Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, I started on soft moist foods last night. Between then and now I have been stuck twice, pb'ed once and threw up once. I have a LOT to learn!!! I guess mushies were just too easy for me and now I'm really challenged!! At this point I don't ever want to eat solid food again. (Ok only at this very moment.) My greatest fear is hurting my band. My new mantra-chew, chew, chew, chew, chew, etc..............

Wow! That's a lot for your first day!

Do you already have Fluid in your band or something?

I went to the Dr. today for my first fill but after telling them about what has been going on, they decided I did not need a fill. Tomorrow is 4 weeks post surgery. They are going to see me again in 2 1/2 weeks. I know I just ate too fast because I waited too long to eat and took bites that were too big.

Some people advise that if you pb, you should go back to liquids for 24 hours.

I don't always do that on the first spitting up episode, but if I do it more than once, I do ease back on the solids. I eat Soups and things like that for a while to let my band settle down a little. Having recurrent pb's can cause the band area to get swollen and then when we try to put more solid food down, it just causes more problems.

I know since you just came off Mushie/soft foods this isn't what you really want to hear, but thought I'd mention it. If you continue to have issues, you might want to consider going back to an earlier eating stage for a bit. Nothing magic about 24 hours, you could need 4 hours or 48.. we're all individual and have to learn what works for us.

Hope you are able to eat "normal" foods soon. :laugh:

I really appreciate the advice. I am not ready to eat anything other than mushy right now. I definetly want to rest my stomach and make sure I don't make it worse. Thanks!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches