Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I look like crap, I feel like crap and my Insurance does't cover Bariatrics ...

And I have been a single Mom without emotional, physical and financial support for 20 of my sons 21 years of life so with trying to put him through college, there's no way possible I can afford the Lapband surgery and my credit sucks! I was one of 600 applicants to win the surgery through a local radio station then I was one of 100 then one of 5...but didn't win...I was so close and thought of how I was going to live my life with the Lapband only to be heartborken once again. I say again because my Ex and I were going to get married next month and his insurance covers the surgery 100%, I was going to get it after we got married, went through the 3 hour seminar and have been to probably 6 support group meetings. I don't know what to do...I'd even go to Mexico but still can't afford the $5,000.

Anyone have any suggestions?:thumbup: I am seriously desperate for this surgery...:thumbup:

Thanks!

My insurance has a bariatric exclusion. I was heartbroken and still am. I cant afford to make payments and I definately dont have enough to pay out of pocket. It irritates me that I have insurance that wont cover something that could benefit a person. Hang in there.

After going through 3 months of testing with the 1-800-Get-Thin people in California. I found out that my insurance does not cover weight loss surgeries. What is worse is that I have had all the testing done and now I have over $6000 in medical bills. I could have paid for the surgery. I cried all day yesterday, so I get your heartache. They told me I was pre-approved.

On the upside, I did find out that I have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and Chronic Kidney disease. I would really benefit from the surgery. But, I guess it is not to be.

Feeling very betrayed and angry at this company. My calls to them have gone unanwered.:)

I think I was just having a really bad day when I started this thread but, I still don't have insurance that covers it. I think the 3 us should ralley outside Oprah and see if she'll do a show about obesity and the LAP-BAND® and let us be filmed before, during and after the surgery :smile:.

It's my dream, let me tell it!! haha!

Maybe someday we will get it, I am still trying to figure out a way, if I find out anything, I will post and let everyone know. I think insurance companies should allow people to buy a rider to attach to their insurance to help cover this or some other procedure that they don't normally cover. But, I called and they said they don't offer such a thing.:)

OMG, you are so funny. I bet there are more than 3 of us that feel this way on this site somewhere.

There is probably someone out there who has the answers too.

I'm not sure Oprah would have anything to do with us. I mean, why hasn't she done this? Too bad Ricky Lake isn't still on.

Keep in touch. If anything you have to keep a sense of humor when you are feeling butt ugly.

Have any of you thought about CareCredit (I didn't qualify because of bad credit or boring money against you retirement 401K or 403B?

Hello Ladies,

Amazing that I found some information that I pray will help you two.

Check out the link I posted for the Weight Loss Surgery Foundation of America, they grant surgeries to people who can not afford to have weight loss surgery. Weight Loss Surgery Foundation of America | Tipping the scales in the right direction.. I was watching BandedWendy's video on youtube and she mentioned it at around the 8 minute mark of her video. Check it out and good luck: YouTube - bandedwendy's Channel

Have any of you thought about CareCredit (I didn't qualify because of bad credit or boring money against you retirement 401K or 403B?

Yes, besides my credit not being good even if I did have good credit, putting my son through college and attending college myself, there's no way I could afford to make a payment, I have a hard enough time surviving as it is.

Hello Ladies,

Amazing that I found some information that I pray will help you two.

Check out the link I posted for the Weight Loss Surgery Foundation of America, they grant surgeries to people who can not afford to have weight loss surgery. Weight Loss Surgery Foundation of America | Tipping the scales in the right direction.. I was watching BandedWendy's video on youtube and she mentioned it at around the 8 minute mark of her video. Check it out and good luck: YouTube - bandedwendy's Channel

THANK YOU! For the information, I signed up as a member on the site but as of right now, they aren't taking applications, looks like they are a pretty new organization but I am looking forward to their success!

Hey Everyone,

I think I might be in the same boat. I checked my company's insurance policy and it states under "Exclusions" that it does not cover anything that is Non-surgical weight loss or surgical weight loss programs. Ugh!!!

Does anyone know if there is an appeal to these exclusions that the company makes? Are you sure you can't buy a rider through your employers company?

Girls I'm with you on this one. I have been wanting to get the surgery for over 6 months now. But like most of you, I do not have the best credit and can't afford out of pocket. The doctor I want is Dr. Nestor De La Cruz- Munoz. People say he is one of the best one's in Miami, FL.

I'll have to read on those sites that you girls posted about. :biggrin:

Good luck to everyone and keep posting information on this forum. I'll take anything I can.

Sincerely,

NewEra4Ever