Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Member, Too!

Hi All,

First of all.. THANK YOU for all your posts on this board. I have been reading for about a month now while I've been going through all of my testing. It's been really informative and has helped answer many, many questions I had. I feel like I already know many of you! Thank you again!

I am Kim from Keller, TX - Username Kim_8 - get it? Kim-Ate? :) Ok, so it wasn't that funny! I am 37 years old, happily married with 2 teenage girls. The 2 girls rival my weight battle for my life's biggest challenges! My company has an exclusion on this surgery on our insurance - so I'm a self-pay - ouch! I think it will be worth it though - I'd sure rather have this than a new car!

I have never been so excited! I am scheduled to be banded on Jan 12th, 2006 by Dr. Benevides in Dallas. I just went for my last test and started my 2 week liquid diet today, so I consider it official now and have decided to "chime in". I have tried every diet ever dreamed up - and of course have lost - but always gained back PLUS a few extra pounds just to encourage me to try yet another diet :-). So, like many of you have said - I look forward to a lifestyle change - feeling full??? I can't even imagine :cheeky .

I look forward to talking with all of you! I am so proud of everyone on this board! I read all the comments (ups & downs, too), and all of the words of wisdom and encouragement from those who have been there before... I love the weight loss pictures - brings a tear to my eye - I'm just so happy for you guys! Now I get to be one of you! Best wishes to you all. Have a GREAT new year!

Hi Kim, Love your usuername!! I just wanted to welcome you to LBT!!

Congratulations on your upcoming surgery. It is a very exciting time isn't it? Well except for the 2 week liquid diet. Not everyone has to do it but I was also one of the "lucky ones" who had to go through that H*#@! The time does go pretty fast so hang in there and think of the end results!!

Again Welcome!!

Welcome to LBT! I'm from Grand Prairie so we always welcome another Texan, and believe me we have a lot of them on here!:) Love your name! You day will be here before you know it, so get ready. Get some of your liquids in so you will have it there when you get home. Don't for get the popcicles, they really helped me!

Betty & Terri - Thanks for the nice welcome! Ok, so it's day one of liquids and we have all this candy sitting around the house from Christmas - so I fed some to the dog, and put the rest in the trash and then had to pour ketchup over it to keep me from digging it out of the trash! So back to my computer I go to take my mind off the ketchup covered chocolate in my garbage can. Wouldn't think that was all that tempting --- but it sure sounds good :-). Kidding. I'm doing ok. Thanks for the advice on the popsicles!

Kim good luck on your upcoming surgery. I am one week post op today and was banded by Dr. Benevides as well. He is awesome and he has not had one erosion which really put my mind at ease:) You picked a great doctor.

Karla

Karla & Teresa - Thank you! Karla - nice to know someone who went to Benevides as well. I've heard nothing but good things so far! I'll keep tabs on you to see how you're doing! Do you guys miss anything terribly so far? Any regrets? The only really disgusting thing right now for me is the Myocel shake - gag me. I'm experimenting with it to see if I can make it any better! You guys are doing great so far! 12 lbs each! Congrats!

Hi Kim welcome to LBT:)

Congrats on your upcoming surgery

i feel sorry for you having to do the pre liquied diet:(

i didnt have to do it, and to tell you the truth i wouldnv been able to do it

goodluck with it all

Kim i know all about the myocel and no matter what you mix with it still taste nasty. I just kept telling myself only for a few weeks. I didnt use it after surgery I switched to the Atkins which taste much better. I just couldnt do the myocel anymore. Keep me posted on how you are doing. I go in for my first fill on 1/18 so I am interested to see how that will go. My incisions are healing very well and I think i will have a very small hairline scars. Dr B did a great job, still a little sore around the port area but other than that I am feeling better every day. I started walking and feel great. Here is my email if you have any questions knsilva@swbell.net. Good Luck and let me know how surgery goes.

Karla:Bunny