Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Modified Protien Train

**Disclaimer: I am not in the medical field...I do not proclaim to be an expert...in fact I failed gym. The below is what I've researched. As with any diet, pls consult your dr. <--sounding like an informercial:nervous

To answer your question, I will say high protein/low carb/low fat foods.

**taken from link below**

In order to covert you body system to "Fat Burning", you will need a safe low carb food list to work with. The low carb food list provided in this page can also be used as a guide for your Atkins Diet foods. All food in our low carb food list contain food with 10% carbohydrate or less. For detail information on the carbohydrate content in individual food please refer to the carbohydrate counter chart at this site.

meats

Bacon , Beef , Calf Liver , chicken , Cornish Game Hen , Duck , Goose , Ham , Kielbasa , Lamb , Pork , Quail , Sausage ,Steak , Turkey , Veal Steak.

Fish

Anchovies in Oil , Bluefish , Catfish , Cod , Flounder , Halibut , Herring , Mackerel , Mahi-mahi , Salmon , Sardine , Scrod , Snapper , Trout , tuna.

Shellfish

Clams , Crab , Lobster , Mussel , Oysters , Scallops , Shrimp , Squid.

Daily

Butter , cheese , Cream , coffee , All Egg , Mineral Water , Mayonnaise , Tea ,Water.

salad Vegetables

Alfalfa Sprouts , Arugula , Bok Choy , Boston Lettuce , Celery , Chicory , Chives , Cucumber , Endive , Escarole , Fennel , Jicama , Mache , Morels , Mushrooms , olives , Parsley , Peppers , Posse Pied , Radiccio , Radishes , Romaine , Sorrel.

Vegetables

Asparagus , Avocado , Bamboo Shoots , Bean Sprouts , Beet Greens , Broccoli , Brussel Sprouts , Cabbage , Cauliflower , Celery Root , Chard , Christophene , Collard Creens , Dandelion Greens , Eggplant , Hearts of Palm , Kale , Kohlrabi , Leeks , Okra , Onion , pumpkin , Rhubarb , Sauerkraut , Scallions , Snow Pea Pods , Spagheti Squash , Spinach , String or Wax Beans , Summer Squash , Tomato , Turnips , Water Chestnuts , Zucchini.

Try this link, about ketosis:

http://www.geocities.com/cherilynn82000/Ketosisandketonestrips.html

Another high Protein foods link:

http://www.highproteinfoods.net/

....andddd how are you going to live in MD and not like seafood:straight I should UPS you back to Ohio where corn beef brisket is served at every meal:nervous

**If your concentrating on high Protein diet, you must get in all your water b/c it puts stress on your liver and kidneys.:eek:

:) :):clap: B):clap: B):clap: :Banane09::clap: :Banane09::clap: :Banane09::clap: :Banane09::clap: :Banane09::clap: :Banane09::clap: :Banane09::clap: :Banane09::clap: :Banane09::clap: :Banane09::clap: :Banane09::clap: :Banane09::clap: :clap:YOU GO GIRL Dr. LSasha P (protein)

Thanks LSasha....

I appreciate the info. I went the grocery store and got all I needed to last me this week. I cant wait to weigh in next week!!!:omg:

Hey yall, I bought some ketostix yesterday. The are suppose to tell you if your in ketosis. Anyone ever use them? If so, what did you think of them?

Thanks!

I got them at CVS for 13 bucks for a 50 pack, which is kinda expensive. I saw somewhere online that they had them for like 8 bucks for a 100 pack. I will try to find the website again.

You have to ask for them at the pharmacy desk.

Kee

I found the Ketone sticks at Walmart, 50ct for 6.86. ANNNNNND guess what....I finally have color...I'm in ketosis:target:

Yeahhh... well if you aint been in ketosis... you been in something cuz your weight loss is going well! Thanks for the info, I'll be sure to go there next time.

Kee- thanks

Tee- Last time I p'd on a stick it was positive, I'll gladly accept color :rolleyes

Just wanted to share this with you all. So be careful!!!

Ketosis is a process in which your body converts fats into energy. During the conversion, ketones are produced as a by-product. Ketones can give your breath a sweet, fruity smell that may be mistaken for alcohol.

Your body normally uses glucose to meet its energy needs. Glucose comes from the carbohydrate in your diet. A healthy, balanced diet should provide you with all the glucose your body needs, so that ketosis does not take place. However, if your body does not have enough glucose, perhaps because your diet is very low in carbohydrates or you are starving yourself, it will begin ketosis to obtain energy from its stored fats instead. As a result of this, the ketone levels in your blood will rise. Prolonged ketosis can be dangerous as it can change the acidity of your blood beyond the level that your body can tolerate. This can eventually lead to serious damage to your liver and kidneys.

Recently, diets that recommend you eat lots of Protein and very little carbohydrate have become popular. These high protein-low carbohydrate diets – known as ketogenic diets – are intended to work by forcing your body to begin ketosis to burn fats and create quick weight loss. Because long periods of ketosis are dangerous to your kidneys and liver, ketogenic diets are never recommended by health professionals for more than short-term use, typically no longer than 14 days. Many nutritionists warn their patients – especially women in the early stages of pregnancy – against following them at all.

That was good info. Tanya but it is just so tempting to stay with the high Protein because you do see that quick loss. Just knowing that the long term damage to other organs isn't worth it. A week at a time sounds like a good idea Sasha, keep up the good work.