Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

THis NEW improved (*) site

Sorry, I know its only been 4 days.... but I really don`t like this new format....

Sorry, I know its only been 4 days.... but I really don`t like this new format....

I hate it! I have been having sign-in problems. I have to re-register everytime. It's frustrating. I can't find my received and sent PM's.

I am not liking it much either.

I am not liking it much either.

I agree I had a hard time finding where everything was. I have not been able to do anything for days.

I just logged in for the first time in 4 days ...... don't like it...... will have to mess around with it a bit

I just logged in for the first time in 4 days ...... don't like it...... will have to mess around with it a bit

Could you log in under your username and password? I couldn't. It said either/or was invalid. I had to re-register with a different email address because when I used my email address it said "already in use" - YEAH, by me!!!

I posted this and Alex said to PM him and he would consolidate my two accounts. Hasn't happened and when I went to log in later today, the same thing happened. Plus I can't find my PM's. I hate this new format. Where can I turn for help and what do I do if I can't log in again?

I logged in ok....normal..... so far. But it notified me like you sent me a PM saying you just quoted me.

OK.....big deal, someone quoted me. Very strange. It is going to take some getting used to. I think some people may just give up and not use the site for awhile.

I am having trouble posting replys in general. I hit the "post" button and then just get a blank screen ........ well, did my post show up? Then I have to find the stupid thread again.

Stoopid stoopid site! I had a response typed out and tried the spell check and lost it!

Sheesh...I could log it, but kept getting a message that LBT was down for routine maintenance for 48 hours. That went on for about 3 days. It said I could not post. I could not see any new posts after 11-16.

I got a message today that someone had started a private conversation with me. It was a notification that I had been quoted. Yeah, sort-of nice to know, but don't really care. But if I turn the notifications off, will I then no longer get notification of private messages? I'd sure like to know when I get those!

I do like the idea of the spell checker though! If only it will alert people to the proper use of "losing weight" vs. "loosing weight"!

Cleo's Mom, I am betting Alex's PM inbox is raging full right now!

This is probably the WORST "upgrade" of a site I have seen in a LONG time.

One of the reasons people keep returning to a site is the "format familiarity" component...and they have entirely done away with that here.

They HAVE made more "real estate" available for advertising, that's for sure. And I certainly understand the need to generate SOME revenue to offset the costs of maintaining a site,,,,BUT.....this new format is pretty bad. Awful, I would go as far as to say.

S.

I logged in ok....normal..... so far. But it notified me like you sent me a PM saying you just quoted me.

OK.....big deal, someone quoted me. Very strange. It is going to take some getting used to. I think some people may just give up and not use the site for awhile.

I am having trouble posting replys in general. I hit the "post" button and then just get a blank screen ........ well, did my post show up? Then I have to find the stupid thread again.

I usually turn off my computer at night but I'm afraid I will have to log in again and have more problems. What if it doesn't let me use either email address? Then I'm out of luck and won't be able to log in unless I change my username or something. Plus since this site is seeing me as a new register I am coming up as a newbie. If this keeps happening and I can't get on, well, I guess that will be it for me. Unless I hear from Alex what to do.

I give the new site a big THUMBS DOWN. :angry:

Stoopid stoopid site! I had a response typed out and tried the spell check and lost it!

Sheesh...I could log it, but kept getting a message that LBT was down for routine maintenance for 48 hours. That went on for about 3 days. It said I could not post. I could not see any new posts after 11-16.

I got a message today that someone had started a private conversation with me. It was a notification that I had been quoted. Yeah, sort-of nice to know, but don't really care. But if I turn the notifications off, will I then no longer get notification of private messages? I'd sure like to know when I get those!

I do like the idea of the spell checker though! If only it will alert people to the proper use of "losing weight" vs. "loosing weight"!

Cleo's Mom, I am betting Alex's PM inbox is raging full right now!

I am sure Alex is overwhelmed. I guess I am the only one who had problems logging in with their username and password. But I hate everything about this site. Some of the forums that have lists are all jumbled together and I can't read them. And I still don't know where to go to see my received and sent PM's. I am ready to scream!!!

I'm not a fan of the new layout either, and I also noticed the increased ads. I love this site so I'm going to stick around, but I loved the old layout. It wasn't super fancy, but it was easy to navigate. Maybe we'll get used to it. When Facebook changes (constantly), I always think about how much I hate the new layout, but then I get used to it...we'll see!

There are without a doubt lots of glitches still getting worked out. I am a little concerned over the "Share This Topic" does it share the entire post straight to Twitter or Facebook or the others listed? That is not a good thing in my book. I LIKE having them separate! I do not want my opinions I share with friends here, posted to FB! I mean seriously even my MIL has a FB account! LOL

My screen tends to freeze when attempting to change font or size or italasize something....

Have no idea where my PMs are!

I am getting tons of PMS as a moderator with questions, and believe me, I am as in the dark as anyone!

There are without a doubt lots of glitches still getting worked out. I am a little concerned over the "Share This Topic" does it share the entire post straight to Twitter or Facebook or the others listed? That is not a good thing in my book. I LIKE having them separate! I do not want my opinions I share with friends here, posted to FB! I mean seriously even my MIL has a FB account! LOL

My screen tends to freeze when attempting to change font or size or italasize something....

Have no idea where my PMs are!

I am getting tons of PMS as a moderator with questions, and believe me, I am as in the dark as anyone!

I don't know where my PMs are either. I haven't been able to PM any moderator except Alex - it says they aren't accepting messages. I usually turn my computer off at night but since I have had trouble logging in with my username and password without re-registering, I am afraid I won't be able to get back on. Any suggestions about this? Alex said to PM him with my info and he would consolidate my accounts, and I did, but I don't think it's happened. Can you do that?