Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

In my 4th week post-op need advice!

Ok so Iv gone through the first 3 weeks and am getting ready to start "normal foods"...Iv been doing my best with eating 3meals a day about 1 cup of food each sitting, sometimes a little more cause Im so hungry. Iv ate alot of fish and chicken salad lately. Since my surgery on July 30th I have lost 21lbs. Most of that the first week and a half and Iv been walking every day. My first fill is scheduled on Sept 7th. My question is I just feel like Im on a diet now so I am trying to figure out how I should get through the next couple weeks before my fill (i know I still might not really good restriction after that but hoping I will) without gaining weight and still losing a little. How did you do it? should I just do Weight Watchers? I have stayed away from breads, salads and things that I read about being hard for people with the band but I guess I am just trying to figure out how I should eat until my first fill?? normal or what? just looking for advice...I am just so tired of being hungry and only being able to eat a little bit.

It is difficult being in bandster hell. I suggest you eat the right foods (low fat, high protien, low carb) even if the portions are bigger than what you will eat once you have restriction. Hang in there, it does get way better. I also suggest you begin excersising if you haven't already. It does wonders for weight loss.

Thanks! I am just going to try to get through the next 15 days eating healthy until I can get my fill and have restriction. Was just hoping I would keep losing weight:(

Thanks! I am just going to try to get through the next 15 days eating healthy until I can get my fill and have restriction. Was just hoping I would keep losing weight:(

I'd continue to eat healthy. It's tough but hang in there! Look at the weight you've lost and use that as something to push you through. Though, not to burst you bubble, but it's very rare that with the first fill you'll achieve restriction. It can sometimes take 2-3 fills.

I stuck to the nutritious stuff....but if I was hungry, I ate. If I am having hunger pains, I don't do well with them :-) I was able, even through bandster hell, to maintain no more than 1400-1500 calories and have maintained steady weight loss. I knew that if I wasn't losing weight, I would have to change my gameplan but I just exercised, ate the right foods, and only ate when hungry. Now that I've had two fills, I can stay around 1200 cals and do fine.

The lapband is a tool to lose weight, in my mind, but not a way to torture myself. I refused to be miserable in my hunger but I wanted to lose weight.

Hoping that made a little sense to you. My nutrition class helped tremendously so I almost make a game of getting the most out of my calories!

One thing that's really helpful to me is to make sure and eat a healthy snack mid-morning and mid-afternoon. Even if I didn't want it, I have a little yogurt -- something. Because if I allow myself to get too hungry, my judgment becomes impaired and all I want is JUNK!

Until you have restriction, just try to focus on nutrition and exercise, and don't stress out about the dang scale.< /p>

Good luck!

Thanks everyone...before my surgery I read about bandster hell but I guess was hoping it wouldnt happen..wishfull thinking:) but It sucks you may have to go through months of doing this until you have restriction..I think that is so crazy after putting your body through this and spending the $$( I was selfpay) I guess I didnt really expect that part to happen even after my 1st fill..kinda depressing:( cause I cant help but think that I lost 40lbs on WW in just 5 months and only spent $20 per month! now I spent 15grand and may have the same results...just venting a little:)