Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello, Hello, Hello

I know I should be happy but I am somewhat bitter/sweet....

First: My hunger has kicked in. I did this lap band because I was not happy with my body. But now I am thinking this will not satisify me.

Second: I have been reading about so many failed lapbands. I read were someone said google failed lap bands and I did. I did not like what I read.

Third: My son is being disruptive in his childcare. he is only 3 and his behavior will determine if he remains in that center tomorrow.

I am so stressed out. i don't have local family around to assist me, so I am really catching it. I don't have any local friends either. I have only been in this area since June 08. I meet people, but nothing ever comes from it. I can rant all night about what I am going through, but my tears will prevent me from seeing the screen.

Sorry that I had to vent....

Wow- you are under a lot of stress and don't seem to have a lot of support. Have you looked into a WLS support group in your area? That may help a lot. Are you excersising? That can be a great stress reliever. I hope your son behaves himself in daycare! Best wishes!

My son is 3 also. There is no stress like baby stress!!! hope he did better today! All I can say to you is keep your head up, you are on an incredible journey. Think long term. Where will you be in 5 years? Healthier, happier and running in the park with your best friend; your son!!! Lots of love!

Hello, Hello, Hello

I know I should be happy but I am somewhat bitter/sweet....

First: My hunger has kicked in. I did this LAP-BAND® because I was not happy with my body. But now I am thinking this will not satisify me.

Second: I have been reading about so many failed lapbands. I read were someone said google failed lap bands and I did. I did not like what I read.

Third: My son is being disruptive in his childcare. he is only 3 and his behavior will determine if he remains in that center tomorrow.

I am so stressed out. i don't have local family around to assist me, so I am really catching it. I don't have any local friends either. I have only been in this area since June 08. I meet people, but nothing ever comes from it. I can rant all night about what I am going through, but my tears will prevent me from seeing the screen.

Sorry that I had to vent....

Congrats! And you came to the right place to vent :)

Ok First: you are still healing and you wont see the results, that is ok it happens to all of us! The fact is that during this healing stage you may gain or stay the same its ok it will happen!

Second: What ever you are reading take it with a grain of salt, people exaggerate and tend to bend the truth. Is there failure yes but you have to talk to the persons it happens to and you will find that 90 % is through no fault of their own. Go into the chat room you will find a great deal of people that will tell you how the band is really working for them.

Third: That happens when you have a 3 year old, it is called Terrible Threes, you may want to consider looking for private care, maybe he needs more one on one. Or talk to the daycare director sometimes it is the teacher that may not like him and is causing issues. That happens believe me~

Take a deep breath this too shall pass, on eating more than what you should just make healthy choices and eat because you are healing!

Good Luck and Take Care

Sandee

Sorry to hear that you are stressed!! On the band front, you're only in week 3. . aka "Bandster Hell." Everyone goes through that period before you get to restriction where you're hungry and can eat pretty much as you did before. It's totally normal and does not at all mean you won't succeed with your band! :) Hang in there. :puke:

I found reading blogs and having a blog to be a great source of support -- It's been a great part of this process for me, and I've met some wonderful bandsters through it. There is a link to my blog below, and I have a bunch of links posted in it to other bandster blogs. So many people are doing really well with the band -- I bet that reading about more positive experiences might be helpful and give you some great ideas about what to expect, menu ideas, etc. You are definitely not alone on this journey! :lol:

Hope all goes well with your 3 year old!

Best wishes,

Catherine

Hang in there baby. Google is not always your friend. Look at all the positive LAP-BAND® stories you will find here and focus on success.:)