Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello, Pre Op is tomorrow. surgery is the 26th.

Hi I'm Clif, 38 years old and getting banded in a few days. Took a year for the insurance approval, and now that it's nearly B-day nerves are on edge. I look forward to talking to all of you.

congratulations! These next few days will be SO HARD, you'll be too excited!

Thank-you. It more the fear of my life changing for the better. You live a certain way for so long it's kinda scary when something better is around the bend.

Thank-you. It more the fear of my life changing for the better. You live a certain way for so long it's kinda scary when something better is around the bend.

Hey Clif! I am excited to find someone who is going through this about the same time I am. I had my surgery on the 19th and am home. I am following the discharge instructions to a Tee. I was expecting to feel a million dollars but am not quite there yet. This is to be expected. They are making incisions in your belly. Your bowel will change your will have a few days of emotions which is normal. You will go through a little grieving process (like when someone dies) in this case your old habits. I am still kind of in that but I understand what is going on. I am up walking around but a little sore yet. Getting in and out of bed is hard and coughing. I am going to start some mini walks tomorrow to see how that goes. I am already losing some weight! I am not going to push it right now though. Have a Water bottle on hand and get your items you will need from the grocery store before surgery. that way you dont have to mess with it when you are done. !!!! You will do fine!:confused:

Thanks stinker. Pre op was good. All is set for Thur at 6 am scared as all can be, but happy this has been a year in waiting. Watching YouTube lapband videos. Might as well see what their going to do.

Hi, my surgery is Thursday as well and I had my pre-op today. So nervous that sometimes I want to puke. Keeping busy this week though, tomorrow is dh's birthday so I am taking him for a couples massage in the morning, then working in the afternoon, then probably going out with him. Wednesday morning I am babysitting and then having a party for dh at night. So I don't have much time to think about it but when I do I am sooooooo nervous!

B-day, that's cute! Congrats on your date. Surgery will go great and before you know it you'll be on the path to losing. The nerves/anxiety are common, so take it day-by-day! I was definitely nervous the morning of surgery, but it was truly worth it.

Good luck!

Wow. I'm the first surgery of the day. 6am I hope the docs sleep good and have their coffee.< /p>

Hi, my surgery is tomorrow too, i'm first up at 7:30 am so I have to be there at 5 but that's okay - I am really anxious to get this over with and really really sick of drinking shakes which I have to do for 2 more weeks. And I'm on only Clear Liquids today so I'm hungry - and scared, anxious, etc. We'll both be fine I'm sure, take care.

I wish you the best. I know everything will be just fine.

Heading to the hospital. Wow 2 hours of sleep, I guess I'll be sleeping the rest of the day.

Whew It's over. The surgery was actually a breeze. Woke up dranks some Water, walked around, drank more water Slowly, and they sent me home. I was in the hospital 7 hrs. No Nausea or PB so far, But the excess gas has moved into my back and makes it very uncomfortable at times. hopefully this doesn't last long. I even made a walk through costco waiting for the Prescripts. I hope everyone's surgery went great today. We're now on our way.

I thought i was the only one that is feeling scared of the lifestyle change.

can anyone tell me if I am sending replies correct? i feel like Iam talking to myself.:)

can anyone tell me if I am sending replies correct? i feel like Iam talking to myself.:)

Hi Elizabeth no you're doing fine. So you had your surgery yet? Mine was Thur, today I feel pretty good. I even had coffee so far.