Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why am I so scared of Slippage?!?!?!?

I am freaking out. I was banded June 14th and followed post op diet pretty good..3 weeks on liquids and week 4 start eating food. At first it took me forever to eat a cup of food and then slowly I became starving ALL THE TIME. Now I eat much more then a cup of food and I tend to graze a lot! I still do mostly Protein and stay away from carbs but I feel like I eat ALOT and QUICKLY..I snack in between meals on mostly nuts, sunflower seeds, and hummus but I feel like I eat something almost every 2 hours.

What are the odds I am going to go to the Dr on Tuesday for my first fill and they tell me my band slipped...its driving me crazy! I have lost about 30 lbs and went to the dr last week and although I havent gained any weight I only lost another 2 lbs in 2 weeks.

Sorry to vent..Im just scared.:wub:

Well, I am a newbie but a research nut :wub:

I wouldn't worry about the band slippage. If you aren't throwing up a lot of having any other symptoms, I am sure things are fine.

If you are going for your first fill, you don't have any restriction yet, and that won't come for a while..If your band is empty, you have nothing to stop you from eating or feeling hungry. People say here on this forum (and my doc says too) that it will probably take you 3 or 4 fills before you even feel any restriction.

I understand your worry, though--I was freaking out too before I went to the doc last week. Talk to him about your concerns, but I am sure you will be fine ;)

My doc. says if the band slipped you suddently wouldn't be able to keep anything down. I think you are fine. Congrats on your surgery!

I was banded on june 8th. I am having the same symptons as you are having. It must be something about the two month mark. I need to go in and have a fill. I can not go for two weekes because i am going away and do not want any trouble while i am on vacation. I too am very concerned about slippage. But the symptoms you are having are not from slippage. I have been told by my doc and other people that have it. That you would not be able to eat anything if it slips. You get sick and can not keep food down. So good luck

Well I definitely dont have any trouble keeping food down. But lately I have been feeling this nervous sensation in my stomach...not so much nausea but a nervous feeling...and today I feel restriction again...this band is worse than a woman on PMS!

I was just recently banded and I totally understand what you're feeling! I started reading online statistics of complications and it was a bad idea! I feel great, so I think it's just post-surgery worries. Everyone else is right though, none of those are symptoms of band slippage so try hard not to worry!

You're eating a lot because you're in bandster hell. This is the period between surgery and reaching restriction. It's hard to deal with and it makes you wonder whether your band is working or not. Have faith that it is. The liklihood of your band having slipped is slim. You're just in that phase where you have no restriction.

Just use this time to try to establish new eating habits, substitutions and self-control. You CAN do this!