Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone else get stuck on tuna salad?

This is so weird. I made tuna salad for lunch today figuring it was a no-brainer safe choice. I didn't have a mushy stage, but isn't this considered a mushy? I'm four months out, though, and haven't had tuna salad yet. Sounded good for lunch so I made it. And, man did it NOT go down well. I did not PB, but it was just very very uncomfortable and I only had a few bites. This turned out to be a very low cal lunch today! :thumbup:

BTW, I am pretty tight now, but I can eat a lot of solids fine... had morningstar farms chik patties earlier today. I can eat chicken thighs, enchiladas, fish, etc.

No, tuna salad is one of my staples, along with chicken salad, and have lately added egg salad. I am a natural eater, or should I say straight, a little mayo and that's it. So, if you are adding anything else, maybe that was the culprit, not the tuna. I have a lot of trouble with other meats, but not tuna. Good luck, maybe you will get the answer from others.:thumbup:

I eat tuna salad for lunch most every week day. I'm a creature of habit, plus tuna gives me more Protein grams per dollar. :thumbup:

Sometimes, if I start eating too quickly, I do get a slightly stuck feeling. I've never gotten really stuck, though. I find that if I start out slowly, I'm fine. I don't put a lot in it. Some diced celery, pepper, Old Bay seasoning, and a little mayo. I eat it with whole wheat melba toast, and some apple sauce. Hits the spot every time.

I can eat tuna salad, but I have to eat it with something else. If I eat it with either lettuce or some multigrain crackers, I do fine. I seem to get that "uncomfortable" feeling, if I eat things that have only one texture. I do better if I mix a soft food like tuna salad with something crunchy.

Cindy

Some days I have trouble with tuna and some days I don't. This is the same for me with chicken salad.< /p>

I would take it easy for the rest of the day and tomorrow and then the next day you may do great with tuna.

Once, before I knew better. Soon after my first couple of fills, I tried to have plain tuna and crackers. It was my first PB/slime incident. I was at a Water park with the bathrooms on the complete opposite side. I slimed the whole day. It was an AWFUL experience. I haven't tried tuna since. I agree it's the texture. I've had a similar experience with stringy lobster. I think with a little mayo it'd be fine but, I just haven't tried it yet. It's been almost a year ago. : )

Once, before I knew better. Soon after my first couple of fills, I tried to have plain tuna and crackers. It was my first PB/slime incident. I was at a Water park with the bathrooms on the complete opposite side. I slimed the whole day. It was an AWFUL experience. I haven't tried tuna since. I agree it's the texture. I've had a similar experience with stringy lobster. I think with a little mayo it'd be fine but, I just haven't tried it yet. It's been almost a year ago. : )

What is slimed?

What is slimed?

When food gets stuck, the body automatically starts producing massive amounts of saliva (slime) to try to help move the food down. Mouthfuls and mouthfuls that you have to spit it out.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches