Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slowly, but surely, I am learning, but boy is it hard. I am sitting here w/four bites of scrambled egg and half a strip of bacon left on my plate. Does anyone else find it amazing that your really just cannot have one more bite after that solid full feeling you get w/the band? Yesterday, I went to a kids' birthday party, didn't have any pizza because I knew it would overfill me and I wanted a little bit of cake. I got one cupcake. It was sooooo good, but I could not finish it. There was literally two tiny bites left and I had to put my napkin over it and throw it out. OK, the rest of my Breakfast is going in the sink before I do something stupid!!! LOL

I know exactly what your are talking about! I used to be able to eat so much food in one sitting.... I think back to when I would see skinny folks just eat a few bites and be done and how jealous I was! Now that is me :thumbup:

Ain't it GRAND!:thumbup:

I applaud those that can do this.

I still have an issue with it. I cannot stop until the plate is cleared or I am throwing up.

I try and put a lot less on my plate. So when I do clear it, I won't be in pain.

I still have an issue with it. I cannot stop until the plate is cleared or I am throwing up.

I try and put a lot less on my plate. So when I do clear it, I won't be in pain.

I'm in the same boat, Bob. And I , too, Applaud anyone who has this kind of restraint and willpower. Growing up poor, and being Honorary Predident of the Clean Plate Club, it SOOO difficult for me to toss any food. ANd in my mind, i"m still hungry because i dont "feel" satiety because i didnt eat much. Si i over eat, and throw up. Not always, but usually. Im almost 2 years out, and this is still an issue for me. SO if you can reel it in now - MORE POWER TO YOU !!!

Bobbie

I'm in the same boat, Bob. And I , too, Applaud anyone who has this kind of restraint and willpower. Growing up poor, and being Honorary Predident of the Clean Plate Club, it SOOO difficult for me to toss any food. ANd in my mind, i"m still hungry because i dont "feel" satiety because i didnt eat much. Si i over eat, and throw up. Not always, but usually. Im almost 2 years out, and this is still an issue for me. SO if you can reel it in now - MORE POWER TO YOU !!!

Bobbie

I am happy because I don't feel hunger (real or head hunger) and don't feel the need to eat everything on my plate.

If you are still feeling that need to eat and yet are still losing weight, you are the ones with the will power and restraint, not me. I admire that so much!

I think I am just lucky, in a lot of ways, but you are doing it by will power.

Bless you and hang in there!:thumbup:

The weird thing is that I don't feel hungry when I am jamming that last bite in my mouth. It's more of a compulsion. I must do it; I can't let it go to waste.

Unfortunately, OCD isn't just about washing your hands a lot or closing the door 3 times. I am a classic hoarder and it extends to food. (not bad enough for the tv show yet...yet)

I don't like to refer to my family as poor but there were 7 of us and my dad worked more than 1 job at a time. We were taught to never waste anything. Not just food, but anything.

Same thing for me. Grew up in a household of five kids and while I can't say we went hungry, there was never anything extra and the foods we ate were inexpensive. To this day I can't stomach white rice. It was a staple in our home. I don't really remember having things like fruit and vegetables. Even after being banded for a year I still struggle with the clean plate syndrome. I guess I always will. To me there is no warmer comforting feeling than going to the grocery store, bringing all of my groceries home and filling up my already overly filled cupboards. Even though I don't eat a lot of it now. I like knowing that nobody in the house will go hungry. I know this stems from my childhood and having very little food in the house. There is so much more to our weight issues than just overeating. I have tried to explain how I feel to my husband. He says he understands but I don't think he really does. He grew up in a household where there was always plenty of good, healthy food. While he has been very supportive of me being banded, he always said to me before surgery it is easy just stop eating when you aren't hungry anymore. Oh, if only it really was that easy.

Oh, trust me, this has been a learning process. I have gone through the same as you. And, now I really try to put less than I think I can eat on my plate because then it is usually just right. It has taken me months to finally get it through my head that those last bites are not worth it (that if I just stop I won't have to PB or slime). And, leaving half a piece of bacon?!?! Well, I've NEVER done that before. Growing up, I remember we were allowed only a certain # of pieces of bacon (2 or 3) and it was never enough.

I consider myself an organized hoarder. :thumbup: And I do it with food. :smilielol5: I have found that I can put it back in the refrigerator instead of the trash, even if its only one bite and this helps me tremendously.