Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Someone recently mentioned how indispensable the Magic Bullet was to their success and now I am wondering if there are any other tools that any seasoned Bandsters find absolute essential and would recommend to those just starting out. Kitchen scales? Portion controlled Tupperwear? Protein shakers? Anything you just can't live without?

I'm trying to stock up now. Surgery is approaching and I'm starting to feel a little overwhelmed!

Thanks in advance. :scared2:

Someone recently mentioned how indispensable the Magic Bullet was to their success and now I am wondering if there are any other tools that any seasoned Bandsters find absolute essential and would recommend to those just starting out. Kitchen scales? Portion controlled Tupperwear? Protein shakers? Anything you just can't live without?

I'm trying to stock up now. Surgery is approaching and I'm starting to feel a little overwhelmed!

Thanks in advance. :unsure:

I'm not banded yet, but I would like to make a suggestion: if you're looking at blenders, etc., it's NINJA Master Prep alllll the way!! I had the MB and it was ok for a while but it's like a hand-masher compared to an electric mixer lol. And don't worry about infomercial prices and schemes, etc; just go pick it up for like 40 bucks from Walmart or bed bath & beyond. Enjoy!:scared2:

For me, I bought baby forks and spoons. Sounds funny but such a help to control how much I put into my mouth. When I use regular size I tend to eat to fast. And of course the kitchen scale. Good luck!

I got myself one of those toaster ovens that can do the 10 inch pizza. I don't do pizza, but I'm much more likely to make myself something healthy with the tiny oven than to grab something quick to avoid firing up my big oven for two chicken fingers. If I do go ahead and make something like Cookies, only three cookies fit in my tiny oven, while a whole whack of them will fit in my big oven. Tiny oven good.

A pill splitter is really helpful to have around. I can still swallow pills as big as a pea, but I feel more comfortable splitting it up if it is bigger than a pea.

Well, you do need a blender for mushies.

Long term, really I couldnt say anything. I just eat how much my body tells me to eat, I dont need any tools for that. If I dont finish what's on my plate then I dont, I throw it out.

Oh, I guess plates! Although we started that long before either of us were banded, we've eaten off salad plates for years and years and years, not huge dinner plates.

I use Inspire Proteins, which dissolve without any equipment. But I do like the Magic Bullet for smoothies I make with frozen ingredients.

I'm not a big gadget girl----I have food essentials, but as long as I have a Water bottle, a good skillet, measuring cups and spoons, and a reliable food scale, I'm a-okay in the kitchen.

The Biggest loser scale...... helps greatly when maintaining that 4 oz meal. Our eyes play tricks on us we can only think we know what 4 oz look like on that small plate.

Any digital scale works. snack size baggies. Every snack that comes into the house is weighed and bagged. it has been a blessing to the whole family. And it is great to be able to just grab an inexpensive bag 1 oz bag of almonds as I am leaving the house.

I bought a new digital food scale and the bread plates that went with my dishes so I could match the rest of the family when the table was set. Any good food processor/small blender is good for mushies. Check your measuring cups and spoons to be sure your set is complete.

I was going to say a good nutritionist! I've got a question - is anyone tracking their food/calories/protein? I'm looking for either a good online site or a hardcopy to throw in my purse when I'm on the go? Any ideas?

I was going to say a good nutritionist! I've got a question - is anyone tracking their food/calories/protein? I'm looking for either a good online site or a hardcopy to throw in my purse when I'm on the go? Any ideas?

I use fitday.com---I've used it for years, and really like it. After a while, you build up a good custom bank of foods you eat most often, and it becomes really simple to track your intake.

I also like that I can access it from my Blackberry.