Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When will this work?

I have a 14cc band and 4cc in there. I noticed a difference in the amount of SOME foods I can eat but not ALL foods. I know there are slider foods (ice cream, chips etc) but I'm not eating any of those foods. My fill was 7 days ago and I stay within the same number by 1-2 lbs + and - I keep thinking what the heck?!! I'm getting full quickly on certain foods but not others and I'm not losing like I thought I would. My surgery was on Feb 26th and to date I've lost around 15lbs. I wanna know if I'm on target or if I'm off mark or what??! Anyone else have this issue or had it previously? Some people say the 3rd fill is when they saw and/or felt the difference. Any light?? Anyone!!!?? Thanks all!! :cool:

I have a 14cc band and 4cc in there. I noticed a difference in the amount of SOME foods I can eat but not ALL foods. I know there are slider foods (ice cream, chips etc) but I'm not eating any of those foods. My fill was 7 days ago and I stay within the same number by 1-2 lbs + and - I keep thinking what the heck?!! I'm getting full quickly on certain foods but not others and I'm not losing like I thought I would. My surgery was on Feb 26th and to date I've lost around 15lbs. I wanna know if I'm on target or if I'm off mark or what??! Anyone else have this issue or had it previously? Some people say the 3rd fill is when they saw and/or felt the difference. Any light?? Anyone!!!?? Thanks all!! :cool:

IMHO 15 pounds lost in a month and a half is great weight loss.

IMHO 15 pounds lost in a month and a half is great weight loss.

It is good weight loss but I guess I am just anxious to see more. Most of the loss was right after surgery when food is the worst smelling tasting looking thing on earth lol! Since then, it's been more like maintence than progression. I feel like I am at a stand still with the loss. I think part of is that I forget that at my heaviest I was 255 and now I'm 219-221. It's more about whee I am going now vs where I came from. So I have list half of that prior to surg and half after give or take a few on either side. I just feel stuck is all.

I lost about the same amount of weight right after surgery...then I got my first fill and lost a little more...honestly I didn't see weight loss until my 2nd fill which was almost 9 months after my surgery..

I am sure people have told you this is not going to take weight off you over night..you have to give it time..most people don't lose all their weight for about 2-3 years..This is just a tool to help you lose your weight..I would say your doing great just give it sometime and keep up the good work :cool: and just remember when you hit a plateau in the future get a fill because those fills are the key to losing weight..

I had my band on march 2nd and like you I lost 15lbs right away. I was loosing about a pound a day for a while then when I reintroduced solid foods I stopped loosing and just stayed the same give or take a couple of pounds. I had my first fill 5.5cc's in a 12cc band. Not sure what level of restriction it will give me yet because I have to be on liquids for 48 hours but I am hoping to get some decent restriction because prior to the fill I felt like I could eat like I did before the band.

I have a 14cc band and 4cc in there. I noticed a difference in the amount of SOME foods I can eat but not ALL foods. I know there are slider foods (ice cream, chips etc) but I'm not eating any of those foods. My fill was 7 days ago and I stay within the same number by 1-2 lbs + and - I keep thinking what the heck?!! I'm getting full quickly on certain foods but not others and I'm not losing like I thought I would. My surgery was on Feb 26th and to date I've lost around 15lbs. I wanna know if I'm on target or if I'm off mark or what??! Anyone else have this issue or had it previously? Some people say the 3rd fill is when they saw and/or felt the difference. Any light?? Anyone!!!?? Thanks all!! :thumbup:

Hey, I know everyone is different but I had almost 8cc in my 14cc band before I had any decent restriction. I am currently at 10.4cc and just went to the Dr today and this is the first month I have not had a fill in 9 months.

so jut hang in there and watch your food. Counting my daily calories really has helped me quiet a bit especially when i wasnt having great restriction.

You are not alone. Check out this Thread:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f13/how-many-ccs-restriction-14cc-52373/

The Key is Protein!! buybulkwhey.com: I have 8.6 cc in my 14 cc band.

