Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Lap Band Buddy / Mentor Army wife looking for buddy/Mentor any location

Hi,

Looking for anyone and any stage. Just looking to encourage and be encouraged. I don't have a preference of location because I am an Army wife who wont be in the same location through this journey. I am 34 years old and have no children. Not by choice. One of the many complications of being "fat". AS of today I am 6 days post op and having a pretty emotional time. I have a wonderful supportive husband but with him being 6'4" and a whole 190lbs his whole life its a little hard for him to understand. He tries!! Just let me know!!

Hi, you are far ahead of me. I had the consultation, but need to change to Fed BCBS come Jan in order to have the surgery as planned in February. I was in the Navy a loooong time ago and had twins, messed up my beautiful body and it has been downhill since...I am here to give/receive support. I took the job I have now because it allows me to continue to travel whenever. So, I understand moving around completely.

Hey MJV...the time shortly after surgery can be a very emotional time. Hang in there, follow all your doc's order and "rules". All this will come together for you...just have faith and stay positive.

If you want, you can PM me or email me. Or we can talk on this thread. Fire away with any questions or concerns that you might have.

This is not an easy journey but so worth it all. Some days can be tough but once you get on your way, there are soooooooooooo many good days that will change how you feel about things. The self-confidence picks up, you start having more energy.

Best peice of advice I have at this point is to get moving and stay as busy as you can. Walking really helps a person to get stronger and to stay motivated.

Hugs on your difficult issues on having a family. Keep on working towards reducing your weight...maybe that will make the difference for you.

I see this is an old post, but I am also looking for a buddy for support. I am an Air Force wife and have a 13 yr old and a 1 yr old "band baby". Now I'm done breast feeding and have a full band again and having a little more trouble than b4 I had her.

Tfritz, I was banded 5 days ago. I am an Air Force wife stationed in San Antonio. I'd love to be your buddy and support each other!

Hello Mjv013. My name is Richard and I live near Santa Barbara California. I'll be your buddy if you like. I was banded on Aug 6 and so far close to 75 pounds off since I started. I lost 34 pounds prior to surgery using Protein shakes and small dinner salads. Then surgery and another 41 pounds since band day. I try to log in daily and share my advice and seek advice from others. I'm a civilan salaried employee working at Vandenberg AFB in Mission Operations (missile launch Range Safety)

Best wishes and Keep the Faith

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Theweightisover2024🙌💪

Question for anyone, how did you get your mind right before surgery? Like as far as eating better foods and just doing better in general? I'm having a really hard time with this. Any help is appreciated 🙏❤️
      · 2 replies
      1. NickelChip

I had about 6 months between deciding to do surgery and getting scheduled. I came across the book The Pound of Cure by Dr. Matthew Weiner, a bariatric surgeon in Arizona, and started to implement some of the changes he recommended (and lost 13 lbs in the process without ever feeling deprived). The book is very simple, and the focus is on whole, plant based foods, but within reason. It's not an all or nothing approach, or going vegan or something, but focuses on improvement and aiming for getting it right 80-90% of the time. His suggestions are divided into 12 sections that you can tackle over time, perhaps one per month for a year if a person is just trying to improve nutrition and build good habits. They range from things like cutting out artificial sweetener or eating more beans to eating a pound of vegetables per day. I found it really effective pre-surgery and it's an eating style I will be working to get back to as I am further out from surgery and have more capacity. Small changes you can sustain will do the most for building good habits for life.

2. Theweightisover2024🙌💪

That sounds awesome. I'll have to check that out thanks!

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches