Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Omg I am so sick of this! Plz help

I am 1 week post op. I was doin ok the 2 days but all of a sudden got really tight in my chest in stomach last night. I figured I ate either too much of my broth or too fast. However, I woke up this morning and felt the same way. It hurts to swallow and feels like I need to burp but I can't, and it hurts! So I went to my doctor and he said I'm probably still swollen from surgery and he didn't want to take any of the liquid in my band, out. So I leave and as I

get out front of the office I become very nauseas and start dry heaving, nothing comes up. I go home take a nap, I just woke up And now the same thing. I got super nauseas, and began to dry heave. It is so painful and I don't know what more to do :'(

I was under the impression that the band is placed unfilled. Mine is not filled and I had it done last Tuesday. I won't have my first fill for another 3 weeks. Try some GaxX if you feel bloated and tight. I had to take some yesterday after a sudden bout out bloaty gas pain. It worked its magic.

sip your liquids slowly... also if you are stressed out the band may feel tighter. I have experienced this. wicked. Try to relax and rest. If you have like the stitch in your side like when you run feeling you know what I mean... then you are too full . take it easy be patient with yourself and the band. once the swelling subsides you will be fine HOWEVER having the dry heaves etc will inflame it again so take it easy ok.

Since you are now dry heaving, you need to call the doctor's office again. I would've gone back in once I started heaving instead of going home. That's a game changer versus just feeling nauseated. They can either take some Fluid out or they can give you something for nausea. You really need to not be throwing up right now.

And yes, some doctors do place the band with a small amount of fill. I had nearly 3cc's in mine from the time of placement.

Non-medical treatment of nausea, send someone to find some candied ginger and when you get some, suck on it. Peppermint also sometimes helps. Warm tea, sipped very slowly.

But the best thing is to call your doc and inform him/her of the change in your status.

Gotta go with Melissande on this one. Call you surgeon NOW. Even though it is after hours the service can page him or her. A prescription for anti-nausea medication can be called in to a 24-hour pharmacy.

Heaving is one of the worst things we can do to a band. Don't wait, get help.

OMG I have the exact same thing! I didnt call my doctor today because I actually felt ok for once this morning. I have had a tightness I WANT TO BURP SOOOOO BAD feeling in my chest since I got banded on 9/30! But today I woke up and actually felt somewhat normal! So I have my applesauce. "its on the list" and now I have the dreaded BURP feeling again. I hate it! I cant live with it forever, so someone please tell me it gets better. That has been 3 hours ago and no relief.

I had the nausea and dry-heaving on the day of surgery! :) It was horrible so I know how you feel. I too have Fluid in my band. Some doctors do it and some dont. I think I am going to call tomorrow!

I sooo hope you feel better! I do... This is NO FUN!

I really think this has to do with the Fluid that is already placed on top of the swelling from surgery. I had my surgery 3 years ago in Nov, dropped 120 lbs and have maintained for over a year and still holding, this is definately worth it, but you need to talk to your doctor, ask him if he will remove some of the fluid, it shouldnt be this bad. I didnt have fluid in my band for 2 months, so my doctor gave my body time to heal. they don't want you to get sick, so communicate.

Wow.... I feel your pain! I had my surgery on 10/1 and I have this horrible bloating feeling in my chest. I still have not burped, not once. I have walked a ton, and it does help a little, but it is not getting the gas out of my system. My stomach is so swollen and bloated, it is unbelievable! My pain is all in my stomach and chest area.... thankfully it has not worked it's way up to my shoulders yet. I have taken Gas-X and it does not seem to be working for me at all. I just started taking Maalox liquid, so hopefully that will help. My stomach does not look normal it is so swollen.... just wondering if this is normal or not??