Thanks for the link Vikki99. It made me feel a LOT better! I am scheduled to get my 4th fill and have been quite discouraged because I have yet to fell any REAL restriction. I know that it's here, but I have minimal restriction and can eat almost anything as long as I chew it well. Hopefully I'll see a difference with the next fill. I'm ready to lose weight!! I've only lost 5 pounds since December 2009! I am NOT happy!:)

You sound just like me. I was banded Dec. 31, 09. lost 15 lbs the first 2 weeks, Been getting fills every 2 months with hardly any restriction. and only losing another 8 lbs. :thumbup: I went yesterday for another fill and I got too much!!:thumbup: I drank some Water after I got in my car and it came up through my nose!!!! Yuk !!! :biggrin: So I wen't back in the Dr. Office and they removed some and now I have really good restriction. I have found out this is a strange thing getting it right. I did not have good restriction @ 7.5cc in an 11 cc band. Now I have 8.5 and it's just right.:thumbup:

So hang in there.

I was banded January 18th and lost a lot quickly. I went from 250 to 220 then got my first fill and went to 209. I had my second fill (now 4cc's) 5 weeks ago and have only gone down to 204. I go back next week and hope to get to 199 quickly. I guess because I lost so much so fast that I expected to keep at the same pace but my doctor says 1 to 2 lbs. per week is what I should expect.

Yeah I hate that it's not going as quickly as it did to begin with as well. With a beginning weight of 250 my pre op diet took me to 238 the day of surgery and my first post op visit 3 weeks from surgery day I was at 225, 4 weeks later at my first fill 221, then another 4 weeks later and my second fill taking me to 5cc I weighed 215- that second fill was about 3 weeks ago now and I'm only down to 211-213. I now have more in my band but I'm not losing like I was before. I have not hit my sweet spot yet because I'm able to eat alot if things I shouldn't and more than 4oz even though I try very very hard not to. I often wonder if it's the quality of food I'm putting in me vs quantity. I work out sometimes 5 days a week plus I'm active at work as a nurse- my metabolism is up there. I'm dying to get under 200!!! My dr says 1-3 lbs a week is healthy- well I wanna be the 3lb looser (lol) I just feel stuck! I go for my 3rd fill on June 9th and I'm hoping that it helps. I'll also talk to my dr and see what he thinks. I don't wanna be like this anymore. I wanted to do it healthy after failing at all the other crazy things I done prior to try to lose weight. I am so afraid I will be the person who has 13 cc in a 14 cc band still eating without restriction. I appreciate the feedback from everyone for sure. It's nice to know I'm not alone in my thoughts or worries :) best wishes to you all.

Hi, I had my surgery on 4/19/10. I'm only down 7lbs since then. Had a 3cc fill on 5/17, but still feel wide open. I am really getting totally frustrated, as I feel I should be down so much more than 7lbs. I have made an appointnment for 5/24 for another fill and feel like I have to demand at least another 3cc's to get this show on the road.

I have a 14cc band and 4cc in there. I noticed a difference in the amount of SOME foods I can eat but not ALL foods. I know there are slider foods (ice cream, chips etc) but I'm not eating any of those foods. My fill was 7 days ago and I stay within the same number by 1-2 lbs + and - I keep thinking what the heck?!! I'm getting full quickly on certain foods but not others and I'm not losing like I thought I would. My surgery was on Feb 26th and to date I've lost around 15lbs. I wanna know if I'm on target or if I'm off mark or what??! Anyone else have this issue or had it previously? Some people say the 3rd fill is when they saw and/or felt the difference. Any light?? Anyone!!!?? Thanks all!! :thumbup:

I had the same problem with only a couple pounds the first few months, but since my fill on feb 1st I've lost 53 pounds. I was positive this was gonna be unsuccessful like everything else I ever tried. I was wrong, just be paitient and your next fill should be the ticket. Good Luck