Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First fill and no effect.

Hi Everyone,

I had my first feel few days back. It went very fast and painless as it was done by my surgeon himself under the x-ray. They also did barium test.

However I don't seem to see much difference. I can "feel" the band more easily if I eat piece of bread, but I cant feel the fullness.

I have a 14 cc band and I have now 5,5 cc. Let me know if you felt the same when you had your first fill and also how does it feel when you get on to your sweet spot.

Kerimhann

I recently had my first fill (4.5cc in an 11cc band) and I felt the same way. However, I have noticed that I can still eat a large volume of food if I want to, I am feeling full just a bit longer than I did before. I know I still need another fill, but I think feeling full for an extra hour or two will help me get through until my second fill.

My first fill experience has not been a good experience -- I feel no different than when the band was empty. The PA told me that the fills would be gradual, because they don't want to have to fill and unfill over and over again. So I had 3cc's and I'm due for another fill on November 2. Hoping that will make a difference; however, he told me that finding the "green zone" or sweet spot is very, very different for each patient.

I complained to one of the nurses and we chatted for a few minutes on Tuesday. She thinks I wasn't eating enough (big laugh!), but it turns out that she may be right.

For the last 3 days, I've had my three meals, but I'm now including a mid-morning Protein Shake and a mid-afternoon Protein shake, PLUS the 64 oz of Water. I may not drop weight as fast as I want to, but I do find myself more satisfied and not thinking about being hungry all the time.

"One day at a time..."

:)

I had my first fill on 10/5 and I am still filling hungry as well. I only got 1cc and am thinking about asking him on my next appointment for another adjustment even if just 1 more cc.

It's really common for the first (and sometimes second, or even third) fills to have little discernible effect on satiety.

I know it's frustrating, but try to think of yourself as being one step closer to where you want to be.

Use the time you are approaching restriction to build good habits that will serve you well when you do have restriction. Choose foods carefully, eat them in appropriate amounts, chew carefully.

It's a process--and you're on your way :)

With my first band I had 5cc as my first fill ( in an 11cc band) and it made no difference to me.

With my second band I had 4cc placed in my band during surgery and I had no idea. When I went for my "first" fill my doctor told me I already had saline in me! I thought I was completely empty because I could eat a horse.

The first fill really doesn't do anything

Since I am self pay and fills cost me $100 per fill I sure hope restriction doesnt take until the 3rd one for me to feel it!!! I get my first fill on October 21st lets hope that my Doc is aggressive with the fill since it will be done under fluro....

04948749-FFAB-E84C-90A7-1D94AFDDA05E