Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just wondering if anyone else has been dissapointed with the care/attention you have gotten from your surgeon since surgery. I went with a popular group in Richmond and I'm not happy with what I'm getting, I've complained twice and I'm getting no response. I expected more contact, care calls maybe?, if I have to go in every 3 mos., maybe remind me, bloodwork to check levels, and to actaully see my surgeon. Am I just expecting too much?? I have to take off a half day of work to get an appt. in and when I needed a fill last, I was told I hadn't been in the office in 3 mos. I had been to another area of the hospital for fills, but not that office. To top that, I can't get a fill the same day as the 3 mos follow up. Frustrated!

I think you are expecting too much. I don't know of any Dr's who do care calls - usually they are way too busy. It is normally the patients responsibility to phone the Dr and follow up on results etc. In a perfect world it would be the other way around!

I do think though that they should be able to schedule a fill and a checkup for the same day.

If you need to go every three months I would make the next appointment as you leave. Like you do at the hairdresser. I would tell them the quarterly and fill appointmnets must be on the same day. They may tell you there is a break between the two. As long as it is only a hour it's better than taking a second day off from work.

I wouldn't put up with that kind of care for a moment. Your doctor should be treating you as if you were a family member.

One of the reasons that I chose my surgeon, Dr. Adam Glasgow here in Massachusetts, is because he participates in the total care program. He, his dad who is also a surgeon, and their entire staff treat every patient as if we are royalty. We can call anytime, days, nights, weekends, holidays and talk to them within minutes. If we need to be seen right away, they will meet us at the office or the hospital at any time. They have support groups at least twice a month. Their website is loaded with information and links to other informational websites. They even provide a Buddy service where a person who has had a Lap Band for a while will call you before surgery and after to help with any concerns that you may have.

Dr. Glasgow has treated me with the utmost care and professionalism that I have ever had. He and his staff were there fore me before, during and most importantly after my surgery.

I would Let your doctor know in no uncertain terms how you feel and if he doesn't satisfy your needs, find a new doctor. You should have the best care because you deserve it.

Good Luck!!!

I didn't even get a call after the surgery!!

Very disappointing!! But I heard this from other patients.

This office is not known for aftercare. Overall it has been a very good outcome. Thankfully I haven't had any complications.

Something to think about when it comes down to me recommending this doctor!!

When looking for a surgeon I visited a few great office with compassionate surgeons and staff. Unfortunately, they were not on my insurance, ugh! So, I ended up with a likeable surgeon, but not much aftercare.

My surgeon sometimes doesn't even remember he had an appointment with me. I know that's not a good thing, but for me it's not the end of the world. He's only done that once, although I have had to wait for him for hours because he was in surgery. I prepare for this ahead of time by calling the office on the day of my appointment to make sure he knows I am coming. I also either text him or email him to remind him. (his office calls him also). I haven't had any complications and, while it would be nice to have a surgeon that was more involved ... it is what it is. My doc is a Beverly Hills surgeon and they are all about the money -- for the most part. My doc does have his good points: he never gives me a problem if I ask for a fill, doesn't give me grief because my weight loss is slow (just says that as long as I'm losing, it's good). Part of the reason that waiting for my surgeon to get there is not so bad is because he is in the office with a cosmetic surgeon who has given me free evaluations on what, how and how much he would charge to "fix me up" once I reach goal weight. Everyone in the office is great, but they work for the cosmetic surgeon mostly. They are not familiar with the lapband yet. I relish my time away from my busy desk and I have enough vaca/sick time not to have to worry. So, sometimes I take off the whole day for my fill. I do understand that everyone does not have that option. But I will say this, lapbandtalk.com is a terrific resource for information and the people here are truly great and very generous about sharing their experiences and advice.

All the best to you on your journey.

Wow I wonder if this is the same surgeon i used. I felt the same way. I called the monday after surgery and was playing phone tag with the nurse. Got an appt. for august but i thought the would see me a week after surgery to look at the incisions. August would make it closer to a month and when do i get my fist fil ?