Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone my name is Nickie 26 and I have been banded for 2 1/2 years the first year was great did great and since then Ive really been off of the wagon I am ready to get back on that wagon stay on it and continue to change my life my question is what do I need to do do I need to start all over if anyone has any advice plez let me know or email me at nlacy1983@netzero.com and plez tell me what to start with all advice will be greatly appreciated God Bless you all on your journey

Welcome back and congrats on making the effort to get back on the wagon! Since you've been banded for 2.5 years, you know the band rules. Start to follow them again. Go back to the beginning and start fresh. If you know what you're doing wrong (snacking, eating too much, not exercising, etc.) work on that first. Definitely start tracking what you eat. There are a lot of programs online you can use; fitday.com is a good one. Make sure you're getting all of your protein! Go back to bars/shakes if you have to. Protein, more so the dense kind, will keep you full for longer, so focus on lean meats like fish, turkey, chicken, etc.

If you need a fill, by all means get one! Make sure you're exercising at least 3-4 times a week and drinking all of the Water that you need.

Good luck!

good luck to you!!! I'm too knew to really give any great advice but we all fall down and need to just pick ourselves up and keep going....you CAN do this!!!

weight.png

I would personally start with a week or two of liquids and Protein Shakes. you have been eating sugars and carbs and you'll need to cleanse your body of that so you can start anew...and it would help get you back on track. you could even do the 5 day pouch test (google that). go buy a cute journal just for food and food related thoughts aand feelings. when you see what you put into your mouth you will be able to hold yourself accountable better.

and exercise is SO important....not just the physical importance, but the tozins that are reales while exercising just make you feel better all around.

good luck! and be proud of yourself! you lost a lot of weight and now are making the choice to not settle for mediocre! *hugs!* :thumbup:

I'm with Trishfish on this one. Do the two week pre-op diet of shakes to purge the bad carbs form your body and rid yourself of cravings. Once you've done that slowly add dense protien like fish, chicken lean pork and lean beef to your diet. If you have not been to the Dr. go and get a fill if necessary. Track your progress on one of hte many sites available to you. Get your butt moving by exercising 3-4 times a week even if it is only walking it will help. Good luck, I'm sure you can do this if you are committed to it!

I agree that a week or so on liquids may be a good start. You don't mention is you are feeling restriction. If not, go get a fill for sure. In the meantime, you might want to focus on eating properly (low fat, low carb yada yada). Even if your portions are larger than when you have restriction it will be a good start. As already posted excersise is super important. Do what you can and gradually increase the intensity and or duration. You can do this!