Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting Frustrated!!!

Getting frustrated!!!

After being too tight for 1 month I got an unfill of .5 cc's now it seems like I have no restriction again! The scale is moving but in the wrong direction! I happen to be on my TOM so I know that, that has contributed to my gain but still it's discouraging to see a gain after all that I went through. I couldn't eat for 1 month lost 3 lbs but gained 4 back after getting an unfill/TOM!!!!

Why is it that others seem to lose so fast? I know I know dont compare myself to others, but they have got to be doing something right if they have lost 20-30 more lbs then me and we got banded in the same month.

I hate to say this but maybe I need a fill........I am scared to even go there after everything I went through. But I need something so anyone, everyone help a sista out send me your advise, meal plans and exercise routines anything that can help me lose and not gain.

I think you need to relax a bit and let your system adjust to the changes you've put it through. First you were too tight, and stressed out about that. Now you're too loose, and stressing about that. I know you're anxious, but come on, girl - take a breath! LOL! :D

Go on liquids for a couple days, and let your system calm down. Get past your TOM. Then evaluate EXACTLY what you're putting into your body, vs. what you're taking from it. Weight loss is a game of numbers. If you expend more than you take in, you WILL lose weight. It's a biological fact. If you don't get enough nutrition, your body will go into starvation mode, and you will retain or gain weight. Increase your Protein intake, increase your exercise output, and see if things don't settle down for you. I'll wager if you do that, the scale will start moving the other way.

Don't be rash with your behaviors. You didn't gain this weight overnight, and it won't come off overnight. But be smart about the overall process, and see if things don't improve for you.

Wishing you nothing but success and good luck!

Dave

I am here with you sister! My loss has been much slower than I expected and am wondering if I made the right choice. Even when I have been on strict diets and exercised 6/week I still barely lost anything.

I know I( have been bad the last 2 weeks because of the holidays and getting used to my son being deployed.

I only gave 5cc in a 14in band and just hope it will get better.

Getting frustrated!!!

After being too tight for 1 month I got an unfill of .5 cc's now it seems like I have no restriction again! The scale is moving but in the wrong direction! I happen to be on my TOM so I know that, that has contributed to my gain but still it's discouraging to see a gain after all that I went through. I couldn't eat for 1 month lost 3 lbs but gained 4 back after getting an unfill/TOM!!!!

Why is it that others seem to lose so fast? I know I know dont compare myself to others, but they have got to be doing something right if they have lost 20-30 more lbs then me and we got banded in the same month.

I hate to say this but maybe I need a fill........I am scared to even go there after everything I went through. But I need something so anyone, everyone help a sista out send me your advise, meal plans and exercise routines anything that can help me lose and not gain.

Hang in there! I was too tight, got .5 removed and then was able to have it put back in about 5 weeks later and it was fine for me - didn't make me too tight that time. I have now had a small .2 as of last week. I think I'm really at my sweet spot now. I lost 8 pounds in a month. Doc told me that as I continue to lose I may require very small fills (.1 or .2) to remain at the sweet spot. As we lose, the amount of fat around our stomachs (that everyone has) shrinks so small adjustments may be necessary. Being restricted is what it's all about! I also exercise pretty regularly. I am running about 10-12 miles per week. Getting ready to start upping my distance as I am going to do a 1/2 marathon in May. I am half-way to my goal weight. I set my goal a little on the higher side, so I may adjust it down a bit as I get closer. I am wearing all size 14's again and it feels fabulous!!! You will get there!

Getting frustrated!!!

I understand how you feel about getting an unfill and then feeling too loose. I had that happen this spring. I pushed through it by pushing extra Water and extra very low calorie fluids, popsicles and extra exercise. I know it's not easy, but it's doable. And if it's your TOM, it's likely not weight from fat you're seeing on the scale, but Water retention. Pushing fluids will actually help that. When we're dehydrated our bodies retain Fluid ... if we taken in enough, the body can let the extra go.

Take your measurements now and then again next month. When my weight loss is slow, sometimes I'm reshaping.

As to exercise, what do you do? Find something that you enjoy doing so you will stick with it. It can be anything from walking to biking to swimming (indoor pool this time of year I hope..lol) to going to a gym to squaredancing to zumba, etc., etc., etc. Anything that gets you up and moving. I exercise pretty intensely almost daily, but I worked up to that. About a year ago all I was doing for exercise was walking my dogs..

Hang in there...