. And well, maybe I won't be able to eat certain things for a while, or maybe never again, but who cares, my happiness and life are more important than pizza or french fries.. So I really have nothing to regret since surgery, so far.

Victoria-- I'm 50, put the weight on in my 20's, too. Be glad you got this done now! I've wasted 20 more years being fat than you! Can't wait to get banded!!

I was banded on July 30th...I have lost 55 lbs and feel soooooo much better!!! I had a tough time the first couple of weeks....and was in alot of pain, went through bandster hell for 2 months but I never once regretted my decision OR thought why did I do this. The only feelings I really have had was frustration (when going through bandster hell), scared when I thought for a minute this might not work for me and finally happiness...happy that this band is working for me and Im actually doing it and putting in the work and having the drive to keep going when I thought I didnt have it in me. I struggled with my weight for so long and I was so tired of being over weight and having food, eating and dieting consume my life!! this is definitly not for everyone! It is alot harder and requires alot more self discipline that I expected. I read alot about this surgery but I honestly feel no one can really be ready until they have it done and experience it themselves. No regrets here!!!

Victoria-- I'm 50, put the weight on in my 20's, too. Be glad you got this done now! I've wasted 20 more years being fat than you! Can't wait to get banded!!

I am glad that I did it now, sometimes I just wish I was ready to do this 5 years ago. The time comes for each us when we know we are ready for this, some sooner than later. The only thing that matters now is what we do from today on.

Good luck to you Carol!

3 years ago I first heard about the band. I poo poo'd the idea thinking I was stong enough... I didnt need surgery. This as I started my 3rd time @ Jenny Craig. I lost 60 lbs then my mother, grandmother and grandson died with in 5 months of each other. I lost interest in the "diet" and resumed eating without thinking. I gain every pound back in 2 years!

I happend to read an article about a golfer who lost 100 pounds with the band and started my research. I found this to be a viable tool to not only lose the weight but to keep it off. So now I am losing but I believe when I reach my goal I will finally be able to keep it off.

I like that you asked this question for a few reasons.

It made me think! The day I was going in for surgery I was laying in the waiting room with my hubby and mom! My mom asked "Mandy, are you sure this is what you want"? Do you know for a minute I doubted myself....and really what if I was making a mistake! I tell you the first few days after surgery I felt like I made a huge mistake! But now I feel so good about the decision for LapBand Surgery I would recommend it to anyone who struggles the way I did!...

And what would have happend if I got to the hopsital, juat about to go in for surgery and changed my mind! Just walk out of there the way I went in and I would have enjoy a 3 week vaca! LOL

I don't regret it! I just wish I was ready (mentally) to do this sooner!

Good luck on your journey

My only regret is not doing it sooner...but, honestly, I don't know if I would have been ready to do it sooner. By the time I had my surgery, I was in a very good place mentally and I think that has made the whole banding process so much easier.

No regrets here! Though I am pretty young I know I needed to get hold of my weight quick. 245lbs @ 18 is NOT healthy. Thanks to my band and the realization of what it means to eat right and the importance of exercise I have lost 100lbs+ in 8 months! I definitely never imagined being below a size 20 let alone a size 6 and possibly smaller! So, no, no regrets at all.

No regrets at all. You know, to be honest, if I never lose another pound, I still wouldn't regret this band because it has taken away the constant hunger I used to deal with.

I had banded on 1/12/11. I went through those faults right before the surgery. I have questioned myself each day afterwards. I think about food all of the time. I think that after I get through the liquid diet, things will be easier. I wish you luck.

I was just wondering if anyone has any regret about having this surgery? I was banded on the 10th (Yay one week ago!) I have had a lot of time to think the last few days and I'm just wondering if everyone would do it again or if they would do it differently? I know the first few days I think I really regretted what I did to my body (I was just emotionally in the dumps!) now one week after surgery I'm down 13lbs granted I have been on the wonderful liquid diet but I feel hopeful. Anyways I know this surgery isn't perfect and it's not for everyone … so I was wondering if there are people out there that are willing to share if they would do it again or maybe if they would have done something else…

i was banded on the 11th. (6 days ago)

i lay in theatre while they hooked me up to this and that thinking ...what the hell are you doing. honestly i felt like up and running there and then with my gown flapping open behind me. i was so scared and just i think had they not knowed me out i would have been gone.

when i woke up in recovery so sore and feeling rotten i immediately regreted it. its a sore op to have. but by even 11 that night i was starting to feel a bit better.

there were 6 of us having the op the same day and we all woke up with regrets. the surgeon met us all the next day and said "right about now you are all having regrets, don't worry about that it it's normal and will pass. You are right now suffering the a surgical hangover. you're sore tired and some may still feel sick." he went on to say once the initial pain goes and you start seeing the weight coming off you'll be happy you did it.

already my regrets are going. I wish i was one of those people who could lose weight and keep it off but i'm not. i'll lose the weight and it comes back with more. This is my way of keeping my weight off long enough to getinto a proper eating routine. lose the weight and keep it off.

my bloods sugar is already starting to rise and my spec says if i don't lose wgt i'll have diabetes soon and once you are down that road....its the more serious things like heart disease..

I can't even say health alone though. I have not felt good about myself in a long time. I hate the way i look.I have no confidence. when i go out i feel everyone is looking at me thinking how big i am. if i could get my confidence back and feel better and healthier inmyself i think that alone will be worth it

xx

I was banded on October 1, 2010 and had my first adjustment today, I have lost 43 lbs. I have no regrets whatsoever, I am just Praising God for Medical Science. I have gone off of my blood pressure medication and also my diabetes meds, Thank God, Don't worry just take one day at a time and when you start seeing results, you will feel so mch better.

I was banded June 9. The best decision I ever made. I had one regret after the surgery because I had a few complications the week following the surgery but that was because I had an add on surgery with the lapband and it caused to much swelling. I have lost 87 pounds and feel so much better, I wish I would have done this earlier. :rolleyes: