Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Adam Goldstein, Voorhees, NJ ANY INPUT PLEASE???

Congrats! I have all appts. Scheduled....already had lab work and barrium swallow : / done. The more I get accomplished on my journey the more nervous I get....I keep second guessing myself...but @ 29 y/o and being overweight my entire adult life...trying every diet known to man...I hope this is what I need....what is ur pre op diet ??? I'm so glad I found someone else using dr goldstein : ) to relate to.

The pre op diet... Dr. Goldstein said full liquid diet the day before surgery... But I watched so many youtube videos and they all say do the two week liquid diet cause it helps with the surgery and recovery. so I am on day 3 of liquid diet, and its not that bad. My wonderful husband who is not fat at all is doing the Protein shakes with me.... I know how you feel about second guessing yourself I think a lot of us do I know I did and I still do.

Hi Jerseygirl,

I have gone through Dr. Goldstein, Dr. Diebler and Kelly. I honestly could not ask for a better team of people helping me with this journey! I started in June emailing Dr. Goldstein and he personally responded to all of my questions. I went to his seminar in July and had my first consult with him in September. It took me from Sept 10th till early November to complete everything. Dr. Dieblers meeting consisted of her asking some questions and me filling out a 300 question survey type test. I was meeting with Kelly about once a week she was covered by my insurance. She is great at what she does and helped me lose the 10lbs required by Dr.Goldstein prior to surgery and has given me so much information about post surgery. I'am scheduled for surgery December 6th which is this Monday. I am so happy with my decision to choose Dr. Goldstein. Please don't let the checklist overwhelm you. Once you get started everything seems to fly by. The thing that takes the longest is to receive sleep study results. If Dr. Goldstein recommended you to have a sleep study try and see a pulmonary Dr. and schedule one right away. I wish you all the luck with this journey and if you have any questions about Dr.Goldsteins program Id be happy to talk more!

-Rebecca

Hi Becca I hope all went well today. When you feel up to it let us know how it went and how you are feeling.

Hi Becca I hope all went well today. When you feel up to it let us know how it went and how you are feeling.

Hey everyone, Thanks for all of your well wishes! The surgery went great. I was in a little more pain than expected, but today is day 3 post op and Im feeling pretty good. The incisions haven't been giving me any problems, I can feel the tightness were the band is placed and the only real pain I had was from the gas pumped into my abdomen for the surgery. It gave me really bad back and shoulder pain, but with a few back rubs and lots of walking the gas dissipated yesterday and I am feeling pretty good.

@ Julians mom....that's awesome I'm so happy people are starting to respond. So where did u go for ur psych/nutrition eval?? I'm having such a hard time finding someone my insurance will cover. I have NJ direct they emailed me a 5 page list of docs for the psych/nutrition eval and the list was so outdated, most were wrong numbers and the ones I reached weren't taking new patients...uugghhhh. Oh well ill start my search again tomorrow. I know dr. Goldstein works out of virtua voorhees but does he do his procedures @ any other hospitals?? I live in Burlington but after the seminar I liked him so much I don't care about driving to Voorhees.. Thanks again for the reply. : )

Jamie

SO sorry--I just saw this now! I am an 'oldie', so I find the new arrangement of the board confusing LOL! I ended up going through the Fitsmart program in Voorhees, so all the psych and nutritional stuff was all done there. When I was going through the process, they hadn't yet started affiliation with other facilities for the psych and nutritional evals. Lots of luck to you!!!

@ Julians mom....thanks so much. I saw the nutritionist yesterday, it went really well. Wednesday is Psych and I'm just waiting for the scheduler @ the sleep apnea place to call me so we can schedule the test then I'm done with tests : ) any advice for the psych eval?? I'm kinda nervous I'll say something I shouldn't about food....like how much I LOVE it. But I'm soooo ready to change everything and do this. Tired of being fat and unhealthy. Any input is welcome. Thanks

@ Julians mom....thanks so much. I saw the nutritionist yesterday, it went really well. Wednesday is Psych and I'm just waiting for the scheduler @ the sleep apnea place to call me so we can schedule the test then I'm done with tests : ) any advice for the psych eval?? I'm kinda nervous I'll say something I shouldn't about food....like how much I LOVE it. But I'm soooo ready to change everything and do this. Tired of being fat and unhealthy. Any input is welcome. Thanks

To everyone that has used him are there any "hidden" fees for the 2 programs that he requires you to use?

thanks

Daelynn...funny you ask...I just had an appt with the nutritionist Kelly Burgess today she is great! My insurance covers me for 3 visits a year with her and I just paid my co pay. As for the pysch consult with dr. Deibler 499 flat fee and my insurance reimburses me for 80% after I submit receipts. That's it. Let me know if you need anymore details. I'm waiting for Eva, Dr. Goldsteins scheduler to call me with the inssurance approval hopefully...fingers crossed : )

Daelynn...funny you ask...I just had an appt with the nutritionist Kelly Burgess today she is great! My insurance covers me for 3 visits a year with her and I just paid my co pay. As for the pysch consult with dr. Deibler 499 flat fee and my insurance reimburses me for 80% after I submit receipts. That's it. Let me know if you need anymore details. I'm waiting for Eva, Dr. Goldsteins scheduler to call me with the inssurance approval hopefully...fingers crossed : )

Oh I hope that's the same for me! So are you doing the 3 mo program? I read somewhere that there is a free for the fit mart and other program that he requires you to go to. I read it used to be $1700 but is now $300? I have my appointment in 3 weeks. How far along are you in the process?

My insurance didn't require any time frame...just had to get all the testing and the two evals. When you go to the consult he'll give u a packet with a checklist as front page it tells u everything that needs to be done for him. I think in this thread I wrote down everything from the checklist....if not, anything u wanna know...just ask id be happy to let you know if I can. I got all my testing done and it was submitted to insurance 1/5/11 they say no more than two weeks to get an answer. And if and when they approve me I make appt to see dr. Goldstein and schedule the surgery : ) oh and don't get overwhelmed when u see the checklist. I was done everything in under 30 days...I had my mind made up! Good luck

My insurance didn't require any time frame...just had to get all the testing and the two evals. When you go to the consult he'll give u a packet with a checklist as front page it tells u everything that needs to be done for him. I think in this thread I wrote down everything from the checklist....if not, anything u wanna know...just ask id be happy to let you know if I can. I got all my testing done and it was submitted to insurance 1/5/11 they say no more than two weeks to get an answer. And if and when they approve me I make appt to see dr. Goldstein and schedule the surgery : ) oh and don't get overwhelmed when u see the checklist. I was done everything in under 30 days...I had my mind made up! Good luck

What insurance do you have? I have aetna. Im looikng to get it done in June. I'm going to Disney at the end of May and Idk how good would be for me to get it done a few weeks before Disney. Can you PM me a list of the things he wants done? I wonder if I get any of them done already.

Thanks

I have Horizon Nj direct. Yeah that sounds like it would be pretty rough...most docs have a pre op diet too. Not sure but another girl on this thread just had hers done like a month ago and she said it was only 24 hours liquid only diet with nothing after midnite...don't quote me tho...hopefully ill find out soon for myself. Other docs have liquid diet 2 weeks prior!!! : /

Jamie

I have Horizon Nj direct. Yeah that sounds like it would be pretty rough...most docs have a pre op diet too. Not sure but another girl on this thread just had hers done like a month ago and she said it was only 24 hours liquid only diet with nothing after midnite...don't quote me tho...hopefully ill find out soon for myself. Other docs have liquid diet 2 weeks prior!!! : /

Jamie

Thanks! my email is tammyhink@hotmail.com