Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What does your daily menu look like?

Hello,

I'm 4 weeks out from surgery. I initially lost weight because of the liquids, then gained a few pounds back over the holidays. I now have a 5cc fill in an 11 cc band and am still hungry. More importantly, I'm going off of mushies and onto "regular food" this week. Since I 'm re-learning, i really don't know what to eat. It sounds stupid, I know, but I'm not much of a cook (I live in New York and usually go out or pick up). For the mushies I'm eating tons of hummus, o% sugar free yogurt, fat free cottage cheese, scrambled eggs. When I move to 'regular food', I'm just not sure what an average day should look like. I desperately want to be losing weight. I would love to see what kinds of things you eat during the day and in the evening. Thanks for your help.

Hello,

I'm 4 weeks out from surgery. I initially lost weight because of the liquids, then gained a few pounds back over the holidays. I now have a 5cc fill in an 11 cc band and am still hungry. More importantly, I'm going off of mushies and onto "regular food" this week. Since I 'm re-learning, i really don't know what to eat. It sounds stupid, I know, but I'm not much of a cook (I live in New York and usually go out or pick up). For the mushies I'm eating tons of hummus, o% sugar free yogurt, fat free cottage cheese, scrambled eggs. When I move to 'regular food', I'm just not sure what an average day should look like. I desperately want to be losing weight. I would love to see what kinds of things you eat during the day and in the evening. Thanks for your help.

Didn't your doc give you any nutritional advice/menu

We are to eat healthy - Low Fat - Limited Sugar - Limited Carbs

Always eat Protein 1st..

BF - Greek Yogurt & fruit - or Egg Beater w/a little ham & cheese - or Steel Cut oatmeal - or a piece of meat

or a pt shake w/fruit

lunch - salad w/protein - or meat & Veggie

dinner - Fish/Meat/Chicken - Veggies &/or salad - 1/4 c rice

Snacks - 100 cal popcorn - Yogurt - SF Fudgesicles - SF puddings

THANK YOU, THIS IS GREAT!

Didn't your doc give you any nutritional advice/menu

We are to eat healthy - Low Fat - Limited Sugar - Limited Carbs

Always eat Protein 1st..

BF - Greek Yogurt & fruit - or Egg Beater w/a little ham & cheese - or Steel Cut oatmeal - or a piece of meat

or a pt shake w/fruit

lunch - salad w/protein - or meat & Veggie

dinner - Fish/Meat/Chicken - Veggies &/or salad - 1/4 c rice

Snacks - 100 cal popcorn - Yogurt - SF Fudgesicles - SF puddings

I do Atkins so my diet is roughly 60% fat, 30% Protein and less than 30gm carb per day. A typical day looks like this:

B: 2 eggs cooked in .2 oz butter, 2-3 sl bacon (works out to 1 oz cooked)

L: 3 oz Protein, 1/2 c. low carb vegies (green Beans, broccoli, etc.)

D: 3 oz protein, 1/ c. low carb vegies or 1 cup salad, 1/4 c. rice, Beans or potatoes

I don't get fancy with my eating. My vegies are steamed and my Proteins are broiled, roasted or pan fried in a bit of olive oil. I use parmesan cheese or a bit of butter on my vegies and real full fat salad dressings.< /p>

And I do low fat because of gall bladder issues (and I do NOT want another surgery):

Most days brkfst is Steelcut Oatmeal with chopped apples and 1 turkey sausage link

about 10 or 11 am I have a Protein drink or skim milk after working out

1 to 2pm lunch is 3oz Protein & 1/2 cup veggies. Yesterday was smoked salmon (chicken of the sea), 1oz of weight watcher's cream cheese, 3 crisp & light wasa crackers and 10 baby carrots.

If I need something to tide me over, I'll have a snack around 3 or 4.. generally high protein, low cal. cheese stick & apple, low carb yogurt, 90 cal cottage cheese, etc.

6 to 7pm: supper, again 3oz protein 1/2 cup veggies. Last night was baked chicken and whole okra.

I try not to eat after supper, usually fail. :( If I do eat, I keep it low cal & light. 100 cal popcorn, a container of cottage cheese, 100 cal. almonds, etc.

I am not much of a cook either. I eat perdue perfect portion chicken breast- they are a "perfect portion" and come individually wrapped. I just throw the bag in the freezer and take one out at a time. I also pan fry fish with oldbay seasoning- I like catfish. Although not one of my faves I eat tuna once in a while. I also eat marinated lean port loin. They come in several flavors. You just bake it in the oven. I also like hormell canned chili, although I cut that out when I reduced my carb intake. Now that I am maintaining I eat it again. For Snacks I like nuts, lowfat cheese sticks, beef jerkey, fruit, cottage cheese, greek yougurt. Hope this helps and best of luck to you! Just remember, high protien, low carb and low fat.

Mine varies from day to day but usually goes something like this:

Early morning snack: 1/2 cup fruit or a low carb Protein bar (Atkins have become my favorites)

Breakfast: eggs whites, turkey sausage, turkey bacon, sometimes a little fruit

Lunch: 4oz of dense Protein (chicken, turkey, or fish) with some sort of vegetable (1/4 cup)

Snack: Anything really. Usually fruit or a low carb/low fat crepe with fruit

Dinner: chicken with a salad.

I stick around 900-1000 calories a day. No more than 40 carbs and no more than 50g of fat.

I don't cook much either but I've learned the joy of cooking in bulk and portioning out/freezing my meals.

