Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

60-80 pnds...

This is probable a stupid question,but can anyone give me any idea if after a 60 pnd weight loss,tummy tuck would be needed?From what I understand lapband weight loss is relativly slow so I'm hopeing not to need it.I'm 51,so that might be a factor.My goal is 160 or so.I'm 5'2.

Thanks,Guys!

My high weight was 240+, my band weight was 223, and my fill doc said he'd do my Tummy Tuck when I got down to around 160. My goal weight was 140 (I'm 5'5"), but I recently changed it to 145 since my BMI would be normal at that weight...no longer overweight.

I'm 40, have 2 kids and 2 C-sections and my fill doc mentioned this Tummy Tuck without my asking...he sees my belly...he knows what he sees, so I'm assuming I'm right that I will need one.

So, if I get a TT at 160, that will be about a 60 pound weight loss with 20 pounds left to go before hitting goal.

Hope that helps? Hope you don't need one. Even with my slow weight loss, I'm counting on needing it.

From what I have read and have been advised....they dont do a Tummy Tuck till 1 year after surgery and you have reached or have come very close to reaching your goals. If you have to lose 60-80 pounds, and have reached your goal then a Tummy Tuck may be given. But if you need to lose like 100+ pounds, I dont think they would do a tummy tuck at 60 then again at 100 pounds lost. Hope this is helpful...

Sonjia, everyone is different. I've lost more than 120 lbs and I don't feel I need a Tummy Tuck. Now my arms are a different story! There's just no way to predict what your needs will be.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches