Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone, my name is Jamie and I'm from New Jersey, lol. I've been kinda snooping around the forums for a while and I figured I would check in and say hi.

I just had my surgery this past Friday, the 6th and so far so good. I'm still on the Clear liquids and doing my best to get enough Protein in. I've been slowly drinking Isopure and find that I like the Alpine Punch the best. I'm going in tomorrow for my first visit with my doc post surgery.

I am 6'5", and I started out at 357 lbs. I weighed in this morning at 339 which I am happy about but a bit concerned that I'm losing too fast if that's possible, lol. Anyway, my goal is about 250lbs.

Also, does anyone have any suggestions on how to battle the gas pains I'm having in my chest? Also, any other suggestions you could give on what I can expect over the next few weeks? Thanks, I look forward to meeting you all.

Congrats on being banded and even more congrats on the weight you've lost! :thumbup:That's an awesome amount and I doubt you are losing too fast. As for the gas pains, walk walk walk and take Gas-X strips. They both helped greatly and I believe by the end of week 1 the gas pains were minimal to none.

As for the next few weeks..focus on healing! Take things slow and be sure to stick to your post-op diet. Drink as much Water when you can. Be careful on bending especially because it really does hurt. You'll have pain near your port incision for awhile.

Good luck!

Welcome and Kudos on the dropped weight. Stick with the liquids and you will be so excited to move to mushies!

As for the gas, I took chewable Gas-X and walked and walked. I still use them once in a while and I am 10 months out. I found that after a 'meal' I need to move to help the digestion and gas. The gas will leave in time. It is uncomfortable at times.

Keep up the good work and again: WELCOME!

Jamie-welcome and congrats! Just like the other posts...walk walk walk walk walk...and then walk some more. That's really the only thing that is going to help. It will get it moving and then LOOK OUT :w00t: lol. My husband was pretty impressed with some of my post-op burps. I personally don't feel that you are losing too fast (but I'm not a dr) because at this point in your band you really are not consuming alot of calories. Heck you're not eating! In my personal experience I dropped really fast the first couple of weeks and when I got to mushy/purees (ah they looked so gross, but were like heaven)...I gained a quick 5lbs. I WAS LIVID! I cried (I am a girl ya know lol) and cried because I kept thinking I need to eat. I can't be on liquids forever. I called my dr and he said

#1 the 1st 6 weeks are about healing and just focus on that

#2 from a month of liquids (2 weeks pre 2 weeks post) that my body may have been in starvation mode and holding on to the fat and the calories from the purees and that he bets that they fall off fast. I didn't believe him, but of course he has the PhD and was right. For me Bandster Hell was exactly what it implys, but now that I have restriction it feels less like a diet ( I hate diets). Oh something else I didn't expect...I got really depressed about 2-3 weeks after being banded. Not saying you will, but I've come across a lot of people who have. IDK...probably something to do with having to actually deal with my emotions instead of stuffing my face :blush:. Please feel free to ask any questions or just vent :)

Welcome fellow Jerseyite! Congrats on the loss. Walk walk walk to help with that gas.

Welcome to the party. You are doing great, and no, not losing too fast. Get of the booty and move move move...that, eventually, helps the gas. As far as the next few weeks...expect to start feeling like you, only skinnier, and hungry :) Sorry, it happens to the best of us! Expect the weight loss to really slow down for a bit and expect the hunger to pick up. It's not terrible, but can really get to ya.

Go slow, follow your doctors rules, and you'll do great. Good luck!

Thanks for all the welcomes! I'm going to look into the Gas x strips tomorrow. My chest still feels like its full of air, lol. Tomorrow is my first visit post op and I'm looking forward to it. I can't wait for the mushies!

Welcome Jamie!

i used the gas x strips that melt on your tongue.......helped me a super lot!!!!!Congrats on the weight loss!!!:)

Hi! Congratulations on your surgery and weight loss! I was banded a year ago, and have no regrets whatosoever. Things will get better, as you probably already know. :-)