This is one of my days of food... Or to generalize it, Maybe 3 meals, 300 calories or less each, then 1 or 2 Snacks 100 calories or less. This is "soft" foods, haven't ventured into solids yet, (gotta go shopping, but i'm sure this will work)

1/4 Cup Egg Beaters (30 cal, 6 protein)

1/2 serving 2% mexican blend cheese (40 cal, 3.5 protein)

1 tbsp Salsa Verde (5 cal, 0 protein)

1 packet oatmeal (120 cal, 4 protein)

1 tsp of Brown Sugar (15 cal, 0 protein)

(I made oatmeal because i realized 1 serving of egg beaters was way to small! and I really like breakfast)

1/2 cup Fresh & Easy Cranberry chicken salad (~180 cal, 11 protein)

5 Water crackers (90 cal, 2 protein)

"Taco Salad"

1/2 Cup Ground extra lean ground turkey (120 cal, 26 protein)

2 tbsp Salsa Verde (10 cal, 0 protein)

1 serving 2% mexican blend cheese (80 cal, 7 protein)

1 tbsp lite sour cream (40 cal, 2 protein)

1 whole grain taco shell smashed (55 cal , 2 protein)

(then I broiled the top if you were curious ahha, or i'll do that with mozzarella and Pasta sauce)

Later I had more "taco salad" with less stuff

1/2 Cup Ground extra lean ground turkey (120 cal, 26 protein)

2 tbsp Salsa Verde (10 cal, 0 protein)

1/2 serving 2% mexican blend cheese (40 cal, 3.5 protein)

1 tbsp lite sour cream (40 cal, 2 protein)

995 calories, 63 protien

40 minutes of cardio burned about ~300+ calories

Hey Ross,

Listen to them. Their menus sound good. I never have much hunger so I eat weird. I have 2 big cups of coffee for Breakfast. About 4:00 pm I will eat a Protein bar. About 7:00 pm I will have either tacos or taco salad for dinner. Sometimes part of all of low carb Protein shake before working out.

When I was first starting out like you I ate eggs for Breakfast and a measured out 3/4 cup amount of chicken salad with eggs, FF mayo and eat the same for dinner. The rest of time is drinking all that Water.

I tend to pick something I like and stick with it. I did chicken salad for 7 months straight. I bought big cans of white chicken meat at Sam's (Costco) and made enough for the whole week so I did not have to think about food just get my bowl out and fill it up and that was it.

I have been considering getting a juicer because I hate vegetables except the bad ones. So I thought I could drink my veggies. I do best when I do very low carb NOT no carb but low carb. I also eat low carb yogurt love it!

Cheri

THANK YOU SO MUCH, THIS IS GREAT rolleyes.gif

This is one of my days of food... Or to generalize it, Maybe 3 meals, 300 calories or less each, then 1 or 2 Snacks 100 calories or less. This is "soft" foods, haven't ventured into solids yet, (gotta go shopping, but i'm sure this will work)

1/4 Cup Egg Beaters (30 cal, 6 protein) 1/2 serving 2% mexican blend cheese (40 cal, 3.5 protein) 1 tbsp Salsa Verde (5 cal, 0 protein) 1 packet oatmeal (120 cal, 4 protein) 1 tsp of Brown Sugar (15 cal, 0 protein) (I made oatmeal because i realized 1 serving of egg beaters was way to small! and I really like breakfast) 1/2 cup Fresh & Easy Cranberry chicken salad (~180 cal, 11 protein) 5 Water crackers (90 cal, 2 protein) "Taco Salad" 1/2 Cup Ground extra lean ground turkey (120 cal, 26 protein) 2 tbsp Salsa Verde (10 cal, 0 protein) 1 serving 2% mexican blend cheese (80 cal, 7 protein) 1 tbsp lite sour cream (40 cal, 2 protein) 1 whole grain taco shell smashed (55 cal , 2 protein) (then I broiled the top if you were curious ahha, or i'll do that with mozzarella and Pasta sauce) Later I had more "taco salad" with less stuff 1/2 Cup Ground extra lean ground turkey (120 cal, 26 protein) 2 tbsp Salsa Verde (10 cal, 0 protein) 1/2 serving 2% mexican blend cheese (40 cal, 3.5 protein) 1 tbsp lite sour cream (40 cal, 2 protein) 995 calories, 63 protien 40 minutes of cardio burned about ~300+ calories

Thanks, Cheri! You're the best. It's all a bit confusing. I'm trying to just eat light and when I want to snack I have hummus or 0% sugar free greek yogurt. Oh, what a journey. I just want to lose, lose, lose, but I know I have to be patient. I think I started to feel my fill last night for the first time - I felt full and had some back pain from eating too fast (something I'm working on). But I'm still very very hungry, so I'm looking forward to finding what they call the "sweet spot" in my band.

Hey Ross,

Listen to them. Their menus sound good. I never have much hunger so I eat weird. I have 2 big cups of coffee for Breakfast. About 4:00 pm I will eat a Protein bar. About 7:00 pm I will have either tacos or taco salad for dinner. Sometimes part of all of low carb Protein shake before working out.

When I was first starting out like you I ate eggs for breakfast and a measured out 3/4 cup amount of chicken salad with eggs, FF mayo and eat the same for dinner. The rest of time is drinking all that Water.

I tend to pick something I like and stick with it. I did chicken salad for 7 months straight. I bought big cans of white chicken meat at Sam's (Costco) and made enough for the whole week so I did not have to think about food just get my bowl out and fill it up and that was it.

I have been considering getting a juicer because I hate vegetables except the bad ones. So I thought I could drink my veggies. I do best when I do very low carb NOT no carb but low carb. I also eat low carb yogurt love it!

Cheri