Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

no nerves of steel here

I go next month on the 10th to meet with my surgeon that did my lapband. This time, I am meeting with him for a consult for a Tummy Tuck. I am so nervous. This is something I want so bad I can taste. The only thing is, I hate going under. I am always so scared that something is going to happen and I wont wake up from it. I've never had any troubles while under or coming out of it. Guess it's just one of those cold feet things everyone goes through. I have a wonderful, nice, and caring surgeon. I know he will take good care of me as he did when he placed the lapband. Still, I have the nerves problems.

Is there anyone out there that can maybe give me some advice? Anything to help with calming my nerves. I'd be very grateful!

You have the same fear as I do - I hate hate hate the thought of being 'put to sleep' like if I don't wake up and I could - I would be slapping myself for allowing this to happen (Maybe I am OCD lol - Ok I am) When I went down for my first surgery last April I - For the first time ever - Was completely calm. After all the worrying and sorting out my will and everything - Was more calm than I had ever been in my life! I was even joking with the anaesthetist. (About Marillion LOL) I don't know if it was because this time - It was something that I HAD to do - For me, for the first time - This was 100% for me, but I knew I had to do this because living feeling like a freak was a painful thing to always have to cover up because of the skin (Even tho my first surgery was arms and boobs, I guess I saw it as a journey and I saw a photo of my arm by my friends and it broke my heart)

When I went in for my TT it was the same - I was scared stiff of waking up in agony, but I knew that this was something I just HAD to do - To be able to ine the 'me' from the journey and get that one step further towards completion of the new 'Me'

I don't think there is any trick that will stop the nerves, having a great surgeon you can talk to - Even joke with is a good thing - I have complete faith in my surgeon who is a complete artist. The gift he has given me in my Arms/Boobs/TummyTuck is something that I cannot even put into words how thankful I am to him and his skill. I am a different woman to the first one he met about a year ago. I am a different person in so many ways, not that I have suddenly become vain or anything - But I think for the first time in my entire life - I am happy in my own skin (Bar a few things I still have yet to 'fix') And I am actually feeling less like an alien and more like a human now...

Good luck to you - I know you will be fine <3