Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Doctors blame everything on the band!

I hope this is not going to be the case from now on. I have been having bile reflux. I went to my band docs twice to make sure there were no problems with my band. Now, the GI has done an endoscopy and said all she found was extra bile (I had Gall bladder out in July and 3wks later the problems started). She gave me meds which help a bit but not enough where I can eat. Let me just say that before my endo I had my band doc take out all 8cc's and my band is empty. I still can not eat! Not because it won't go down or comes back up but because in about 10 minutes after eating, my stomach starts burning and gurgling! So I went back to the GI today and she starts by saying "well, I am confused and I think it must be the band"......UH NO! IT IS NOT! :angry:I have NO symptoms that are anyway related to the band. It reminds me of how every time I went to the docs I was told it was my weight and if I would just lose weight I would be magically cured! :huh2: Now she is sending me for an upper GI to see how things move through my system. THIS SUX! YES I am VENTING!

Several years ago, my wife was having horrendous reflux and they were never able to pin it down. I know it is agonizing as she was miserable. I don't have any solid answers for you as at some point, she just stopped having the issue. We never did find out what the reason was, but I personally think it was stress. She left her prior job, Labor Delivery Nurse (high stress job) and moved to a non-patient care job. Less stress, shorter hours, boom, no reflux. She doesn't buy that, but all I know is she isnt coughing and hacking at night or sucking down tum's like candy anymore. They too thought it was her band.

Hopefully you will be able to pin down what the cause is.

I hope you feel better soon! my hubby spent TWO years having horrible reflux....and he is skinny and was so healthy before this. he had acid so bad it was causing him to vomit every single day. anywyas....they did the nicien prcedure (tje acid reflux surgery) and things were ok after that for about three weeks....then sick again so they removed his gallblader. and he is feeling soooo much better! the surgeon said sometimes those procedures need to go hand in hand to fix whichever the problem is.

JUST AN UPDATE! I figured out MYSELF that the problem I was experiencing with the bile reflux was caused by a medication I was put on over a month ago. Once I discontinued the med's my symptoms that plagued me for over a month were gone by the end of the week. Still ticks my off that they wanted to blame the band.

I hear ya! I had been taking the same anti depressant for 5 years and earlier this year, it started making sick to my stomach every night. My band surgeon said it had nothing to do with the band, but my primary said since I was fine before it HAD to be the band! :)

We never did find out what it was, so I have been trying to switch to other antidepressants but so far, everything makes me puke after a certain dosage.

That said, it isnt getting stuck... just makes me sick. I'm frustrated and irritated by the whole situation... I get tired of docs blaming the band for everything... sigh...:hi:

Edited by StrangeDz

Just wait till you get in your forties ladies then everything is just “the change” go home and rest. Hate those words!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches